NLWF Presents:
The Federation that promises to blow your mind as we lead the golden age of Pro Wrestling into the future! The No Limit Wrestling Federation is like no other, where you will be given limitless opportunities to excel fast as you compete in the Land of No Limits, fighting in the best Blood Sport on Earth!

NLWF accepts anyone brave enough to take the Walk of Fame, the first steps on the path to Immortality, but warns: Enter at Your Own Risk!

No restrictions, no boundaries, no limits, just the sport the way it should be!

Welcome and allow me to introduce you to four letters that will change your life, NLWF!

“IMMORTAL IS THE NLWF STANDARD OF QUALITY”

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NLWF Presents:
The Federation that promises to blow your mind as we lead the golden age of Pro Wrestling into the future! The No Limit Wrestling Federation is like no other, where you will be given limitless opportunities to excel fast as you compete in the Land of No Limits, fighting in the best Blood Sport on Earth!

NLWF accepts anyone brave enough to take the Walk of Fame, the first steps on the path to Immortality, but warns: Enter at Your Own Risk!

No restrictions, no boundaries, no limits, just the sport the way it should be!

Welcome and allow me to introduce you to four letters that will change your life, NLWF!

“IMMORTAL IS THE NLWF STANDARD OF QUALITY”
NLWF Presents:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winning A Heart--The Date

Go down

Winning A Heart--The Date Empty Winning A Heart--The Date

Post by Guest August 29th 2010, 6:42 pm

Chicago, Illinois
Wednesday
August 18th

(Corey adjusts his tie for what seems to be the 100th time in the last hour. He knew it was straight, but having something to fidget with made him feel more at ease. Corey had immediately gone from the radio interview to the nearest Gucci store and bought himself a new black suit and a dark blue tie. He had then gone out and gotten his hair cut in an attempt to try and make himself look perfect. A slight smile appears on Corey’s face…he hadn’t felt this nervous since…

Corey shakes his head, banishing the thought of Dr. Krysten Duarte from his mind. He checks his watch again, 7 o’clock exactly. Corey takes a deep breath and slowly climbs out of a long black limo which is parked in front of a massive apartment building. Corey slowly walks up the steps of the apartment complex, feeling his stomach tighten and contract in nervous spasms. Corey takes out his phone and checks Jessica’s directions that she had texted him earlier that day)

26th Broadway St. Look for the name “Chris Matthewson” on the buzzer. See you at seven

(Corey approaches the large metal buzzer and checks the registry. A smile spreads across his face as he sees Chris’ name. He presses the button, which emits a loud buzzing sound. After a moment, Jessica’s voice sounds out from the speaker on the buzzer)

Jessica Matthews
Yes?

(Corey clears his throat nervously)

Corey Casey
Hey Jessica…it’s Corey

(There is a brief pause…which is still enough time for Corey to think of about a million different responses that Jessica could give that would kill the date dead in the water)

Jessica Matthews
Corey who?

(Corey feels the fire where his heart used to be begin to cool a little bit. Either she had truly forgotten about their date…or she was just trying to see if she could make Corey squirm…)

Corey Casey
It’s Corey Casey…are you ready? Because our reservations are for 7:30 at Alinea…

Jessica Matthews
I will be down in a minute

(Corey let’s out a sigh of relief…then he begins to think to himself)

Wait a minute…I’m Corey fucking Casey! I am one of the top superstars in NLWF history! I am the Most Hated Man in Professional Wrestling today! Why the hell should I be nervous about a date, regardless of who the woman is! I’ve fought in main events and won major titles against the top competition in the wrestling industry today. I…

Jessica Matthews
Aren’t you going to tell me how good I look?

(Corey snaps back into the moment and turns his gaze toward the main door of the apartment complex…and everything he had just used to build up his confidence shatters into a million pieces and blows away with the warm Chicago summer air…)

Winning A Heart--The Date Rach

(Corey feels his tongue knot up and he struggles to find the words to describe how amazingly beautiful she is. Jessica laughs as watches Corey just stare at her with a dumbfounded look on his face)

Jessica Matthews
I’m assuming that idiotic stare you have on your face means I look beautiful?

(Corey finally manages to snap out of the temporary trance Jessica’s beauty had cast upon him)

Corey Casey
I’d say “beautiful” was an extreme understatement…

(Jessica smirks at Corey while she plays with a strand of stray hair)

Jessica Matthews
I figured since you have a thing for blondes and pregnant chicks…and I’m not pregnant…

(Corey rolls his eyes)

Corey Casey
Thanks…

(Corey motions towards the limo)

Corey Casey
Shall we?

(Jessica nods her head and walks over to the limo where the driver has already gotten out and opened the back passenger’s side door. As Jessica steps into the limo she smiles at the driver)

Jessica Matthews
Thank you

(The driver returns her smile. Corey then walks over to the limo and looks at the driver)

Corey Casey
We have 7:30 reservations at Alinea that you would hate for me to miss…

Driver
Yes Mr. Casey

(Corey climbs into the backseat and the driver closes the door behind him. Corey sees that Jessica has, rather than sit next to him, taken a seat on the far left side of the limo. Corey motions towards the mini bar, trying to give her his most charming smile)

Corey Casey
Would you care for a glass of champagne?

(Jessica eyes Corey suspiciously)

Jessica Matthews
Trying to get me drunk before dinner so you can blow off your fancy reservations and take me to McDonalds? Or are you just trying to get me drunk so you can take advantage of me?

(A slight smile creeps across Corey’s face as he chuckles to himself)

Corey Casey
Wow…I offer you a glass of champagne and your mind instantly jumps to me being either a rapist or a cheap bastard

Jessica Matthews
Well considering that the first time you ever actually held a conversation with me came about under the pretext that you wanted to buy me a drink in a feeble attempt to apologize for conspiring to kill me…

(Corey leans back in his seat, shaking his head. A bemused smile is etched into his features as he looks at Jessica, who is staring at him with a look of anger on her face)

Corey Casey
Still convinced that I was out to kill you eh?

Jessica Matthews
Yup…and I’m not convinced that you aren’t trying to finish the job tonight

Corey Casey
Then why did you bother even coming out with me tonight if you aren’t convinced of my noble intentions?

(Jessica looks as if she is about to respond, but instead falls silent. Corey gets comfortable in the leather limo seat, his bemused smile growing wider)

Corey Casey
I’d say this date is off to a fantastic start

(In his head, Corey is constantly reliving the Live or Die Devastation match from Trial by Combat. Steven Angel had been the one that had tried to kill Jessica…he had nothing to do with it. Granted, Steven thought he was doing Corey a favor by making sure the chamber filled…the bemused smile fades slowly off of Corey’s face as he looks at Jessica. From somewhere deep inside him, a small voice whispers to Corey)

Apologize…

(Corey sighs heavily)

Corey Casey
Look. Steven Angel tried to kill you during that match, not me. But he thought he was doing me a favor…so I guess…in a way…I did play a round about role in your attempted murder at Trial by Combat. And for that…I’m sorry…

(As soon as the words leave Corey’s lips, a surprised look quickly flashes across both Corey and Jessica’s face. Neither one of them had expected Corey to actually admit that he might have been the one in the wrong and take responsibility for something he originally claimed he had nothing to do with. An awkward silence fills the inside of the limo as it races through the streets of Chicago. Jessica suddenly lashes out but Corey can see that her anger is only masking something more…it’s her eyes that give it away…)

Jessica Matthews
Well, you…whatever…

(Corey let’s Jessica think she’s won and he turns his attention out the window. The limo soon slows to a stop in front of an elegant restaurant. The limo driver gets out and walks around and opens the back door. Corey climbs out of the limo first and immediately offers his hand in an attempt to help Jessica out. She brushes past Corey’s extended hand)

Jessica Matthews
I can handle myself thank you very much

(Corey shrugs his shoulders and quickly tips the limo driver before following Jessica inside the restaurant. Once inside, Corey catches up to Jessica and the two walk through the lobby and up to the hostess who is standing behind a short wooden podium)

Corey Casey
Reservation is under the name “Corey Casey”

(The hostess starts scanning the list of names in front of her, searching for Corey’s reservation)

Jessica Matthews
It could also be under “raging alcoholic”

(Corey looks at Jessica, an annoyed look on his face. She gives Corey a self-satisfied smirk. After a moment, the hostess finally finds the reservation)

Hostess
Ah, here we are. Corey Casey, 7:30 reservations for two. Please, follow me

(The hostess turns and begins walking through the dining room. Corey begins to feel frustrated and annoyed with Jessica’s constant smartass remarks. How was he supposed to show her that he was a good guy if she wasn’t even going to put forth the least bit of effort? Corey mockingly bows, motioning towards the hostess)

Corey Casey
After you, oh high and mighty Queen Jessica Matthews

(Jessica laughs and begins following the hostess)

Jessica Matthews
About time you noticed

(Corey turns and trails after Jessica. As the two follow the hostess’ lead, Corey looks around the crowded dining room and a smile creeps on to his face. Every male in the dining room’s gaze was locked on Jessica as she walked elegantly across the room. He takes a deep breath and sighs heavily, trying to banish all the hostility he felt toward Jessica. If worse came to worse, at least he could say that he went out with a girl so hot that she could cause arguments between happy couples just by walking across a room.

The hostess soon arrives at the table, followed closely by Corey and Jessica. Corey walks around the table and tries to reach for Jessica’s chair, but Jessica quickly grabs the chair and sits down in it before Corey can pull it out for her)

Jessica Matthews
I told you…I can take care of myself

(Corey rolls his eyes and takes his seat. The hostess looks at both Corey and Jessica with a confused look on her face)

Hostess
Um…Carrie will be your waitress this evening. She will be over shortly to get your orders. Enjoy your meal

(The hostess quickly turns and walks away. Corey suddenly looks at Jessica, the frustration evident in his gaze)

Corey Casey
Look, I’m not here to kill you. I’m not here to try and do something bad to you. I am honestly here because I think you are pretty and would like a chance to show you that I am not some soulless murdering psycho like you think I am. All I am asking for from you is that you at least try and put forth the smallest bit of effort and restrain your bitterness and hatred towards me for one evening. Please

(Jessica’s gaze narrows as she seemingly tries to search Corey’s features for any hint of a lie. After staring at him for what seems like a full five minutes, Jessica finally sighs and her gaze softens)

Jessica Matthews
Fine

(Corey looks to his left and sees the waitress walking over to the table)

Waitress
Hi. My name is Carrie and I will be your waitress this evening. Can I start you folks off with something to drink?

(While Carrie places a basket of bread on the table, Corey quickly grabs the menu and flips to the wine section)

Corey Casey
I will have a bottle of the Roma merlot, with two glasses please

Carrie
Ok, I will be right back with your wine

(Carrie turns and walks away. Corey turns his attention back to Jessica, who is buttering a piece of bread)

Corey Casey
So, how was your day?

Jessica Matthews
Not bad. Your call this morning was an…interesting way to ask me out

(Corey chuckles, feeling himself begin to relax)

Corey Casey
Like I said, I didn’t have your number so I had to think something up in order to ask you out

(A small smile spreads across Jessica’s face. Corey notices the smile and feels himself begin to feel more comfortable as he realizes that Jessica’s smile is an actual, legitimate smile. Not a smirk, not an evil grin. An actual, nice smile)

Jessica Matthews
I have to say, that was definitely the first time I have been asked out in front of a massive amount of people

(Carrie suddenly arrives back at the table carrying a large wine bottle and two crystal glasses. She then uncorks the bottle and pours both Corey and Jessica some wine. Jessica reaches out and takes the glass of wine and, after hesitating for a moment, she takes a small sip. Corey sees Jessica hesitate and, in order to make her feel better, takes a large sip of the wine)

Carrie
Are you ready to order yet?

Corey Casey
I haven’t even looked at the menu yet, what about you Jessica?

Jessica Matthews
You can call me Jess, Corey. And no, I haven’t even looked at the menu yet either

(Corey turns and looks at Carrie)

Corey Casey
Would you mind giving us a few moments?

(Carrie nods her head and wanders off. Corey reaches out and grabs the menu. After looking through the seemingly endless meal choices, Corey closes the menu and sets it down on the table)

Corey Casey
I never know what to order in these fancy places

(Jess looks over the top of her menu, curiosity dancing in her eyes)

Jessica Matthews
Then what do you get when you eat at a place like this?

(Corey shrugs his shoulders)

Corey Casey
Steak and potatoes usually. I am from South Boston, Massachusetts after all

(Jessica closes her menu and sets it down on the table)

Jessica Matthews
How come you don’t live there anymore?

(Corey takes a sip of his wine, mulling the question over in the back of his mind. He knew the real answer he didn’t live in South Boston was because he had been banned by the state of Massachusetts from taking up residence in there again. Not to mention that every single man, woman and child had signed a petition that barred him from visiting his old neighborhood)

Corey Casey
During my time with Salvation…

(At the mention of Salvation, every muscle in Jessica’s body twitches and panic flashes across her face so fast that, had Corey not been expecting such a reaction, he would have missed it)

Corey Casey
During my time with Salvation I…pursued and apprehended…targets of interest for questioning in Boston and the surrounding area for Brenton Cyrus.

Jessica Matthews
You hunted, kidnapped and tortured people for Salvation is what you meant to say

(Jessica’s face drains of color and the mischievous light that had once danced in Jessica’s eyes immediately goes out, leaving her eyes seemingly empty and dead. Even the tone in which she spoke was devoid of any emotion. Corey feels panic beginning to slowly wrap it’s fingers around the fire where his heart had once been. He couldn’t let her know that he was once “The Lord.” He couldn’t let her know that he was once a soulless monster that took a fanatical pleasure in torturing and killing people. He couldn’t let her know that he was once a monster that had been hand crafted by Brenton Cyrus to be the perfect tool of destruction that would enforce Salvation’s will…)

Corey Casey
I just tracked people is all. Finding people has always been kind of fun for me. It’s like a more complicated game of hide and seek. Brenton would give me a name and where the person was last spotted and I would then go to where the target was last seen and try and pick up his or her trail. Once I found them, I would call a number and Brenton would send a snatch team to wherever I told them to go

(Jessica falls silent, her eyes once again narrowing into slits as she tries to penetrate Corey’s outer visage and see into his very soul. Corey feels his defenses start to crack…he could lie to himself, lie to the world…but for some reason, he felt physically sick trying to lie to Jessica. Just when he is about to break, Carrie re-appears to take Corey and Jessica’s orders, making Corey feel like he could cry tears of joy. Corey and Jessica both place their orders, steak and potatoes for Corey and chicken parmesan for Jessica. As soon as Carrie runs off to the kitchen, Corey immediately asks Jessica a question in an attempt to re-direct the conversation)

Corey Casey
So, what was it like growing up with Chuck?

(Jessica slowly takes a sip of her wine, seemingly analyzing Corey with her gaze. As if she was trying to decide if Corey was to be trusted with her answer)

Jessica Matthews
It was…an experience

(Corey chuckles)

Corey Casey
To say the least I’m sure. Was he as big a fan of himself then as he is now?

Jessica Matthews
You wouldn’t believe me if I told you

(A quizzical look slowly creeps across Corey’s face)

Corey Casey
I’m sure I’ve heard stranger things

Jessica Matthews
Well…to answer your question…no, when we were kids…Charlie was a little sweetheart. A little shy…but a charmer

(Corey nearly chokes on his wine. The thought of Chuck Matthews being ‘shy’ just didn’t seem right. Corey composes himself, and smiles at Jessica)

Corey Casey

And what about you? What were you like?

(Corey smiles in an attempt to lighten the mood but it was too late. Jessica’s gaze has clouded and she has a far away look on her face…as if she was reliving some horrible memory of her past…)

Corey Casey
Jess…are you ok?

(Jessica snaps back into the moment. She quickly drains her glass of wine and jumps to her feet)

Jessica Matthews
I’m fine. I just…I need to go freshen up. Excuse me

(Jessica quickly walks away from the table, dabbing her eyes. Corey watches as she disappears, heading in the direction of the bathroom. A confused look appears on Corey’s face as he slowly sips his wine. He tries to remember everything he had said, the tone he had said it in, the look on his face when he had said it. Clearly he had said or done something to cause Jessica to run off from the table in such a hurry.

Then again, he should be one to talk. He had bold faced lied to Jessica about the darkness that lingered in his past. He hadn’t told her about “The Lord,” the months spent in the asylum, the love affair with Krysten, the suicide attempt, the countless murders, torture sessions and wickedness that he had blindly allowed to control his life for almost the entire first year of his career.

Corey finishes the rest of his glass of wine and pours himself another. He feels the familiar warmness that usually accompanies good alcohol do it’s best to warm his fractured and shattered spirit…but to no avail. Corey feels himself losing hope as he begins to think about just giving up on the entire date.

Jessica re-appears and walks over to the table. Corey can tell that she is trying her best to stay positive as she sits back down at the table)

Corey Casey
Jess look…I’m…

Jessica Matthews
Don’t apologize. I just spaced out because I…I have some things I never exactly got over…

(Corey begins to apologize but before he can mutter a single syllable Jess cuts him off again)

Jessica Matthews
Before you ask, I don’t feel comfortable talking to you about my past just yet. I don’t just open up to people right off the bat. You have to understand, up until I met you what two or three weeks ago, the only other time I had even seen you was when I was trapped in a cement coffin.

Corey Casey
I’ve been meaning to ask you…why did you agree to be in the cell in the first place? Did you even know what Brenton had planned? Had Brenton already brain washed you or drugged you or did he just manipulate you?

(Jessica sighs heavily and a sad look appears on her face. Just as she is about to answer Corey’s questions, Carrie appears with their meals. This time, Corey turns and gives Carrie an annoyed glance)

Carrie
Here you go guys! Is there anything else I can get you?

(Corey shakes his head no. Carrie turns and walks off, a hurt look on her face. Corey didn’t even bother watching Carrie go, normally he would have at least taken some sort of pleasure in Carrie’s pain…but his mind and attention was focused solely on the enigma that was Jessica Matthews)

The Match

The Future…it’s a scary thing. One never knows what the future holds. You could be the President of the US one day and then you wake up the next day to find yourself living in a cardboard box on the streets of New York! They say you can never really and truly predict what your own future holds. But see, I think that is complete shit. Because I am pretty sure that I can not only predict my own future, but the end result of my match with Aaron O’Shea this week. I think I might even have a picture…

Winning A Heart--The Date AOSwoj

-Take a good look-

This photo was taken seconds before AOS taps out and I force our triple champion to tap away all three of his championships…directly to me. Aaron, it seems like you and I have only been in the ring with each other once before. But oh what a match it was…

-War Games 2-

Shadow Demon [vs.] Corey Casey [vs.] Aaron O’Shea [vs.] Jason Hawk…for my Undisputed Title. Even though it came down to just me vs. Shadow I still consider this match to be the best match of my entire career. The level of violence got taken to the next level. Jason Hawk jumped off the top of the War Games set and put you through a table if I remember correctly…

-But I’m getting off topic-

Who was it that eliminated you from that match? Who was the one that hit the Purifier and eliminated you from contending for my title? Who was the one that crushed the hopes and dreams of Aaron O’Shea at War Games 2?

-Hint: Jason Hawk had been eliminated by this point and Shadow Demon had just taken a vicious Anti-Christ Impact-

That's right ladies and gentlemen...it was me. Corey Casey was the one that destroyed the pathetic hopes of relevancy that Aaron O'Shea was dreaming of. It was Corey Casey who made sure that Aaron O'Shea disappeared from NLWF for seemingly the 100th time in his pathetic excuse for a career. It was Corey Casey who dashed AOS' dreams on the rocks...

-A feat that I aim to duplicate this week-

Aaron…before pulling off a fluke win against Nick Ridicule last week…when was the last time you DIDN’T choke in a big match? When was the last time that you actually did something that was relevant and successful? AOS…I am going to do something I should have done a long time ago

-I am going to take out the trash-

You’ve mooched off your past glories for far too long. Now is the time to put up or shut up. And, quite frankly…I don’t think you’ve got the stones for this business anymore AOS…

Back to top Go down