NLWF Presents:
The Federation that promises to blow your mind as we lead the golden age of Pro Wrestling into the future! The No Limit Wrestling Federation is like no other, where you will be given limitless opportunities to excel fast as you compete in the Land of No Limits, fighting in the best Blood Sport on Earth!

NLWF accepts anyone brave enough to take the Walk of Fame, the first steps on the path to Immortality, but warns: Enter at Your Own Risk!

No restrictions, no boundaries, no limits, just the sport the way it should be!

Welcome and allow me to introduce you to four letters that will change your life, NLWF!

“IMMORTAL IS THE NLWF STANDARD OF QUALITY”

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NLWF Presents:
The Federation that promises to blow your mind as we lead the golden age of Pro Wrestling into the future! The No Limit Wrestling Federation is like no other, where you will be given limitless opportunities to excel fast as you compete in the Land of No Limits, fighting in the best Blood Sport on Earth!

NLWF accepts anyone brave enough to take the Walk of Fame, the first steps on the path to Immortality, but warns: Enter at Your Own Risk!

No restrictions, no boundaries, no limits, just the sport the way it should be!

Welcome and allow me to introduce you to four letters that will change your life, NLWF!

“IMMORTAL IS THE NLWF STANDARD OF QUALITY”
NLWF Presents:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Picture of Dor-.....Chuck Matthews

Go down

The Picture of Dor-.....Chuck Matthews Empty The Picture of Dor-.....Chuck Matthews

Post by Chuck Matthews June 12th 2009, 3:27 pm

Chuck walks through the streets of the city. It's a pleasant day. The skies are clear and blue. The sun shines bright, while a calm breeze drifts between the buildings. Chuck misses it. He does not see beauty in much anymore. Seeing his face in the mirror, and knowing what it means, Chuck begins to reflect. He reflects on his life as of late, on his choices, on the soul that is slowly been torn to pieces through his actions. As he walks by each shop window, he catches sight of his reflection: The horrid, distorted face that walks alongside him. Chuck stops outside a show store and looks into the window. The twisted face stares back.

The image has gotten steadily worse with each passing hour. His eyes, once blue and inviting, now sit blank, cold, lifeless. They are a sickly shade of green, and glow ominously. The pupils and iris have disappeared completely, leaving behind a blank slate of green. Black blood drips from the eyes, rolling down Chuck's face and pooling in a gaping hole in his cheek, where the skin has rotted off. Chuck's skin, across his body, is mutilated with scars and places where the flesh has simply begun to rot away. Chuck's teeth have grown to unnatural size, and have become very pointed, so that even when Chuck's mouth is closed, the jagged teeth poke out from his lips. His hair has greyed to that of an old man. It hangs in greasy strands around his face, and looks as though it has not been washed in weeks. In some places, bald spots have sprouted, places that look as though someone ripped the hair clean out of his head. Chuck lets out a tremendous sigh. This is truly the face of evil.

???: "What're you looking at?"

Chuck turns to see a young girl staring at him. As soon as their eyes meet, she lets out a squeal.

Girl: "Oh my God, you're Chuck Matthews!"

Chuck smiles, although inside, he wishes he was anyone but.

Chuck Matthews: "The one and only. What can I help you with?"

Girl: "Oh my god, stay here, please? You have to meet my friend!"

The girl turns around, looking around fr someone. She catches sight of a teenage girl across the street.

Girl: "Ashley! HEY ASHLEY!"

Ashley trots over to Chuck and her friend.

Ashley: "Hey, what's up?"

She catches sight of Chuck and shrieks.

Ashley: "Oh my god! Jenny, is that?"

Jenny nods, and the two girls squeal in excitement. Chuck fights to prevent himself from rolling his eyes.

Ashley: "Jenny and I are huge fans!"

Jenny: "We love you, Chuck!"

Chuck Matthews: "Why?"

The girls look at him with confused faces. Chuck blinks a couple times, and realizes what he just said.

Ashley: "Well...you're one of the best wrestlers in the world!"

Jenny: "You're awesome! And he's totally hot, isn't he?"

Ashley: "Jenny! He's standing right there!"

Chuck grins. He's used to it by now. Women of all ages, admiring his looks. More than once, Chuck has passed a group of girls and heard them whisper excitedly to each other, 'Good Lord, that man looks good.'

Chuck Matthews: "I suppose you want me to sign something."

Ashley hands him a marker, and turns around. Chuck scribbles his name on the back of her shirt, then does the same for her friend. He hands the marker back and turns to walk away.

Ashley: "Wait...Chu-...uh...Mr. Matthews...Do you think we could walk with you a while? It's just..."

Chuck Matthews: "Sure. Why not? Just don't expect me to pull and Crimson Skull pedophile bullshit."

The girls squeal i excitement. Chuck turns around, shaking his head. It wasn't that big a deal, really. It's not like he was doing anything important. And he didn't mind the company. Chuck glances over his shoulder and smirks. The two girls parade behind him, obviously very pleased that he let them tag along.

Chuck Matthews: "So tell me a bit about yourselves. How old are you two?"

Ashley: "Fifteen, sir."

Chuck Matthews: "Stop the 'sir' crap right now. I hate that."

Ashley: "Sorry."

There is silence for a few minutes as Chuck walks.

Chuck Matthews: "Well, come on! Let's hear some stuff. What is it teenage girls do these days?"

Jenny: "Same old stuff, really. We like to go shopping. Hang out with friends. Play sports."

Chuck Matthews: "What do you play?"

Jenny: "Basketball for me. Ashley doesn't play."

Chuck Matthews: "I guess sports aren't for everyone. How's life for you two?"

Jenny: "We do the same thigns everyone else does. We go to school. We do our work. We have friends. Family...well..."

Chuck stops, and turns around.

Chuck Matthews: "What do you mean, 'well?'"

Jenny: "Ashley doesn't really have a family."

Chuck raises an eyebrow.

Chuck Matthews: "What? How do you not have a family?"

Jenny: "Her parents died when she was six. She's lived in a foster home ever since."

Cuck look at Ashley. She stares at her feet, her arms crossed in front of her. The outgoing personality she had five minutes ago seems to have died instantly.

Chuck Matthews: "Well, that's still a family, isn't it? Just because they aren't related to you by blood doesn't mean they aren't family. A family is what you make it."

Jenny: "Well, it's more complicated than that. Ashley's family doesn't like her much."

Chuck stares off into space for a moment, a strange look on his face. He quickly snaps back to reality.

Chuck Matthews: "I see..."

Ashley: "No you don't!"

Chuck looks at Ashley. Tears are beginning to slide down her face.

Ashley: "They hate me. They say that they care, but they don't. They're never around. When they are, they fight. They trash the house, and they yell at me to clean it up. Sometimes they refuse to let me have food. I have to go out on my own and buy it for myself if I want to eat. They always call me rude names, and they always force me to do all the work and cleaning around the house. And if I don't do it exactly as they want..."

Ashley realizes everything she has just said, and is immediately silent.

Chuck Matthews: "If you don't do it exactly as they want, what?"

Ashley says nothing. She buries her hands into her pockets and stares at her feet.

Chuck Matthews: "Ashley....let me see your hands."

Ashley digs her hands deeper into her pockets. Chuck grabs her arm. Slowly, she pulls out her hand. Chuck rolls up her sleeve and steps back, disgusted. Her arm is covered with bruises, cuts, and scars.

Chuck Matthews: "Why don't you call the police?"

Ashley: "My dad tells me if I were to report him, he'd kill me."

Chuck feels his stomach churn in hatred.

Chuck Matthews: "I understand."

Ashley: "No you don't."

Chuck Matthews: "You know, you're starting to sound a lot like Kaos. Who are you to tell me what I do and do not understand? Who are you to tell me what my life has been? It's people like you and Kaos that look at me, and see the way I live my life. You see confidence, fame, charisma, movie star good looks. You assume I have never had to work for anything, but you don't see just how wrong you are. My entire life hasn't been fine dining and gold toilets, you know. My ass wasn't wiped with silk as a baby. In fact, my entire life is a mirror image of my NLWF career. I started at the bottom of the barrell, and I worked my way up. I am the success that I am through my own stubborn effort. I busted my ass to get where I am, and I truly feel that justifies a little bit of an ego. But for people like Kaos, to tell me I've never known what it's like to suffer? To overcome adversity? I would go so far as to say it's a bit ignorant. I know just as well as anyone else, if not more, what it's like to fight through hardship. I won't stand for-"

Chuck is cut off as Ashley throws her arms around his neck. She cries into his shoulder. Chuck looks at Jenny, who shrugs, but smiles. Ashley quickly breaks the embrace.

Ashley: "Oh my god...I'm so sorry."

Her face turns a bright pink, and she walks away quickly. Her friend chases after her, looking back only to shout.

Jenny: "Nice meeting you! And thanks for the signed shirts!"

Chuck watches the two girls walk hurriedly down the street. They turn the corner, and are out of sight.

???: "Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!"

Chuck doesn't need to turn around to know who it is. The masked man pats Chuck on the back.

???: "Nice work, Matthews! That's one step closer to redemption!"

Chuck Matthews: "You're obviously here for a reason. You probably have some riddle of life to bestow upon me, so let's have it so we can continue on with our daily business."

???: "The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones."

Chuck Matthews: "Confucius."

???: "Very good. So what does it mean?"

Chuck Matthews: "I don't know. Something about my redemption, I suppose."

???: "Precisely. Now riddle me this: How?"

Chuck thinks for a moment.

Chuck Matthews: "The mountain......is my redemption...."

???: "Not quite. But you're on the right track."

Chuck Matthews: "So...to find my redemption, I need to climb a mountain."

???: "Damn! I thought you had it for a second. Come on, Matthews. Think."

Chuck pauses for a moment. He slowly nods his head.

Chuck Matthews: "The mountain represents my sins."

???: "We have a winner! Now what does the rest mean?"

Chuck Matthews: "My redemption isn't found by undoing what I've done. It's by righting the wrongs to make up for my sins. I'm moving the mountain of sin by carrying away small pieces. So...eventhe tiniest acts get me a bit closer to my redemption..."

???: "YES! It can be taught!"

Chuck Matthews: "So what's the point of taking me? If all I need to do is make up for my wrongdoing, what purpose does taking me away serve?"

???: "Chuck, we take you to teach you about your life. You sin just like everyone else. Nobody is completely clean. What makes you special is the reason you do these things. Your life, Chuck, is a very complicated matter. Your anger, your violent nature, is all because of things that have happened to you. Don't you remember?"

Chuck thinks back. He knows there was something. A tragic event in his life. But he can't remember the details.

???: "You can't remember, Chuck. You've spent years, burying your true nature in arrogance and title belts and personal success. Don't you realize? Your past has made you what you are. Your ego comes from your attempt to protect yourself from who you really are. But you've been lying to yourself, and to everyone else for so long, somewhere along the line you've lost sight of the man you're supposed to be. You sold your identity, and for what? A title match. That's why we take you, Chuck. You will right your wrongs, and you will look back, and find who you are. You will find the real Chuck Matthews. The man you're meant to be. Only then, will you find your redemption, and only then will you be allowed to walk among men once more."

Chuck nods. The masked man turns to walk off.

Chuck Matthews: "Wait."

The masked man turns around.

Chuck Matthews: "You said my actions today brought me a step closer. What exactly did I do?"

???: "You connected to a young girl. You made her realize things about her life she didn't know before. It's ironic really. You can help others come to their realizations, but you haven't been able to do it yourself."

Chuck Matthews: "All I did was rant about how ignorant Kaos is."

???: "You gave her a shoulder to cry on. Because of you, she realizes now that she has had nothing to fear. Her abusive parents have nothing to hold over her. The next time she is beaten, or neglected, or abused, she'll stand and fight. And it's all because of you."

Chuck Matthews: "How do you know? How do you know I affected her at all?"

???: "Trust me, Chuck. Everything is going to work out for Ashley Borden. I promise."

The masked man turns on his heel and walks away, disappearing into nothing as he goes.

Chuck watches the man disappear. He pulls his phone out of his pocket and dials a number.

Chuck Matthews: "Come on, come on. Pick up..."

Chuck taps his foot impatiently.

Chuck Matthews: "Hello? Excellent, I'm glad i caught you.....it doesn't matter. I just need a few minutes....Alright, listen. I want you to run a search on an Ashley Borden, alright?.....Don't ask questions, just please. Do this for me, alright?.....Yeah. I want to know her address. Birth date. Parents....You will? Awesome. Thanks a lot...Yeah..."

Chuck's voice gets quiet.

Chuck Matthews: "I love you, too."
Chuck Matthews
Chuck Matthews
Proving Ground
Proving Ground

Male
Birthday : 1991-05-17
Zodiac : Taurus
Chinese Zodiac : Goat
Location Location : Chicago, Illinois
Number of posts : 710