NLWF Presents:
The Federation that promises to blow your mind as we lead the golden age of Pro Wrestling into the future! The No Limit Wrestling Federation is like no other, where you will be given limitless opportunities to excel fast as you compete in the Land of No Limits, fighting in the best Blood Sport on Earth!

NLWF accepts anyone brave enough to take the Walk of Fame, the first steps on the path to Immortality, but warns: Enter at Your Own Risk!

No restrictions, no boundaries, no limits, just the sport the way it should be!

Welcome and allow me to introduce you to four letters that will change your life, NLWF!

“IMMORTAL IS THE NLWF STANDARD OF QUALITY”

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NLWF Presents:
The Federation that promises to blow your mind as we lead the golden age of Pro Wrestling into the future! The No Limit Wrestling Federation is like no other, where you will be given limitless opportunities to excel fast as you compete in the Land of No Limits, fighting in the best Blood Sport on Earth!

NLWF accepts anyone brave enough to take the Walk of Fame, the first steps on the path to Immortality, but warns: Enter at Your Own Risk!

No restrictions, no boundaries, no limits, just the sport the way it should be!

Welcome and allow me to introduce you to four letters that will change your life, NLWF!

“IMMORTAL IS THE NLWF STANDARD OF QUALITY”
NLWF Presents:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helping a Friend

Go down

Helping a Friend Empty Helping a Friend

Post by Chuck Matthews October 29th 2010, 10:21 pm

Toronto, Canada
October 26, 2010

Chuck leans against the wall of the hotel room, staring at the ground. Around him, the rest of the Matthews family surrounds him, still dressed up in their formal wear. Chris lays on the sofa, tossing his cell phone up in the air, watching it twirl above his head, only to fall back into his waiting hand. Ashley sits on the bed, curled up in a ball, next to Jessica, who holds her close. It’s dead silent, leaving a heavy, nervous atmosphere in the room.

Zack Matthews: “Are you fucking kidding me?”

Jessica Matthews: “Zachary Matthews!”

Zack shakes his head. Chuck smirks at the kid. James’s son was certainly not the way Chuck remembered his older brother. James was very materialistic, taking more pride in what he had rather than who he was. He loved flashing his money, his car, his house. He was the first born of a very wealthy couple, and he was always sure to remind everyone around him. Zack, though…Chuck remembers the day he met the kid.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valeo Manor
October 15, 2010

Chuck pulls up next to the large gate guarding the house, and punches in the code, waiting for the gates to slowly swing open. He drives up, parking the car in the driveway, and grabbing his duffel bag from the seat next to him. He had spent the week with Aubrey, in her hotel, and had decided to head home on Friday. He slowly walks up to the front door, fumbling with his keys, but finally getting the door open.

Chuck Matthews: “I’m back!”

He hears Jessica’s voice call from upstairs.

Jessica Matthews: “Welcome home, Charlie!”

There’s a lot of barking, and Roger charges into the room. Chuck drops his bags and crouches down to the dog’s eye level. The dog leaps, catching Chuck by the shoulders. Chuck rolls with it, and grabs the dog by the neck, wrestling it to the ground. The dog growls playfulls, trying to squirm it’s way free, but suddenly freezes, his ears perking up.

Chuck Matthews: “What is it?”

He lets go of Roger, who scrambles to his feet and charges into the living room. Chuck slowly stands up, slinging his bag back over his shoulder and following Roger into the living room. The TV is on, somebody playing Salvation City Stories. The character runs forward, towards a massive gate, where a bunch of shirtless thugs stand guard. The game character approaches the men, who let the guy in, but the guy pulls out a shotgun and blast one full in the chest. Rather than reload, he switches to a katana and swings it, cutting the other man’s head clean off. Alarms sound as character steps through the gates, and a loading screen comes up.

Chuck Matthews Crusader Camp

Chuck looks over the back of it, and sees a young boy lounging across it, his head propped on the arm of the sofa. He looks up at Chuck.

Chuck Matthews: “Do I know you?”

The kid pauses the game.

Zack Matthews: “Zack.”

Chuck raises an eyebrow.

Chuck Matthews: “James’s kid?”

Zack Matthews: “Who?”

Chuck shakes his head.

Chuck Matthews: “Forget it.”

Zack looks from Chuck to the screen. The pause menu shows a large picture of Chuck, with the caption beneath it.

“Chapter 29: Homeland Security
Current Objective: Clear through the Crusaders and kill Chuck Matthews”

Zack Matthews: “Holy shit!”

Chuck laughs.

Chuck Matthews: “You got a mouth on you, don’t you kid?”

Zack Matthews: “You’re Chuck Matthews!”

Chuck hops over the sofa, landing in a seated position next to the boy.

Chuck Matthews: “The one and only.”

Zack Matthews: “I…I’m your son.”

Chuck pauses, and looks at Zack. What was he talking about? Chuck knew who Zack was. He was James’s boy, not his.

Chuck Matthews: “I’m not-”

He looks at the kid, who is staring at him ike a homeless man who’s just had a bag full of gold coins fall in front of him.

Chuck Matthews: “Nevermind.”

Zack looks from the screen to Chuck.

Zack Matthews: “Hey, wanna play NLWF 2010 with me?”

Chuck Matthews: “Uh…Sure thing, set it up.”

And that’s how the two met.

-------------------------------------------------------

It wasn’t until a week later that Chuck couldn’t take it anymore. Jessica, Chris, Chuck…even Ashley knew that Zack wasn’t actually his kid. But Zack was so convinced he was, and Jessica had explained why. Zack had spent the summer with Brenton, trained and taught in the City of Salvation. Brenton had thought, as Zack did, that Chuck was the father. Unfortunately, since nobody had ever explained who Zack’s father really was, for Brenton to tell him that it was Chuck, Zack believed it. To meet Chuck now was the greatest thing to happen to the kid…but Zack was living an illusion. He was convinced that he ha finally met his father, and for the week, he was terrified to see Chuck leave. The way he saw it, apparently, the two of them had nine years of father-son time to catch up on, and the more time Chuck spent with Zack, the worse he felt for encouraging the lie.

The two of them sat in the living room, playing NLWF 2010. Zack had created his own custom character, and was pretty good. But for reasons unknown to Chuck, Zack liked playing as NLWF characters, usually Brenton Cyrus, Chris Matthews, or for some reason, Aaron O’Shea. Currently, he played as Brenton, teaming up with Chuck, who played as himself, in an End Game tag match against Matt Gray and Cotton the Clown.

Chuck Matthews: “Listen, Zack…”

Zack Matthews: “Yeah?”

Chuck Matthews: “I need to talk to you about something.”

Zack Matthews: “Cotton’s up.”

Chuck runs towards the corner, and takes Cotton down with a cross body.

Chuck Matthews: “That’s fucking impossible to do in real life. I’ve tried.”

Zack laughed, making Brenton punch Matt Gray in the face.

Chuck Matthews: “Anyway…we need to talk. Look, the last week-”

Zack Matthews: “Finisher!”

A spotlight shines on Brenton, telling them that he’s able to hit his signature move. The screen changes to show Brenton backing into a corner while Matt Gray gets to his hands and knees. Brenton rushes forward, his boot colliding with the side of Gray’s head. Brenton goes for the pin. The referee starts counting. One…Two…Cotton stomps on Brenton’s spine, breaking the pin.

Zack Matthews: “Where were you on that?”

Chuck is running in large circles around the ring.

Zack Matthews: “What are you doing?”

Chuck Matthews: “Zack, we really need to talk-”

Zack Matthews: “You’re not actually my dad. I know. Can we get back to the game?”

Chuck stares blankly at the screen. Wait…he already knew?

Chuck Matthews: “You already know?”

Zack Matthews: “I’m nine years old, you’re twenty-five. You expect me to believe you had a kid when you were sixteen?”

Chuck laughs.

Chuck Matthews: “Clever.”

Zack shrugs. Chuck runs and tackles Matt Gray into the corner, while Brenton tries dragging Cotton towards the flames surrounding the ring.

Zack Matthews: “So what were my parents like?”

Chuck Matthews: “I, uh…I don’t really know.”

Zack Matthews: “He was your brother, wasn’t he?”

Chuck Matthews: “I moved out a year before he…before he passed.”

Zack Matthews: “Aunt Jessica says he was…kind of full of himself.”

Chuck Matthews: “He was a good guy. But yeah, he liked having nice things. Nothing wrong with that though, is there?”

Zack Matthews: “I guess not.”

The spotlight shines on Chuck. The screen flashes to a shot of Chuck crouching in the corner, waiting for Matt Gray to get to his feet. Chuck runs forward, spearing him to the ground.

Zack Matthews: “Let me get the pin!”

Chuck backs off, and proceeds to stomp on Cotton’s arms while Brenton covers Gray. The referee counts. One…two…three. The bell rings.

Zack Matthews: “Nice.”

Chuck Matthews: “Holy shit, Matt got fuc- messed up.”

Chuck makes a mental note to try and watch his language around the kid.

Zack Matthews: “Another match?”

Chuck shrugs.

Chuck Matthews: “Go for it.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chuck looked at Zack, who stared in disbelief at Chuck. Zack apparently expected Chuck to have some brilliant counterattack to Nick’s kidnapping, but the truth was, Chuck hadn’t expected Nick to stoop so low. Zack was certainly a brash kid. Smart, too. He would grow up to do great things. But for now…he was trying to inspire the rest of the family…and Chuck was letting him down.

Zack Matthews: “This is it? You’re going to sit around like a bunch of bumps on a log?”

Chuck Matthews: “Did you have a better idea?”

Zack Matthews: “Yeah, instead of sulking about it, why not do something?”

Chuck Matthews: “Yeah? And how do we do that?”

Zack Matthews: “You’re supposed to be the smartest man in wrestling, aren’t you? You think of something.”

Chuck frowns. He had no idea how to even begin. The Dark Knights had crashed Nick’s party, kidnapped Biggie’s wife. And Chuck hadn’t seen it coming at all. They had taken precautions, of course. At Biggie’s request, Chuck had set up his security around the place, guarding any possible entrance. Somehow, they had gotten in anyway…which had led Chuck to think there was someone in Bad Company that was going against them. He had gone through the entire list in his head.

Brenton Cyrus…Chuck couldn’t determine that. Brenton had really been laying low, losing a lot of his matches, even after joining Bad Company…but Chuck and Brenton had a long history. Given, not all of it was good…but was it enough for Brenton to want to sabotage the team?

Ashley…she was the prime suspect in Chuck’s mind, though he never would have told her straight out, nor would he act on it. Ashley and Nick had a much better relationship than Chuck and her…though in recent weeks, Chuck and Ashley had been a true family, while she rarely had anything good to say about Nick. Chuck knew that Ashley still loved Nick, and she was willing to do anything to get him back…but she had also told Chuck that family came first. Ashley was close to Chris, and Jessica, that much Chuck knew for sure, even if he couldn’t be a hundred percent sure of her feeling towards him.

TJ and Matt…it was possible that they may be behind it…but if they were, who cares? The two didn’t pose much threat if they were to leave…and besides that, they couldn’t afford to leave. Chuck was sure they weren’t about to leave the team that had helped them turn their career around.

Then there was Biggie. Biggie was…another story.

For the first time, Chuck couldn’t think of a plan. He had a few ideas, yes, but nothing that could really be of any help. But Zack was right. As the leader of Bad Company, it was Chuck’s duty to make sure Bad Company emerged from City of Evil victorious, and now, that meant keeping Biggie’s wife safe as well as saving the company from Nick and the other rejects.

Chris Matthews: “Any ideas Charlie?”

Chuck shakes his head.

Chuck Matthews: “None at all…”

Chris sits up in his seat. Chuck looks at the family, from the panicked look on Ashley’s face, to the look of terror on Jessica’s. From Chris’s thoughtful expression to Zack’s look of determination. He thinks of everything. The past two weeks. He thought of everything he knew, about Nick, about Corey, Jason, KID, Ryan. He thought about the wedding…So much stuff had happened. Chuck remembered talking to the head of security when they arrived at the wedding.

Head of Security: “Don’t worry about a thing, Mr. Matthews. We have the perimeter locked down.”

Chuck nods.

Chuck Matthews: “Good.”

He pauses, then adds.

Chuck Matthews: “To be honest, I don’t think we need to worry about anything. I don’t think anything will happen…but I don’t want to take any chances, alright? Guard this place with your fucking lives.”

Head of Security: “Yes sir.”

Chuck smiles, and slaps the man on the back, before heading for the gate. He sees Ashley waiting for him by the fence.

Ashley Matthews: “Hey dad.”

Chuck hugs Ashley, wrapping his arm around her shoulder.

Chuck Matthews: “How are things?”

Ashley Matthews: “Not too bad.”

Chuck Matthews: “Are you doing alright?”

Ashley Matthews: “Of course. Why wouldn’t I be?”

Chuck Matthews: “Jess tells me you and Nick have it rough right now. And here we are at Biggie’s wedding…that’s not painful for you, is it?”

Ashley Matthews: “I didn’t really think about it like that…”

Chuck Matthews: “You’re alright though?”

Ashley smiles.

Ashley Matthews: “Yeah. I’m fine. I’m not going to let my problems with anyone else ruin Biggie’s big day.”

Chuck hugs his daughter tighter, and they head towards Biggie, who stands, looking a bit bored.

Chuck Matthews: “Listen…you know I feel bad about your wedding day, right?”

Ashley smiles.

Ashley Matthews: “How many times are you going to apologize for that?”

Chuck Matthews: “Until I stop feeling like an asshole for doing it.”

Ashley Matthews: “It’s fine. Really. If I knew then what the future would hold, I never would have gotten married in the first place.”

Chuck smiles, looking at her.

Chuck Matthews: “You look beautiful.”

Ashley smiles, a genuine smile. Chuck was happy to see her smile like that. It seemed that it happened less and less with each passing day.

Ashley Matthews: “Thanks dad. You’re the best.”

She hugs him once more, and goes to congratulate Biggie. Chuck looks at Biggie, and extends his hand, which Biggie shakes.

Chuck Matthews: “Finally tied the knot, Biggie? Game over dude. It’s all downhill from here…”

------------------------------------------------------

It was a beautiful setup. There were tons of people, the members of Bad Company, the Matthews family, and a lot of celebrities and people Chuck recognized from other mediums. There were a few people Chuck knew personally, and it was cool to catch up on old times, see how things were. Then, things went downhill. The Dark Knights attacked, with a small army of waiters to aid them. Chuck looks around, but security is nowhere to be seen. He feels a hand on his shoulder, and turns to see one of the waiters. Chuck catches the man’s fist, and wrenches his arm before grabbing the waiter by the neck and driving his knee into the man’s face. Chuck slowly turns. Corey Casey. He spots Casey throw a flaming…something…off in another direction as a chair hits him in the head.

Chuck Matthews: “Motherfucker.”

Chuck races forward, tackling Corey into the ground. He can hear the air rush from Corey’s lungs as the two begin brawling, throwing punches. This wasn’t a match. The two were fighting, looking to do anything to hurt the other guy. Finally, Chuck feels an arm wrap around his neck, pulling Chuck off of Corey. Chuck delivers one final stomp to Corey’s ankle before being dragged off of Corey. Chuck spots a robed arm wrapped around his neck. Jason and KID were sitting on their horses, riding around. And the odds that Ryan Apollos actually did something right was slim to none…which left one culprit.

Chuck Matthews: “Afternoon, Nick.”

Chuck half-expects some snide remark, but before Nick has the chance to answer, Chuck hears a metallic click, and the horrified scream of Ashley.

Ashley Matthews: “No! Stop, please!”

Chuck looks at her, his eyebrow raised, then feels cold steel pressed against his temple.

‘That can’t be good…’

Nick Ridicule: “Nobody move, or I shoot!”

Ashley Matthews: “Please Nick…don’t do this!”

Ashley was already in tears.

‘Well, at least SOMEONE’s fearing for my life.’

And so it was true. In his mind, Chuck felt like he should be afraid. He felt as though he should feel endangered…but for some strange reason, he wasn’t. Maybe it was because deep down, he didn’t think Nick had it in him to kill him. Perhaps it was because Chuck didn’t care. He often wasn’t one to take things seriously, even his own life. Or perhaps it was because…in the very back of his mind, in the depths of his soul…he felt he deserved it. He had spent most of his life, caring only for himself, and only recently had he tried to change that. Maybe this was a sign, telling him it was too little, too late. Now was his time.

Chuck Matthews: “There there, Ashley. Don’t cry, he won’t shoot me.”

Nick Ridicule: “Quiet, asshole! This isn’t your time to talk.”

Chuck sighed. So this is what it was like, then was it? Chuck had often imagined his death would be a public assassination. Some psychopath blowing his brains out in the middle of a huge crowd. It was funny, when Chuck thought about it. By guessing he would die this way…murdered in cold blood in a crowded place…Chuck had acknowledged himself. He had come to terms with that fact that people didn’t like him, and one day, he would finally piss someone off who would be crazy enough to do something about it.

By trying to change himself, Chuck tried to change that deadly image. He tried to change his thoughts on his own death.

Wait a minute though…Chuck had changed. He knew it. People around him knew it, as he had learned from his brother, Paul. Chuck was changing fast. He truly was becoming a better person…Which meant…this made no sense. This was not Chuck’s time to die.

And perhaps it was that belief. That thought that he had truly changed, that his dreams, his nightmares about how his life would end had changed with it. He would NOT be murdered. He would live happily. He would die in the comfort of his family. Now was not his day. Perhaps…perhaps that was the true reason he was unafraid. Maybe that was why he could keep such a cool demeanor, despite the gun held to his skull. Now was not his time…

Chuck thinks about the wedding. He thinks about Jason and KID, riding around on their horses. About the last couple weeks.

It was as if Chuck had been cracked over the head with a baseball bat. The idea had struck him, seemingly out of nowhere and even now, he could almost hear the gears racing in his head. Already, the plan was piecing itself together, bit by bit, like a puzzle.

Zack Matthews: “Uncle Chuck?”

All eyes stared at Chuck. A smile began playing across her face.

Ashley Matthews: “He’s getting an idea…”

Chuck looks at Chris.

Chuck Matthews: “Chris.”

Chris Matthews: “What’s up?”

Chuck Matthews: “You still remember how to hotwire a car?”

Chris shrugs.

Chris Matthews: “Sure. It’s not that hard.”

Chuck smirks.

Chuck Matthews: “How about a monster truck?”

Chris looks at Chuck, a smile spreading.

Chris Matthews: “What are you thinking?”

Chuck Matthews: “I’m thinking…we need to talk to Biggie.”

------------------------------------------------------

An Hour Later…

Chuck hears a knock at the door. Chuck looks through the peephole, and sees Biggie standing in the hallway. He turns to Ashley, Zack, and Jessica.

Chuck Matthews: “Do me a favor, and go downstairs or something.”

Ashley Matthews: “Why?”

Chuck Matthews: “Because this can only be between the three of us, alright?”

Ashley narrows her eyes, looking at Chuck. Finally, she shakes her head, and walks by, waiting for Chuck to open the door. Chuck pulls $100 from his pocket and hands it to Zack.

Chuck Matthews: “Go play at the arcade or something, I don’t know. Can you stay preoccupied with that?”

Zack smiles hugely.

Zack Matthews: “I’m sure I could come up with something.”

Jessica approaches Chuck.

Jessica Matthews: “Charlie, I’m really not comfortable-”

Chuck Matthews: “Jessica, I really need you to trust me on this, okay? You can do this. It’s for this man’s wife. Please.”

Chuck had pulled her into the bathroom and locked to door, telling her only what her role in the plan would be. She had agreed to it, but had done so reluctantly. Chuck couldn’t help but feel like Jessica was hiding something from him, but he wasn’t going to get into a discussion about it. He couldn’t risk an argument, not with so much at stake.

Jessica nods.

Jessica Matthews: “Right. There’s a life at stake…but it feels so wrong.”

Chuck grabs his sister’s shoulders, and stares her right in the eyes.

Chuck Matthews: “Jessica…Listen to me. If we’re going to go through with this, we need you with us, one hundred percent. If you hesitate, or if you don’t know if you can handle it, then don’t bother. Please, Jessica. I know…I know it’s going to be difficult. I wouldn’t have asked you if I could do it myself. But you’re the only one able to pull it off, okay? You can feel bad about it later. You can spill your heart and soul to him later. All I need you to do, is have one night, where you work with the family, even if it’s for something you don’t want to do. Okay? If not for us, do it for that man standing outside the door, praying for his wife’s safety. Are you willing to do it Jessica?”

Jesssica takes a deep breath, tears welling in her eyes.

Jessica Matthews: “I’ll do it.”

Chuck hugs his sister tight.

Chuck Matthews: “Thank you.”

Chuck hears another knock at the door. He turns around and unlocks it, then opens it. Zack walks out, brushing past Biggie. Ashley hugs Biggie tight, and he pats her on the back. Jessica stares at Biggie, a faint smile on her face. She gently rests her hand on Biggie’s face.

Jessica Matthews: “I’m so sorry. We’re here to help…”

She smiles, and walks out of the room, after Ashley and Zack. Chuck steps aside, letting Biggie in, then closes the door, locking it tight.

Biggie Mac: “You have a plan.”

Chuck nods.

Chuck Matthews: “Chris and I went over it. But this is your wife we’re talking about here. We need you to give us the heads up."

Biggie Mac: “Me?”

Chuck Matthews: “I’ll gamble with my own career, or maybe even the life of someone close to me-”

Chris shakes his head with a chuckle.

Chuck Matthews: “But I will not, under any circumstances, play roulette with a friend’s life…or his wife’s.”

Biggie nods.

Biggie Mac: “Thanks Chuck.”

Chuck Matthews: “Now…I know…you’re thinking of helping Nick. Because he has your wife, and says that’s the only way he’ll release her.”

Biggie Mac: “If that’s what I need to do to get her back-”

Chuck Matthews: “It’s not.”

Chuck takes a seat at the table, and kicks the chair across from him, sending it sliding. It stops just in front of Biggie, who stares at the Matthews brothers for a moment before sitting down.

Chuck Matthews: “Alright…I’ve seen these things before. Here’s how the chamber is set up.”

Chuck shows Biggie a paper, where Chris has drawn a sketch of the Live or Die Chamber. The cement mixer is shown next to it. Biggie runs his eyes over it for a moment.

Biggie Mac: “Alright.”

Chuck Matthews: “Now…should anyone attack Nick, or should we win the match, the cement starts to fill the chamber.”

Biggie Mac: “I know all this.”

Chuck Matthews: “Alright, alright. Chris, show him the next piece.”

Chris hands Biggie the next paper which details the plan.

Biggie Mac: “A monster truck?”

Chuck Matthews: “We aren’t stupid. We know Nick is going to have the rest of the Dark Knights guarding that chamber. So that eliminates the possibility of sending security to free her. So…we have this.”

Biggie Mac: “Explain.”

Chris Matthews: “When they set up the chamber, you guys fight the match as planned. In the meantime, I’ll be stealing one of their monster trucks, which I’ll then drive into the arena, and smash straight through the mixer. No mixer, no cement. No cement-”

Biggie Mac: “Anna won’t be in danger…”

Chuck smirks.

Biggie Mac: “This seems too simple to be a Matthews plan…”

Chuck Matthews: “We had a day, alright? Cut us some fucking slack.”

Chris Matthews: “And in our defense…sometimes the simplest plans prove to be the most effective.”

Biggie Mac: “Alright…what if you can’t find the monster truck?”

Chris Matthews: “You forget that our sister is dating the man who owns it. We’re taking her to the show. If for some reason, we can’t find it, Jessica will be able to get the information out of Corey.”

Biggie Mac: “And she’s agreed to this?”

Chuck Matthews: “Already taken care of.”

Biggie stares at the two for a moment.

Biggie Mac: “What if they didn’t take the trucks?”

Chuck Matthews: “Oh, any sizeable vehicle will do. But what better way than to steal their own prized possessions and cause somoe mayhem with it, right?”

Biggie doesn’t laugh.

Biggie Mac: “Alright…well…what if…”

Chuck looks at Chris, and the two smirk.

Biggie Mac: “What if they don’t set up the chamber at ringside?”

Chuck scratches his chin.

Chris Matthews: “Matthews Enterprises.”

Chuck smiles.

Chuck Matthews: “Exactly! If he has her somewhere else, think about it Biggie. One of two things will happen. Either A. He’ll have it attached to a live feed, to make sure you can watch her die should you attack. Or B. he’ll TELL you she’s being buried, but won’t provide any physical evidence of it.”

Biggie Mac: “And if it’s B., he’s bluffing.”

Chuck smiles.

Chuck Matthews: “Precisely.”

Biggie Mac: “That still doesn’t solve the problem in the event that it’s A.”

Chris Matthews: “In order for Nick to show a live feed, he’ll need it to pass through all sorts of connections and wires to get it on screen.”

Biggie Mac: “And?”

Chuck Matthews: “And anything on TV goes through Matthews Entertainment Network.”

Biggie Mac: “You guys can trace where the feed is coming from?”

Chuck smiles.

Chuck Matthews: “It’s not hard to do.”

Biggie Mac: “What if you can’t get to her in time?”

Chuck pulls a tiny earbud out of his pocket.

Chuck Matthews: “That’s a tiny little wireless speaker. With it, I can communicate with anyone I need to. I’m going to let you in on a little secret, Biggie.”

Biggie Mac: “Yeah?”

Chuck Matthews: “I’m in charge of a force of security…call them my personal enforcers-”

Biggie Mac: “I know. I’ve seen them.”

Chuck smirks.

Chuck Matthews: “You haven’t. These are the guys I used to help resuce Jessica. You thought ME Security makes NLWF Security look like shit? These guys do the same to ME Security. I mean, these guys know their shit. Years of military training. Armed with the best weapons money can buy, you name it.”

Biggie Mac: “You had a personal army this whole time, and NOW is when you decide to use it?”

Chuck Matthews: “I’m trying to keep order, not start a fucking war!”

Biggie Mac: “So what’s the point?”

Chuck Matthews: “My point is, once we find the feed, we’ll have Chris and the men move in. Rest assured, they will rescue her. And when they do…”

Chuck holds the tiny radio in his fingers.

Chuck Matthews: “We’ll know.”

Biggie flips through the papers what describe the plan. He reads and rereads some pages, sometimes staring blankly at them, sometimes looking deep in thought.

Chuck Matthews: “All we need is the Biggie Mac stamp of approval.”

Biggie Mac: “Can I add something to this?”

Chuck Matthews: “Of course. You have complete jurisdiction over this match.”

Biggie Mac: “I’d like to incorporate someone else into this…an extra asset…”

Chuck Matthews: “I’m listening…”

Biggie leans over the table, and the three men huddle up, discussing the final pieces to the plan…

Chuck Matthews
Chuck Matthews
Proving Ground
Proving Ground

Male
Birthday : 1991-05-17
Zodiac : Taurus
Chinese Zodiac : Goat
Location Location : Chicago, Illinois
Number of posts : 710

Back to top Go down