NLWF Presents:
The Federation that promises to blow your mind as we lead the golden age of Pro Wrestling into the future! The No Limit Wrestling Federation is like no other, where you will be given limitless opportunities to excel fast as you compete in the Land of No Limits, fighting in the best Blood Sport on Earth!

NLWF accepts anyone brave enough to take the Walk of Fame, the first steps on the path to Immortality, but warns: Enter at Your Own Risk!

No restrictions, no boundaries, no limits, just the sport the way it should be!

Welcome and allow me to introduce you to four letters that will change your life, NLWF!

“IMMORTAL IS THE NLWF STANDARD OF QUALITY”

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NLWF Presents:
The Federation that promises to blow your mind as we lead the golden age of Pro Wrestling into the future! The No Limit Wrestling Federation is like no other, where you will be given limitless opportunities to excel fast as you compete in the Land of No Limits, fighting in the best Blood Sport on Earth!

NLWF accepts anyone brave enough to take the Walk of Fame, the first steps on the path to Immortality, but warns: Enter at Your Own Risk!

No restrictions, no boundaries, no limits, just the sport the way it should be!

Welcome and allow me to introduce you to four letters that will change your life, NLWF!

“IMMORTAL IS THE NLWF STANDARD OF QUALITY”
NLWF Presents:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revolution XL: Bad Company: 11/9/10

Go down

Revolution XL: Bad Company: 11/9/10 Empty Revolution XL: Bad Company: 11/9/10

Post by Chuck Matthews November 13th 2010, 6:28 pm

The screen is completely black except for the NLWF logo, alone on the screen. It’s silent for a moment, before a crack starts at the bottom of the N. It spider-webs across the logo, cracking and chipping until finally, the entire logo is covered. A shattering is heard as the logo explodes, the pieces falling off, revealing the same logo beneath it, glossier and spotless. The logo fades out, to be replaced by new words.

“Welcome to the New Federation.”

The words fade into a shot of Chuck Matthews standing in the ring with a microphone. The lights are off, with a sole spotlight shining on him.

Chuck Matthews
Ladies and gentlemen…welcome to…

He looks up, staring around at the audience in the darkness. He smirks.

Chuck Matthews
The perfect world.

The lights turn on, showing fans all around screaming. The stage lights up, showing the NLWF logo on the big screen, replaying the video from the beginning.

Chuck Matthews
For months, Bad Company has worked to eliminate the worst parts of this company, and now we’ve done it. No more mind games. No more egos. No more sneak attacks. NLWF, the way it should be.

“NLWF!” “NLWF!” “NLWF!” “NLWF!” “NLWF!”

Chuck Matthews
At City of Evil…

The screen shows an image of Brandon Macdonald and Death-Angel attacking Bad Company members, locking them in the God’s Playground chambers, and nailing Brenton Cyrus and Chuck Matthews to a cross. Chuck rubs his wrists, which are hidden beneath his usual wrist guards.

Christian - At City of Evil, Nick Ridicule’s plan came to fruition when he revealed that he was working with Brandon Macdonald and Death-Angel the whole time.

Meadows - Nick Ridicule pulled the ultimate hit and run, and now he’s sitting in Canada, expecting NLWF to die.

Christian - I wonder how he feels now, knowing he was totally WRONG? NLWF is still alive and well!

Chuck Matthews
If that’s what they felt they needed to do…so be it. We are NLWF. We are the greatest company in the world. So long as I’m around, I promise, NLWF will be around for many years to come.

The crowd cheers wildly.

Chuck Matthews
This is our world. This is our perfect company. All of you, everyone right here in Los Angeles, and all the people watching us on TV tonight, have remained loyal. You’re watching the historic…the prestigious…the best. NLWF started out as one of the best. It quickly took its spot as the best…it’s remained the best…and it will continue to BE the best.

Chuck stops, as the cheering has grown too loud, that it drowns out his voice.

Chuck Matthews
However, there is one problem, and one problem only. And that problem is-

I don’t remember
Did something in my past create a hole?
Don’t use your gender
To drive a stake right through my soul.

“Shallow” by Porcupine Tree plays through the arena. Chris Matthews walks out onto the stage, and the music cuts off.

Chris Matthews
The problem, Charlie, is that most of your security tonight never showed up.

Christian - I noticed the same thing. Usually the arena is crawling with Matthews Enterprise security, but tonight, all I’ve seen are some guys doing crowd control. What gives?

Chuck Matthews
You’re right, Chris. For anyone who hasn’t noticed, security numbers are extremely low tonight.

Chris Matthews
And this doesn’t concern you at all? You aren’t wondering why they aren’t here?

Chuck Matthews
They aren’t here because they’ve been reassigned. They’re guarding the Expo.

Meadows - The MExpo, the showcase of the best that ME has to offer! Everything is being set up for next month, and it looks like Chuck is taking no chances.

Chris Matthews
So we really don’t have any security tonight?

Chuck smiles.

Chuck Matthews
Like I said, welcome to the new world! For a long time, you’ve seen Matthews Enterprise security run rampant on the shows, doing my bidding, attacking people.

He smirks.

Chuck Matthews
Who is there to attack? The thing is, we don’t have any reason to keep security around, so I’ve sent them back to doing what I pay them for. Tending to matters pertaining to Matthews Enterprises. And for now, as I mentioned, that means guarding the site for the Expo.

Chris shakes his head.

Chuck Matthews
You just need to relax, Chris. All of you have stuck around and watched as Bad Company took over, and turned NLWF into a good company. Now, you can sit back, relax, grab some popcorn, a soda…and enjoy what you all have helped us to create. The perfect company. The perfect world!

Chuck raises his arms as confetti and balloons fall from the ceiling into the crowd. Fireworks go off from the four corners, then shoot up the ramp. Chris jumps back as fireworks explode on stage, nearly catching him in the blast. On the screen, the screen flashes bright colors, as do the marquees around the arena.

“Welcome to NLWF”

Chuck looks around at the cheering crowd and the balloons. He smirks.

Chuck Matthews
Enjoy the show.

Revolution XL: Bad Company: 11/9/10 ProjectRevo

Live from the Showtime Arena in Los Angeles, California

Fireworks erupt on the stage once more, shooting up and down the ramp and stage. The fans scream and cheer wildly, popping the balloons and swatting them around the arena. The camera pans the crowd, taking in some of the signs.

“NLWF!” “I came here to be ELECTRIFIED!” “Welcome to HOLLYWOOD!….IMPACT!” “FTW = Fails in Two Weeks” “Chris Matthews for President” “Chuck Matthews: Even Rod Blagojevich thinks You’re corrupt!” “One Tequila, Two Tequila, Three Tequila, SLAMMER!” "I'm Chad Mason, and I'M...Awkward..." “IT’S ELECTRIC!”

Christian - WE DID IT! Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to NLWF Revolution, LIVE on the Matthews Entertainment Network! I’m everyone’s favorite wrestling critic turned wrestler, turned NEW NLWF Commentator, Rick Christian, and I’m here with my lovely new partner, Miss Colleen Meadows.

Meadows - I’ve been waiting all week to finally sit behind this desk, and now we’re here! REVOLUTION XTRA LARGE!

Christian - That’s XL…as in, Revolution 40...you know what, never mind.

Meadows - Last week we were in Sin City, this week, the City of Angels, here in LA.

Christian - And you’ve already met some of the hot young actors coming to Hollywood, haven’t you?

Meadows - We’ll say they’ve gotten a…proper initiation.

Christian - Not to be confused with your NLWF initiation with Chuck’s dick, right?

Meadows - SHHHHHH.

Christian - Regardless of my broadcast partner’s questionable sex habits…we have a show to run! We have the perfect company, united as one, and we’re ready to get this show on the road!

The camera cuts to Chuck standing with Rawrlurb.

Chuck Matthews
You’re all set then?

Rawrlurb
Yeah. Just finished the paperwork this morning.

Chuck Matthews
It’s nice to see you back in NLWF.

Rawrlurb
Oh please. Last time I was here, you were so focused on yourself, you wouldn’t have noticed me there in a million years.

Chuck Matthews
Not true! I could never miss someone like you.

Rawrlurb
Look me in the eyes when you say that.

Chuck looks up.

Chuck Matthews
What?

Rawrlurb rolls her eyes.

Rawrlurb
I bet you don’t even know who I was fighting at the time.

Chuck Matthews
Of course I do! It was…uh…

Rawrlurb
Derek Wallace.

Chuck Matthews
You didn’t give me enough time to answer!

Rawrlurb frowns.

Chuck Matthews
Hey. That’s in the past. I know who you’re fighting tonight. And speaking of which, that’s the first match of the night, so you should be getting out there.

Rawrlurb
Right…

She turns to walk away, but Chuck catches her arm.

Chuck Matthews
Aub…I was thinking tonight, we show everyone…we show them us.

Rawrlurb smiles, and kisses him, then walks away. The camera cuts to the announce table, where music is heard in the background. Colleen stares at the screen, shocked, while Rick has a big smile on his face.

Meadows - Chuck Matthews is fucking RAWRLURB?!

Christian - SAW IT COMING! About time they stopped trying to hide it!

Meadows - Why was I never informed?

Christian - Probably because you were too busy sleeping with every other guy you met…

Meadows - Yeah? Well….yeah, you’re probably right…BUT STILL! Why didn't I see this coming?

Christian - Because it's hard to see with spunk in your eye?

Meadows - Very true.

Christian - In any case…up first is the NLWF Battle Royal.

Meadows - Chris Matthews was quick to answer to the talent missing from NLWF following City of Evil, and so he started this ‘NLWF Initiative,’ hiring a whole new set of competitors to replace the guys that left.

Christian - Out with the old, in with the New Federation!

The camera circles to show the ring, where James White steps between the ropes and stares at Caleb Hart, Jake Hawk, Randy Fields, Kendrick Dylan, and MC Steel wait for him.

“Kickstart My Heart” starts playing through the speakers, and the crowd erupts into cheers. The Infamous TODD rolls onto the stage on his skateboard as crew members quickly set up a ramp in front of the ring. TODD points at it, does a kickflip, and rolls down towards the ring, picking up speed. He rolls off the ramp and kicks off his board, doing a full backflip over the top rope, and landing on his feet in the ring.

Rachel O’Reilly - Introducing the next competitor of the Battle Royal…hailing from St. Louis, Missouri…he stands at four feet, six inches, and weighs 110 pounds…THE INFAMOUS TODD!

The crowd cheers wildly as TODD takes the microphone from O’Reilly.

The Infamous TODD
Aw, SHIT!

“AW, SHIT!”

Christian - Aw, SHIT!

Meadows - Aw, SHIT!

Rachel O’Reilly - Aw, SHIT!

Christian - The Infamous TODD, leader of the Shit Pit crew, making his NLWF debut here tonight! AW, SHIT!

'' Through The Struggle" by As I Lay Dying blasts threw the PA systems, as the lights go dark, leaving Rawr's opponents standing in the ring. Just then the lights start to flicker on and off in the arena. The lights then stop flickering, and then her theme comes to a sudden stop. The lights come back on, and Rawrlurb bursts through the curtains, making her way towards the ring.

Rachel O’Reilly - From New Britain, Connecticut, weighing in at 120 pounds and standing at 5 feet 10 inches tall…RAWR-

Rawrlurb snatches the microphone away from Rachel. She bites her lip, and looks to the stage. She takes a deep breath.

Rawrlurb
Au…Aubrey Falcon.

Meadows - Who the fuck is Aubrey Falcon?

Christian - I think that’s her name…

Meadows - Her name is Rawrlurb!

Christian - Did you really think that was her real name?

Meadows - Retarded people have retarded names, Rick!

Christian - You’re still caught up on the whole Rawrlurb and Chuck Matthews thing, aren’t you.

Meadows - Yes…

“Cowboys from Hell” begins to play, and Keith Axel emerges from behind the curtain, his eyes fixed on the ring. He cocks his head to the side and cracks his knuckles, then begins walking towards the ring.

Rachel O’Reilly - From Roswell, New Mexico…weighing 310 pounds and making his NLWF debut…please welcome KEITH AXEL!

Christian - He calls himself Roswell’s Renegade, a former bodyguard and notorious bar-room brawler. This guy’s got the tough guy mentality, and the build to match.

Keith looks around at the other eight members, his eyes shifting around to each one. He runs forward, but the referee catches him before he can attack.

Christian - None of these men allowed to attack until the tenth man enters.

Meadows - He must have forgotten there was a tenth man in this contest.

Christian - That referee has balls though. Would you want to be the one to tell Mr. Axel that he can’t attack anyone until the bell rings?

Meadows - I’m sure I could convince him…

Christian - Actually…I don’t doubt that.

I don’t remember
Don’t use your gender
To drive a stake right through my soul.

Chris Matthews walks out onto the stage and looks around at the crowd. He takes a deep breath and begins walking down the ramp.

I live to function
On my own is all I know
No friends to mention
No distraction, nowhere to go.

Chris walks slowly, looking out to the crowd. People reach out over the barricade, screaming and trying to slap him on the back as he passes. Chris reaches the ring and climbs up onto the apron.

Shallow, shallow
Give it to me, give it to me
Scissors cutting out your anger
Shallow, shallow
No good to me, not if you bleed
Bite your tongue, ignore the splinter

Chris climbs between the ropes, looking at his opponents. He jumps up and down a couple times, warming up before the bell rings.

Rachel O’Reilly - And finally, from Knoxville, Tennessee, weighing tonight at 245 pounds…CHRIS MATTHEWS!

Christian - Chris Matthews, the former United States Marine, calls himself The Definition of Discipline. I’ve seen him compete before, and he’s got a lot of promise.

Meadows - The older brother of the legendary Chuck Matthews, it says here Chris has traveled the world, learning techniques in several different styles. We have ourselves a hell of a competitor with him.

Over-the-Top-Rope Battle Royal
Revolution XL: Bad Company: 11/9/10 Match
James White [vs] Keith Axel [vs] The Infamous TODD [vs] Jake Hawk [vs] MC Steel [vs] RAWRLURB [vs] Kendrick Dylan [vs] Randy Fields [vs] Chris Matthews [vs] Caleb Hart

[Ding Ding Ding]

Keith Axel charges forward, taking Randy Fields down with a clothesline. Jake Hawk and The Infamous TODD immediately begin attacking each other. Chris looks at Kendrick Dylan. The two nod, and begin trading blows with James White and Caleb Hart. Rawrlurb backs into a corner, watching as MC Steel helps Randy Fields, trying to hold Keith Axel off. James White hits Chris with a hard left hook, then turns and winks at Rawrlurb, blowing her a kiss. Rawrlurb steps forward, her eye twitching, but stops, and retreats back to her corner.

Christian - I’m actually very excited for this match. You have ten people, ten unique styles, and ten people who all have potential to be NLWF’s next big thing.

Meadows - With the exception of TODD and Axel, every one of these people has been in NLWF before, but I think the most impressive of these would have to be Rawrlurb.

Christian - The only one in this match with a pair of tits happens to be the only one in this match who has held a title in NLWF.

Meadows - Jake Hawk was Jr. Heavyweight Champion.

Christian - Who?

Keith Axel shoves MC Steel back, sending him tumbling across the ring. Randy Fields throws wild punches, trying to take Axel down. Keith plants his hand on Randy’s face and shoves him back as well. Steel looks at Fields, and the two charge at Axel, fighting him back.

Christian - You see a lot of alliances in matches like these, but in the end, it’s every man for himself.

Rawrlurb remains in the corner, watching the match. James White has Chris backed to the ropes, throwing punches as Chris fends them off with flurries of kicks and shots of his own. He leans on the ropes, delivering quick combinations of shots to James White. Caleb Hart and Kendrick Dylan exchange blows before Caleb throws Kendrick towards Rawrlurb, then goes to help James. Jake Hawk and The Infamous TODD are rolling in the ring, choking each other. They roll beneath the bottom rope, and fall to the floor.

Christian - They didn’t go over the top rope, that means they aren’t eliminated.

Caleb and James lift Chris over the top rope. Chris hangs onto the top rope, as James and Caleb try and wrench his fingers free.

Meadows - Chris is in serious trouble here.

Chris drops to the apron, wrapping his legs around the bottom rope as Caleb and James begin stomping on him. Rawrlurb and Kendrick look at each other for a moment. Kendrick raises his fists, but Rawrlurb shakes her head and points to Chris. Kendrick sees Chris, hanging upside down, his legs wrapped around the ropes as he tries to push himself off the ground with his hands.

Meadows - Aww, little girl doesn’t want to fight?

Christian - Rawr…uh, Miss Falcon had an entertaining rivalry with Derek Wallace when we saw her last. She’s not afraid to get rough with the guys.

Meadows - You know this from experience?

Christian - Who’s asking?

Chris plants his hands on the ground and pushes himself up, grabbing hold of the ropes with his arms as Kendrick runs up from behind.

Christian - Remember the rules here. To be eliminated, you must be thrown over the top rope, and both feet much touch the ground. Neither Jake nor TODD went over the top, and neither of Chris’s feet have touched the ground, which means this is still anyone’s match.

Kendrick grabs James’s shoulders and brings him down onto his knees.

Christian - Finishing Touch on James White!

Meadows - I wouldn’t mind him putting a finishing touch on me…

Christian - Is nobody safe from your advances?

Meadows - You are, fatty.

Kendrick mounts James White and begin unloading punches as Chris gets to his feet on the apron. Caleb throws a punch, but Chris deflects it and grabs Caleb by the neck and smashing Caleb’s head into the corner. Chris lifts Caleb in a suplex and places Caleb on the corner. Chris tucks Caleb’s head under his arm and drives Caleb’s head into the apron. Caleb rolls off the apron to the floor as Chris rolls under the bottom rope into the ring, stretching out his back.

Christian - Caleb Hart, first man eliminated!

Meadows - Keith Axel might be next!

MC Steel and Randy Fields unload punches onto Keith Axel, who holds up his fists in front of his face. He leans heavily on the ropes, trying to mount an offense. He sends a hard kick to MC Steel’s gut, and grabs him by the neck. Fields unloads more punches, but Axel delivers a kick to Fields’s gut, grabbing his neck with his free hand. Axel throws MC Steel over the top rope, but Steel holds on, landing on the apron. Axel throws Fields after him. Randy collides with Steel, who tumbles off the apron to the floor.

Meadows - Very innovative! Keith Axel just used one man to eliminate another!

Randy Fields bounces off MC, turning around. Keith lifts Randy onto his shoulder. He turns and runs, slamming Randy in the middle of the ring.

Christian - HUGE Renegade Slam by Keith Axel!

Meadows - I think he just took Randy OUT!

Jake Hawk rolls into the ring, and runs, bumping into Axel. Keith looks at him.

Christian - Does Keith Axel have what it takes to hit a kid?

Meadows - I hope so! Hawks suck!

Keith Axel lifts Jake Hawk over his head. TODD rolls into the ring and punches Axel to the balls, causing him to drop Jake. Jake falls on top of Randy fields, head butting him to the balls. Rawrlurb stares at them, then turns and kicks James White in the balls as he tries to get Kendrick off.

Christian - SO MANY SHOTS TO THE BALLS!

Meadows - It’s like watching a Gunther match!

Christian - Revolution XL: Bad Company: 11/9/10 316546

Kendrick rolls off James White. He and Chris lift him to his feet, dragging him to the ropes. They wrap his arms in the ropes, and step back. Rawrlurb steps forward and smiles at James White. She kisses his cheek. James White smiles at her, and she slaps him in the face.

Christian - He wanted a kiss, he got one!

Chris and Kendrick each grab one of James’s legs, pulling them in opposite directions. Rawrlurb backs up, then runs forward, dropkicking James White to the balls. She turns to see TODD, and grabs him. She lifts him, and charges, ramming TODD’s head into James’s crotch.

Meadows - What a bitch!

Christian - PEOPLE ARE WEAPONS! DO NOT FUCK WITH THE SEX ICON’S WOMAN!

James White tries to free himself, but can’t get his arms out. Kendrick and Chris untie his arms, and throw him over the top rope. Rawrlurb runs forward, kicking James in the face, and sending him off the apron to the floor.

Meadows - James White and his balls are eliminated!

Chris Matthews high fives Kendrick Dylan, then turn to Rawrlurb. The three stare at each other for a moment, TODD standing between the three of them, unnoticed. Jake walks up behind them and slaps Rawrlurb’s ass. Rawrlurb stands, shocked, and turns around to see Jake, who winks at her. Rawrlurb approaches Jake menacingly, as he retreats to the corner. Randy Fields slowly gets to his feet, and turns around into a huge boot from Keith Axel. Randy stumbles into the ropes, and bounces back. Keith Axel catches him, lifting him onto his shoulder again. He runs forward, crushing Randy spine-first into the corner, then turning around and power slamming him into the mat.

Christian - Another Renegade Slam!

Meadows - Rawrlurb has Jake cornered!

Jake stands in the opposite corner, with Rawrlurb staring at him. Jake looks around desperately, then kicks Rawrlurb between the legs and scrambles underneath her. Rawrlurb is stunned for a moment, but quickly turns around and continues following after Jake.

Meadows - Doesn’t he know? You can’t kick a woman in the balls she doesn’t have!

Christian - You mean that doesn’t hurt at all?

Meadows - It does, but…you know, just watch the match!

Jake runs across the ring, and is cracked across the face with a skateboard. TODD stands over Jake, holding his board, which is cracked from the shot.

Christian - He pulled out that skateboard when they were fighting outside the ring, and now TODD just smacked Jake Hawk in the face with it!

Todd leans the skateboard against the corner and lifts Jake up. He points at Rawrlurb, and throws Jake towards her. She catches Jake, lifting him up, and throwing him into the skateboard, breaking it in half. Rawrlurb drags Jake to the center of the ring as TODD climbs the corner. He jumps off and does a backflip before landing on Jake with a TODDpole Splash.

Meadows - Rawrlurb put Jake Hawk through TODD’s skateboard like a mini-table with wheels!

Christian - Then he was buried in a hundred and ten pounds of TODD! Aw, SHIT!

Rawrlurb stomps on Jake’s leg, and points to TODD again, pointing to the corner. TODD smirks, and climbs the top again. Rawrlurb lifts Jake, and rests him across her knee. TODD backflips off the top rope, hitting Jake with a second TODDpole Splash, this time across Rawrlurb’s knees.

Christian - OUCH!

Jake grabs his back, rolling in pain on the mat while TODD holds his stomach. Keith Axel lifts Randy Fields to his feet, as Chris Matthews and Kendrick Dylan stand in different corners, watching the action. Rawrlurb grabs Jake by the hair, lifting him up, only to take him down again with a leg sweep. She points at TODD again.

Christian - A third one?!

Meadows - Big things come in small packages, Ricky!

Christian - You don’t get to say that very often, do you?

TODD climbs the corner as Rawrlurb holds Jake to the mat. TODD points to the crowd. Without warning, Rawrlurb springs to her feet, running at the corner, and shoving TODD off, sending him flying to the outside.

Christian - Heads up!

TODD soars through the air, landing on the announcer’s table, and doesn’t move. Rawrlurb shakes her head, and turns around, lifting Jake to his feet. She drags him to the ropes. Jake slaps Rawrlurb in the face. Rawrlurb driver her knee into Jake’s face, and tries lifting him over the top ropes.

Meadows - Not such a big fan of her now, are you? Stupid little kid!

Christian - Can someone please remove the midget from our table?

Meadows - NO! TODD hasn’t touched the ground yet, that means he’s not eliminated!

Keith Axel lifts Randy Fields to his feet and tosses him over the rope. Kendrick and Chris go to Rawrlurb and help flip Jake over the top rope to the floor.

Christian - Two eliminations in a row!

Chris and Kendrick smile, and grab Rawrlurb, throwing her over the top as well.

Meadows - Three!

Christian - Kendrick Dylan and Chris Matthews have been friends for most of their careers. They were a dominating tag team in the independents, they held tag gold, and their team ended only when Kendrick had his short time in NLWF, and Chris was hired to Direct Hit.

Rawrlurb pulls at her hair. She marches towards the announcer’s table, as TODD gets to his feet. She stands on the table as TODD tries to stand. Rawrlurb backs up, standing on the Spanish announcer’s table, then runs forward across both tables, kicking TODD in the head. TODD collapses, rolling off the table to the floor.

Meadows - BITCH!

Christian - A kick to the skull that would make Brenton Cyrus himself proud! You’re fucking the wrong guy, Rawr!

Rawrlurb looks down at Rick. She kicks him in the face, then jumps off the table.

Christian - BITCH!

Meadows - Told you.

Christian - She’s hot though.

Meadows - Yeah, she is.

Chris, Kendrick, and Keith stand, staring at each other. Keith charges them. They duck, and Keith rebounds off the opposite rope. He comes flying back, and Chris delivers a straight kick to Keith’s leg. Keith stops, falling to the mat. Kendrick runs forward, taking Axel down with a dropkick to the face. Kendrick covers Axel, raining fists down on him. Keith slowly gets to his feet and shoves Kendrick away. Dylan rolls across the ring, quickly getting to his feet. He runs at Axel once again, only to get a huge boot to the face.

Meadows - Keith Axel has been dominating in this match!

Christian - But with Chris and Kendrick being his only two opponents, Keith may be looking at a handicap!

Kendrick crawls to the ropes, using them to get to his feet. He struggles to his feet as Keith stalks him. Kendrick and Chris stare at Keith for a moment. Kendrick takes a step forward, and Chris grabs him from behind, planting his knee into the back of Kendrick’s neck and bringing Kendrick down hard with an inverted overdrive.

Christian - ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

Meadow - In classic Matthews fashion! Chris Matthews has just stabbed his own partner, his own friend, in the back!

Christian - And did you see the way Kendrick’s neck snapped back from that move? What the fuck was that?

Chris stares down at Kendrick as Keith stares in shock. Chris lifts Kendrick to his feet and dumps him over the top, eliminating him.

Meadows - And…it’s down to two!

Christian - I can’t believe this!

Chris smirks, and turns to Keith. Keith throws a straight punch. Chris grabs Keith’s wrist, then grabs the other and twists Keith’s arms, taking him to the mat. Chris quickly retreats, waiting for Keith to stand. Keith gets to his feet. He charges Chris again. Chris sends another hard kick, right above Keith’s knee, causing Keith to stop in his tracks. Chris steps forward, throwing a quick jab at Keith’s face, causing him to raise his fists to defend his face. Chris quickly hops back, and delivers a huge kick to Keith’s side.

Meadows - Chris is almost a hundred pounds lighter than Axel, but watching him, you’d never know he was at any disadvantage!

Christian - Chris Matthews has picked up a lot of techniques over the years, but says one of his favorites is savate fighting. We don’t see that too often in wrestling, but he makes it work extremely well.

Keith gets to his feet, clutching his side. Chris delivers a quick kick to his knee, followed by a kick to the back of the leg, bringing Keith to his knee, and allowing Chris to bring his heel around, kicking Keith to the head.

Christian - That’s that savate style I just mentioned. Chris doesn’t look for brute strength or one or two big moves. Savate is all about combinations. Those kicks are like shots from a revolver. Fast, and deadly accurate.

Keith shakes his head, his eyes glazed over for a moment. He stands at his full height. Chris sends another kick, which Keith dodges. He sends a hard punch. Chris grabs Keith’s arm, bringing it over his shoulder and taking him to the ground.

Meadows - Judo throw from Matthews. Chris lost his first NLWF match, a Hawk’s Nest last year. He’s doing extremely well in his return.

Chris slides next to Keith, and locks in a cobra clutch. Keith reaches out, trying to escape the hold. He tries to get to his feet, lifting Chris with him. He reaches out, trying to get Chris off. Chris cranks on the hold. Keith slaps his arms desperately.

Meadows - It’s a battle royal! Keith can’t tap out, he can’t escape!

Chris releases the hold, dropping to the mat, and grabs Keith Axel, throwing him over the top rope. Keith lands on the apron, and turns. Chris charges, throwing a quick punch. Keith catches Chris’s fist. Chris sweeps Keith’s leg, bringing Keith down. Keith hit’s the apron hard, and rolls off to the floor.

Meadows - He did it!

Rachel O’Reilly - Here is your winner….CHRIS MATTHEWS!

Chris raises his fist in the air, sliding out of the ring as the shot fades to commercial.

Revolution XL: Bad Company: 11/9/10 Revolutionnew-1
Chuck Matthews
Chuck Matthews
Proving Ground
Proving Ground

Male
Birthday : 1991-05-17
Zodiac : Taurus
Chinese Zodiac : Goat
Location Location : Chicago, Illinois
Number of posts : 710

Back to top Go down

Revolution XL: Bad Company: 11/9/10 Empty Re: Revolution XL: Bad Company: 11/9/10

Post by Chuck Matthews November 13th 2010, 6:30 pm

Revolution returns to Chris walking backstage, sweat still clinging to his face.

Chuck Matthews
Nice work bro.

Chris smirks.

Chris Matthews
It was nothing.

Chuck Matthews
We need to talk.

Chris raises an eyebrow.

Chris Matthews
About what?

Chuck looks around nervously.

Chuck Matthews
Let’s go to your office.

The screen fades, and comes back to show Bobby O’Day, staring at the camera. The camera zooms out a bit, showing Kevin Wolf standing next to him.

Kevin Wolf
Sup dudes and dudettes, I’m here with Bobby O’Day, who in just a few minutes will be competing in the first ever Bobby O’Day Open Mat Challenge. Bobby, you’ve requested this time to address the people. What’s on your mind?

Bobby O’Day
I’ll tell you what’s on my mind, butthead. I made this open mat challenge because I thought I would get the best. I expect the best to accept this challenge, so I can prove to the world why I am, hands down, the face of this company.

Kevin snickers.

Bobby O’Day
What’s so funny, butthead?

Kevin Wolf
YOU’RE the face of this company?

Bobby O’Day
That’s right. Chuck Matthews himself called me the future of NLWF-

Kevin Wolf
Chuck Matthews called YOU the future of NL-

Bobby O’Day
Don’t interrupt me, butthead! As I was saying, last I checked, this was the wrestling business. And I’m obviously the best wrestler this company has. I am a three time wrestling All-American. That’s why it doesn’t matter who accepts my challenge tonight. The Open Mat Challenge trophy is coming home with me. Got it?

Bobby looks at Kevin, who raises his hands in surrender.

Kevin Wolf
Sure, got it. So who do you think will accept the challenge?

Bobby laughs, and shoves Kevin, walking past him. Kevin shakes his head, watching him leave.

The screen cuts back to the ring, where the ropes have been removed for the open mat challenge.

Rachel O’Reilly - The following is the Bobby O’Day Open Mat Challenge. Let’s review the rules!

The camera shows the big screen, where the rules to the match are displayed in large blocky letters:

BOBBY O’DAY OPEN MAT CHALLENGE

1. First to 5 Points Wins

2. Points Scored by:
-Pinfall
-Disqualification
-Getting thrown from the ring
-Locking in/Escaping a submission.

3. Pinfalls are one second, not three.

4. Striking is not allowed.

5. Should no winner be declared within the thirty minute time limit, most points wins. If it is a tie, it goes to the defender, Bobby O’Day.

Bobby O’Day comes out and does his fist pump taunt as he walks down the stage. Bobby O’Day smiles at the crowd as he walks to the ring. Bobby O’Day walks up the ring steps and puts his mouth piece in. Bobby O’Day enters the ring and waits for the match to begin.

Rachel O’Reilly - Ladies and gentlemen, introducing the host for tonight’s Open Mat Challenge…he comes from Sacramento, California, and weighs in tonight at 285 pounds…BOBBY O’DAY!

Bobby frowns, and takes out his mouthpiece to whisper something to Rachel.

Rachel O’Reilly - I’m not saying that.

Bobby O’Day
Say it!

Rachel O’Reilly - Ladies and gentlemen, it is my great pleasure to introduce to you…The Wrestling Phenomenon, and the Future of NLWF…BOBBY O’DAY!

Bobby puts his mouthpiece back in and smiles, raising his fists to the crowd.

Rachel O’Reilly - And now, the opponent.

Meadows - It’s an open challenge, theoretically, anyone could accept it! Who’s it gonna be?

Bobby takes the microphone from Rachel.

Bobby O’Day
I came here for some competition, buttheads! Someone get to this ring RIGHT NOW, or I win by default!

Nothing happens.

Bobby O’Day
Hello? Anyone hear me? I said-

The lights go out.

Meadows - DEATH-ANGEL?!

Christian - Don’t be stupid, he’s in Canada right now!

Meadows - What’s going on?

The lights turn back on. Rick Christian is standing on the announcer’s table, dressed in a wrestling singlet, his hands on his hips.

Meadows - What is he doing?

Rick jumps from the announce table to the ring, walking towards Bobby, who stares at him.

Bobby O’Day
What the hell do you think you’re doing, butthead? The announce table is over there.

Rick smiles, and takes the microphone from Bobby. He looks around to the crowd around him.

Rick Christian
Ladies and gentlemen…Allow me to introduce you to Mr. O’Day’s opponent for the night…the future winner of the Open Mat Challenge, and the REAL future of NLWF…

Bobby shakes his head. Rick smirks, and looks to the audience.

Rick Christian
Ladies and gentlemen, I hail from the LAS VEGAS, NEVADA!

The people cheer for Rick.

Rick Christian
I weigh in tonight…at ONE-HUNDRED and NINETY-FIVE POUNDS…

Rick flexes, causing a few people to laugh.

Rick Christian
Ladies and gentlemen…I am…RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISTIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!

Bobby snatches for the mic, but Rick holds it out of his reach, and hands it to Rachel, who leaves the ring.

Meadows - It looks like Ricky’s taken the challenge! I didn’t even know he knew how to wrestle! Go get him Rick!

The referee steps between the two men, motioning towards them. Rick steps forward, extending his hand. Bobby rolls his eyes, but shakes Rick’s hand.

Meadows - One of the new policies implemented in NLWF, competitors are expected to shake hands before each match, or risk forfeiting.

Open Mat Challenge
Bobby O’Day [vs] Rick Christian

[30:00]

[Ding Ding Ding]

Bobby drops down into a crouch, staring at Rick, who watches Bobby, standing up straight. Bobby charges, grabbing Rick by the waist, lifting Bobby up and bringing him crashing down with a gutwrench powerbomb. Bobby immediately covers, but Rick rolls his shoulder off the ground.

Meadows - Bobby O’Day, a three time wrestling All-American, he’s been doing this practically since the day he was born. Rick, on the other hand…I don’t think he even knows how to wrestle.

Bobby gets to his feet, waiting for Rick to get up. As soon as Rick gets to a standing position, Bobby grabs him from behind, lifting him, and bringing him down with a German suplex. Rick rolls back from the slam, and gets to his feet. Bobby turns to see Rick running at him. Rick leaps, grabbing Bobby by the head, and bringing him to the mat with a DDT. Rick doesn’t release the hold. The referee calls for the bell.

Meadows - It counts as a hold, which means Rick actually scored a point! And we still have well over twenty minutes left.

[27:25]

Bobby pushes up off the mat, reaching up, trying to grab Rick. He grabs Rick’s head and flips him over his shoulder, causing Rick to break the hold. The bell rings again.

Meadows - They’re saying Bobby escaped, which means he earns a point.

Bobby immediately drops down, trying to lock a hold in on Rick. Rick scrambles to his feet, and turns around. Bobby approaches Rick and tries to get hold of him, but Rick drops and rolls out of the way.

Meadows - Rick rolls out of the way! Bobby can’t handle the Rick roll!

Rick turns and runs at Bobby again, but Bobby catches him, locking in a bear hug. The bell rings. Rick struggles in the hold, trying to escape. Rick reaches out desperately.

Meadows - Bobby earned himself a point with that bear hug, and those are so hard to escape. Rick can’t grab the ropes, because the ropes are gone for this match. Most people simply pound their way out, but if Rick strikes Bobby, it’s a disqualification, and Bobby gets another point!

Bobby finally releases the hold, throwing Rick to the ground. He covers, but Rick kicks out before the count. Rick slowly gets to his feet as Bobby stalks him. Bobby grabs Rick for another German suplex. Rick flips over Bobby, landing on his feet. Bobby turns and Rick catches him in the gut, carrying both of them over the edge of the apron, and tumbling to the outside. The bell rings twice.

Meadows - They’ve called that a point for each of them, which means the score is at 2 for Rick, and 3 for Bobby.

[23:08]

The referee waits until Bobby and Rick climb into the ring. The two retreat to opposite sides of the ring, and the referee signals for them to continue. Bobby crouches and charges, targeting the legs of Rick. Rick steps to the side and holds out his foot. Rick trips over it, but can’t keep his balance, and tumbles out of the ring again. The crowd cheers as Rick smiles, clapping for Bobby. Bobby glares at Rick, then the crowd.

“CHRISTIAN!” “CHRISTIAN!” “CHRISTIAN!” “CHRISTIAN!”

Bobby O’Day
SHUT UP, BUTTHEADS!

“BUTTHEAD!” “BUTTHEAD!” “BUTTHEAD!” “BUTTHEAD!”

Bobby slaps the apron, and jumps back up to the ring, storming towards Rick. Bobby glares at Rick, who smirks, and backs away. Bobby shoves Rick, yelling at him. Rick raises his arms in surrender, pointing to the apron, and shrugging. Bobby pokes Rick in the chest, still shouting.

Meadows - I wonder what they’re saying.

Rick grabs hold of Bobby’s finger and bends it backwards. Bobby shouts out, dropping to his knees as Rick twists and bends Rick’s finger. Bobby tries to wrench Rick’s hand off, but Rick jerks at Bobby’s finger, causing Bobby to cry out again. The referee stares at the two for a second, confused, then calls for the bell.

Meadows - Rick just won a point and took the lead with the DEADLY CHRISTIAN FINGER HOLD!

[19:33]

Rick releases Bobby’s finger, and Bobby shakes out his hand before looking at Rick angrily. He gets in Rick’s face. Rick smiles. Bobby grabs Rick in a gutwrench and suplexes him, slamming Rick to the ground. Rick rolls to his feet. Bobby charges, lifting Rick off the ground and slamming him with a spinebuster. Bobby doesn’t wait for Rick to get up, instead grabbing him around the waist, and lifting him off the ground, hurling him over his head with a German suplex.

Meadows - That butthead is PISSED!

Bobby stalks Rick, screaming for him to get up. Rick grabs his head, shaking his head, and looks at Bobby. Slowly, Rick gets to his feet. Bobby charges Rick again, but Rick sidesteps it. Bobby comes to a screeching halt before he trips over Rick‘s foot again. He taps his head, smiling.

Bobby O’Day
Nice try, BUTTHEAD!

Rick retreats to the opposite corner. Bobby turns around and Rick runs forward, stepping up Bobby’s leg and kicking him full in the face. Bobby falls to the ground as the bell rings.

Meadows - FIVE STARS! But that’s a strike, and Bobby scores a point for a disqualification!

Rick shrugs, but drops and pins Bobby. The referee slides his arm to check for both shoulders pinned.

Referee
PIN!

The bell rings three times.

Rachel O’Reilly - Here is your-

Rick shakes his head, jumping down from the ring. He takes the microphone from Rachel.

Rick Christian
Ladies and gentlemen…here he is, your winner…RIIIIIIIIIIIIICK CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIISTIAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNN!!!!

He takes the Open Mat Challenge Cup from Rachel and raises it to the crowd, which cheers wildly. Crew members run to the ring to reattach the ropes as Rick takes his seat behind the announcer’s table.

Christian - Miss me?

Meadows - That was awesome! I never knew you could wrestle!

Christian - What can I say? Ol Ricky’s got a lot of tricks up his sleeve!

Meadows - That was….hot!

Christian - How hot?

Colleen winks at Rick, and disappears under the table. Rick looks at the trophy. He taps on the cup of it, and frowns.

Christian - That asshole would offer a plastic trophy!

Meadows - Wow Rick…after that match, I’m kinda disappointed…

Rick frowns.

Christian - Can you at least turn your headset off first?

His eyes suddenly widen.

Christian - We, uh…can we cut to something backstage? Anything? NOW?

The camera cuts to commercial as Rick grabs hold of the edges of the announcer’s table.

Revolution XL: Bad Company: 11/9/10 4465

Revolution returns to Kevin Wolf, who stands backstage, frowning.

Kevin Wolf
Hello again dudes and dudettes. I’m backstage with…

He looks around.

Kevin Wolf
Well, actually, I’m not here with anyone, Rick just wanted me to stall for time. So uh…

Kevin grabs a can of tennis balls from a table next to him and tries to juggle, but can’t get them going. After three tries, he throws one of the balls as hard as he can.

Kevin Wolf
Fuck this! Fuck you, Rick!

???
Ouch! Hey, who threw that?

Kevin looks down the hall.

Kevin Wolf
Right on!

He runs down the hall, the cameraman in hot pursuit. Kevin approaches Johnny Electric, who holds the tennis ball in one hand, and rubs the back of his head with the other.

Kevin Wolf
Hey Johnny, got a minute?

Johnny Electric
Actually, I have a match-

Kevin Wolf
Even better! Who are you fighting?

Johnny Electric
Chad Mason.

Kevin Wolf
Think you can win?

Johnny shrugs.

Johnny Electric
It’s been a while since I’ve been in the ring, but I can promise, I’ll give it my all.

Kevin Wolf
Anything you’d like to say to your fans?

Johnny Electric
Chad Mason, get ready for the fight of a lifetime. I’ve never been so excited for a match in a long time, and I promise a real thriller for the fans. Why? Because quite simply, Kevin…I am the HIGH-FLYING…ELECTRIFYING…DEATH-DEFYING…

Johnny smirks.

Johnny Electric
Totally NOT Awkward…JOHNNY ELECTRIC!

Johnny listens as the arena cheers.

“IT’S ELECTRIC!”

Johnny Electric
Oh yeah! IT’S ELECTRIC!

The camera fades, and goes to a shot of Rick, who looks under the table, shoving the Open Mat Challenge cup beneath the table.

Christian - Here, spit it in here.

He glances up and notices the camera.

Christian - Shit. Uh…Welcome back to Revolution! We’ve had a hell of a show so far, right Colleen?

There’s no answer.

Christian - Oh that’s right, you shouldn’t talk with your mouth full. Well, I’m sure if she was available for comment, she’d say something about our next matchup, which involves two huge returns!

He glances under the table.

Christian - That’s right Colleen! Johnny Electric, who has had numerous experiences in NLWF, back again to take on the returning Chad Mason, the first ever Rookie 2 Legend winner!

He pauses again.

Christian - I agree! This should be a great match!

“Slowmotion” by Nickelback comes through the speakers and Johnny Electric bursts out of the curtain. He runs up and down the stage, gesturing madly to the fans. He makes his way slowly down the ramp, high-fiving fans as he goes. He gets up onto the apron and vaults himself over the top rope. Johnny goes to the top turnbuckle and points to the fans before jumping down and waiting for his opponent.

Rachel O’Reilly - This next contest is a one-fall, double return match! First, from Los Angeles, California, and weighing 238 pounds…JOHNNY ELECTRIC!!!

“WELCOME BACK!” “WELCOME BACK!” WELCOME BACK!”

Christian - HUGE reaction for Johnny Electric right here in his hometown!

Meadows - …

Christian - You need to turn your headset back on.

Meadows - Oops. IT’S ELECTRIC!

“Anthem” begins to play. People look to the entry, waiting for Chad Mason. Chad walks through the curtain, and raises his fists into the air. He lowers his arms and heads towards the ring, stopping only to sign his name and give his number to a few fans in the front row. He looks to the ring and runs up to it, sliding on his knees on the apron. He gets to his feet and walks to the corner, climbing the outside of it. He looks at the crowd, and raises his arms in his Lethal Imperative pose. He vaults himself over the top rope, and into the ring, waiting for the match.

Rachel O’Reilly - And the opponent, from New York City, weighing in at 235 pounds, ladies and gentlemen, CHAD MASON!!!

“MASON!” “JOHNNY!” “MASON!” “JOHNNY!” “MASON!” “JOHNNY!”

Meadows - The Rookie 2 Legend, the former World Heavyweight Champion, Chad Mason is back and ready to go head to head with Johnny Electric.

Christian - East Coast versus West Coast tonight. Lethal Imperative against The Most Electrifying Man in Wrestling. This is gonna be great!

Johnny and Chad meet in the center of the ring, proudly shaking hands before retreating to their respective corners.

Johnny Electric [vs] Chad Mason

[Ding Ding Ding]

Chad and Johnny circle each other in the ring before Johnny raises his hands, clapping them. Chad joins, clapping in time with Johnny. The crowd joins in, cheering and applauding.

Christian - Both of these men were notable fan favorites during their times here, and it looks like nothing’s changed.

Meadows - You kinda have that legacy. Some guys spend most of their careers booed, remembered as the guy people loved to hate. You get those guys who were always there fighting for the people. Then every so often, you get a guy like Johnny Electric or Chad Mason. They don’t have much success, but people remember them for their ability to just go out and have a great time, and just entertain.

Johnny and Chad reach out in the center of the ring, and lock hands. Johnny quickly grabs Chad’s arm, wrenching it, and pulling him in, and immediately locking in a side headlock. Chad quickly pushes him away, and Johnny turns. They lock up again, each man trying to force the other into the opposite corner.

Meadows - Both men very evenly matched. They’re almost exactly the same weight, the same height. Chad trained under Chuck Matthews, trained under Nick Ridicule, and he favors that grounded, technical style we see those men use.

Christian - Johnny is very technical in his own right, but he’s been known to go high-risk when he wants.

Chad ducks down, driving his shoulder into Johnny’s gut. He carries Johnny to the corner, slamming him into the corner padding. Chad backs off before the referee gets to him. Johnny nods, and steps out of the corner. The two lock up again. Chad goes for the same move, but Johnny wraps his arms around Chad’s arms, and refuses to release the hold as he slams into the corner again. Chad tries to fight out, and grabs the ropes. The referee begins the count, but Johnny quickly releases the hold. Chad retreats again. The two approach in the center of the ring for a third time. Chad makes a motion to lock up again, but Johnny quickly steps back and fires a kick. Chad jumps back, narrowly avoiding the kick to the face as the crowd cheers wildly.

Meadows - Electric almost hits Power Surge already!

Christian - The first shot’s a warning! Johnny’s showing Chad to watch his step. It may just be a super kick, but Johnny Electric has been using it for ages, and it’s only gotten stronger over the years. I’ve seen Johnny break jaws with that move.

Meadows - Shocking!

Chad nods, clapping a couple times. He cautiously approaches Johnny, who begins tapping his right foot impatiently.

Christian - You see what Johnny’s done, is he’s gotten inside Chad’s head. Chad’s keeping an eye on that right leg of Johnny’s. He knows it only takes a split second for that foot to go from bouncing on the mat like that to driving itself into his face.

Meadows - Johnny may have the experience advantage here, but Chad’s been trained by some of the best in the history of the sport. Brenton Cyrus, who Johnny has beaten and has been beaten by. Nick Ridicule, one of the hands down best of our time, and Chuck Matthews, who not only has been in the business as long as Electric, but is one of Johnny’s former tag partners!

Christian - That’s what makes this match so interesting! It’s the veteran vs. the rookie, but you look at training, you look at who’s had more success, and it’s advantage Mason.

Chad rushes. Johnny lifts his leg slightly, and Chad stops dead in his tracks, stepping back.

Meadows - Chad’s avoiding that kick at all costs, but in turn, it’s costing him the match.

Chad looks at Johnny, then to the crowd. He takes a deep breath and runs at Johnny. Johnny raises his leg, but is taken down by a clothesline. Johnny gets to his feet and turns. Chad runs at him again, but Johnny ducks the second clothesline attempt. Chad bounces off the opposite ropes and drives his shoulder into the back of Johnny’s left leg, taking Johnny down. Chad gets to his feet and stomps down hard on the left knee, then quickly grabs Johnny’s leg and twists it in an ankle lock. Johnny pushes up off the ground, but Chad stomps on Johnny’s back, driving Johnny back to the mat, and cranks on more pressure.

Christian - Very smart! Chad is targeting that left leg, knowing that if Johnny can’t use his left leg for stability, he can’t possibly hit Power Surge!

Chad wrenches Johnny’s ankle, causing Johnny to cry out in pain. Johnny reaches for the ropes, pushing himself off the ground and inching towards the ropes. The referee slides next to Johnny, looking for a tapout. Johnny shakes his head.

“JOHNNY!” “JOHNNY!” “JOHNNY!” “JOHNNY!”

Johnny slowly pushes up, Chad still holding his left ankle. Johnny slowly gets onto his right leg. He hops on one foot a few times, and jumps up, using his right leg to deliver a hard kick to Chad’s chest. Chad releases the hold as both men fall to the mat. Chad is the first to his feet, and turns. Johnny gets to his feet, and the two move to the center of the ring. Johnny drives his knee into Chad’s gut, then tucks Chad’s head under his arm, driving Chad down with a DDT. Johnny quickly goes for a cover.

-1-

Chad kicks out.

Meadows - Not even close.

Chad quickly gets up. Johnny throws Chad to the ropes. Chad rebounds back, and Johnny hooks the arm, looking for a hiptoss. Chad keeps himself grounded. Johnny quickly delivers another knee to Chad’s gut, and throws his leg over Chad’s neck. Chad lifts Johnny in a powerbomb position. Johnny rolls back, reversing into a head scissors. Chad rolls across the ring, rolling to his feet. Johnny gets behind Chad, lifting him onto his shoulders, and dropping his backwards with an electric chair drop.

Meadows - Nice ELECTRIC chair! What POWER!

Christian - Wow.

Johnny rolls over, looking to pin Chad. Chad rolls backwards, and gets to his feet. Johnny shakes his head and gets up. The two lock up in the center of the ring again. Chad hit’s a quick uppercut, stumbling Johnny backwards. Chad pushes Johnny to the ropes, and throws him to the opposite side. Johnny bounces off and comes flying back to be hit with a back elbow from Mason. Chad quickly grabs Electric’s left leg, locking in a kneebar. Johnny cries out, trying to escape.

Meadows - Chad targeting that left leg again.

Christian - It’s one thing when you’re targeting a body part that your opponent has been known to have problems with. This is different. Chad is trying to weaken a body part. He’s trying to eliminate that left leg from the equation. This is what training with Chuck Matthews and Nick Ridicule gets you. He’s using that methodology from Matthews, along with holds and maneuvers he learned from Ridicule.

Johnny kicks furiously at Chad with his free leg, but to no avail. Chad wrenches at Johnny’s leg, causing Johnny to scream again. He runs his hand through his hair, reaching desperately for the ropes. The referee looks for the submission, but Johnny shakes his head. Slowly, Electric pushes up, crawling towards the ropes. Chad tries to bring Johnny back to the center of the ring. Johnny continues crawling forward, and finally pushes hard, throwing his arm out, and draping it across the bottom rope. The referee tells Chad to break up the hold. Chad releases Johnny’s leg, and stands up, watching as Johnny tries to get to his feet, his upper body draped over the middle rope. Chad runs forward, and jumps onto Johnny’s back, chocking Johnny on the middle rope. Chad jumps off, launching himself over the top rope and landing on the apron. He runs across the apron and boots Johnny in the side of the head. Johnny rolls off the middle rope, back into the ring. Chad quickly grabs hold of the top rope and vaults himself over it, landing on Johnny with a senton. He quickly covers.

-1-

-2-

Johnny kicks out.

Meadows - Chad with a great combination of attacks, just one after another, and he almost got it.

Christian - Johnny Electric’s been in the game for a long time though. He’s got that veteran instinct that Chad Mason simply doesn’t have.

Chad takes a deep breath as he stands up, clapping. Johnny uses the ropes to get to his feet. He turns around, limping slightly.

Meadows - I think Chad’s done it! I think he’s taken out that left leg of Johnny Electric!

Chad approaches, dropkicking Johnny in the leg. Johnny falls to the ground with a scream, holding his left knee. Chad grabs the leg and plants it on the mat before stomping down on the ankle. He runs to the ropes, and comes back, jumping in the air for a knee drop on Johnny’s injured leg. Johnny rolls out of the way, and gets to his feet. Chad quickly gets up and Johnny fires a kick, hooking Chad right under the jaw. Johnny hops from one leg to the other, tapping his head.

Christian - Much like my broadcast partner here, JOHNNY WAS FAKING IT!

Meadows - How do you know I faked it?! I mean…POWER SURGE!

Christian - Chad was so sure he had taken out Johnny’s left leg, but it didn’t hinder Johnny’s ability to hit that devastating kick!

Johnny quickly covers, hooking both legs.

-1-

-2-

-3-

Christian - WOW!

Meadows - Mason kicks out!

Chad grabs his jaw, moving it around. Slowly, he gets to his feet, shaking his head. Johnny climbs the turnbuckle, and perches on the top rope, clapping his hands. The crowd begins clapping in unison with him. Johnny watches as Chad gets to his feet. Chad turns to see Johnny, who jumps off with a missile dropkick, taking Chad down hard. Chad is quick to his feet and runs to Johnny, who takes him own with a hiptoss. Chad rolls back to his feet.

Christian - He won’t stay down!

Chad approaches Johnny, who stops him with a kick to the gut. Johnny runs to the ropes and rebounds, grabbing Chad’s neck and taking him down with a neckbreaker. Johnny drops to his knees, looking for the pin, but stops. He retreats to the corner and stomps his foot.

Meadows - We know what’s coming!

Christian - This entire arena knows what’s coming! Johnny Electric is charging up for a Power Surge!

Johnny taps his foot impatiently as Chad slowly rolls over, getting to his feet. Johnny stomps his foot, ready to kick Chad as soon as he turns around. Chad gets to his feet and turns. Johnny steps forward, sending a huge kick. Chad ducks underneath Johnny’s leg, and lifts him onto his shoulders in a fireman’s carry. He quickly throws Johnny up, off his shoulders, driving his knee into Electric’s face on the way down.

Meadows - TOXIC SHOCK!

Christian - He avoided the Power Surge and turned it into Toxic Shock!

Chad quickly hooks the leg.

-1-

-2-

-3-

Johnny Electric kicks out.

Meadows - WHAT?!

Mason laughs, standing up.

Meadows - Don’t laugh! You’re so close, get him!

Christian - Sounds like Mason has a fan!

Meadows - Look at him! I’ve never seen anyone wear half a pair of pants before, but Chad Mason pulls it off! It’s hot!

Chad circles Johnny, waiting for him to get up. Johnny gets to his feet and turns only to be taken down again by a clothesline. Chad kicks Johnny in the gut, flipping him onto his back. He stomps down on Johnny’s leg, then his arm. He covers again.

-1-

-2-

Johnny kicks out. Chad wraps his arm around Johnny’s neck, choking him out. Johnny tries to get to his feet.

Meadows - Johnny keeps falling victim to these submissions. Chad’s been wearing him down this entire match, and you have to wonder how much Electric has left in the tank.

Christian - I think the better question is whether frustration is sinking in yet. Chad simply hasn’t been able to keep Electric down.

Chad releases the hold and stomps down on Johnny’s spine. Johnny crawls to the ropes, using them to stand. Chad rushes him again, and Johnny ducks, pulling the rope down and watching Chad tumble over it, falling to the floor. Johnny gets up, watching Chad slowly stand up. Johnny races to the ropes, bouncing off and running towards Chad. He leaps, landing on the top rope and leaping off with a corkscrew crossbody, taking Chad down on the outside.

Christian - Whoa!

Meadows - Electric with a huge move, and the fight is on the outside.

Johnny lifts Chad to his feet and throws him to the barricade. Chad hits it, and people cheer as Johnny approaches them. Johnny grabs Chad’s neck and smashes his head into the barricade, watching Chad slump to the ground. Johnny stands over Chad and begins raining punches down on Johnny’s head as the referee begins counting them out.

“1” “2” “3” “4”

Johnny high fives a few fans, and lifts Chad to his feet. Chad shoves Johnny away, and sends a hard kick to Johnny’s gut. Chad grabs Johnny and throws him headfirst into the steps. Johnny rolls over the steps to the ground.

“5” “6” “7”

Chad lifts the steps and tosses them aside. He lifts Johnny to his feet and onto his shoulders. He runs, driving Johnny’s head into the ring post, then tosses Johnny up and brings him down, kneeing him in the face. Johnny drops to the ground, his face already covered in blood.

Meadows - Johnny’s busted wide open!

Christian - Chad drove Electric’s skull right into the ring post, and immediately followed up with a Toxic Shock, and Johnny’s out of it!

“8” “9”

Chad rolls Johnny into the ring, and slides in after him. Chad walks to the corner and spins around, crouching down, and motioning for Johnny to stand.

Meadows - Shades of Chuck Matthews!

Christian - Mason Tackle coming!

Johnny wipes blood out of his eyes as he slowly gets to one knee. The crowd begins cheering, watching as Chad motions for him to stand. Johnny blinks a few times, his blond hair streaked with blood. He gets to a standing position, and slowly turns around. Chad races forward, looking for the spear. Johnny plants his hands on Chad’s back as Chad approaches, leapfrogging over Mason as he goes for the tackle. Johnny lands behind Chad, who runs forward and collides with the corner. His head and shoulder bounce off the corner pad, and Chad rebounds around into a huge kick from Johnny Electric.

Christian - POWER SURGE!

Johnny stumbles a bit, and falls down, over Chad, hooking the leg.

-1-

-2-

-3-

[Ding Ding Ding]

Rachel O’Reilly - Ladies and gentlemen, here is your winner…JOHNNY ELECTRIC!!!

Christian - A great match between these two men, and a HUGE win for Johnny Electric!

Meadows - In his hometown, Johnny has ELECTRIFIED the NLWF, and all his fans! Welcome home, Johnny Electric!

Christian - That match was great, but we still have the debut of Damon Synn, plus Brenton Cyrus and TJ Tilli in action.

Meadows - Not to mention the main event of Chuck Matthews and Ruben Ricardo Leó n. The kings of the new NLWF, a debut, and a huge main event, all this, still to come!

Johnny stands on the top rope, raising his hands in victory. The crowd cheers him, chanting his name as the show cuts to commercial.

Chuck Matthews
Chuck Matthews
Proving Ground
Proving Ground

Male

Back to top Go down

Revolution XL: Bad Company: 11/9/10 Empty Re: Revolution XL: Bad Company: 11/9/10

Post by Chuck Matthews November 14th 2010, 6:17 pm

Revolution returns to Brenton Cyrus and Chuck Matthews backstage, talking.

Brenton Cyrus
I already talked to him about it. Everything’s taken care of.

Chuck nods.

Chuck Matthews
Good to hear.

Brenton slaps Chuck’s shoulder.

Brenton Cyrus
Hey. We finally did it. We got our perfect company.

Chuck smirks.

Chuck Matthews
Yeah. We did pretty well, I think.

Brenton Cyrus
No doubt. You alright?

Chuck nods.

Chuck Matthews
Yeah, just…thinking.

Brenton shakes his head.

Brenton Cyrus
You think too much, Chuck. Lighten up. Things are…

Brenton trails off, looking over Chuck’s shoulder. Alison Williams walks up, looking at the two of them.

Brenton Cyrus
…fine.

Alison Williams
Evening, boys.

Chuck Matthews
What are you doing? Why are you even here?

Alison Williams
I’m not allowed to come see the father of my baby?

Brenton and Alison stare at each other a moment.

Chuck Matthews
How’s the kid anyway?

Alison Williams
Fine.

She looks at the two men, and smiles.

Alison Williams
Well, I have things to do. Nice seeing you two.

She throws an arm around each of their necks, and hugs the two of them at the same time before walking off. Brenton looks at Chuck.

Brenton Cyrus
The fuck is she doing here?

Chuck Matthews
I have no idea…

The camera cuts to the ring, where Matt Biggars stands in the ring, his arms outstretched, as “Forfeit” by Chevelle plays through the arena.

Christian - Alison Williams is in the building, that can only mean trouble.

Meadows - I’m sure there’s a reason for it. She lives in LA, maybe she was just visiting!

Christian - Something tells me Chuck or Brenton know something about this. There’s something wrong here…

Meadows - Worry about it later. Right now, we have a match!

Matt stands up, pumping his fists to the claps of the crowd.

Rachel O’Reilly - The following is a debut match…introducing first, from Aurora, Illinois, weighing 200 pounds…MATT BIGGARS!!!

Christian - The 420 Phenom himself, getting ready for a fight with NLWF’s newest star, Damon Synn.

Meadows - Matt Biggars has held gold in NLWF, being a former Rising Star Champion, and he’s an accomplished fighter on top of that.

“Paint it Black” by The Rolling Stones booms over the PA system. Fire explodes from the top of the entrance ramp and lights up the arena. Most fans jump in fear at the sudden flames. As they regain their composure, the huge figure of Damon Synn appears at the top of the entrance ramp. The crowd boos the roof off the arena. He slowly and methodically begins walking down the ramp, a slight smile on his bandaged face. Synn ignores little children who want autographs and high-fives. As he reaches the end of the ramp he looks left and right, and then continues walking to the ring. When he reaches the ring apron, he reaches for the second rope and pulls himself up. Then, he enters the ring over the top rope. He goes to the center of the ring and raises his hands high to the sky. He swiftly brings them back down as fire explodes from all four turnbuckles. He then backs up into one of the turnbuckles, preparing for his match and awaiting the bell to ring.

Rachel O’Reilly - And the opponent, making his NLWF debut…he comes from El Paso, Texas…he stands at 6’10, and weighs 300 pounds…please welcome DAMON SYNN!!!

The crowd boos as Damon looks around.

Christian - The fans not a fan of Synn.

Meadows - He’s a sick looking individual, and he seems to have an affinity for fire. And on top of that, he’s almost seven feet tall!

Christian - He’s a big dude for sure. Let’s see how he does.

The referee calls the two to the middle. Matt Biggars extends his hand, which Damon stares at. The referee looks at Damon, saying something to him. Damon shakes his head, but grabs Matt’s hand, shaking it, before moving back to his corner.

Debut Match
Damon Synn [vs] Matt Biggars

[Ding Ding Ding]

Damon stands in the middle of the ring as Matt Biggars circles him cautiously.

Christian - Biggars the smaller man in this match. He knows better than to just run in fists flailing.

Matt Biggars throws a punch, connecting with Damon’s chest. Synn looks down at Matt, frowning. Biggars delivers a huge kick to Synn’s ribs, only to retract his foot, rubbing his shin.

Meadows - He’s not even leaving a mark! It’s as if Synn isn’t even being touched!

Biggars spins, delivering a spinning backfist to Damon’s face. Damon stumbles a bit.

Christian - He rocked him there!

Biggars jumps on Damon’s back, wrapping his arm around Damon’s throat, trying to choke him out. Damon grabs hold of Biggars’s legs, and runs towards the corner, sandwiching Matt between his back and the corner pads. Matt releases the corner, slumping in the corner. Damon kicks Matt in the corner, stomping Matt into a sitting position. Damon backs up, staring at Matt. The referee checks on Biggars, but moves quickly as Damon charges, driving his knee into Biggars’s face. Damon lifts Biggars out of the corner and throws him to the ropes. Matt bounces off and rebounds back, into the boot of Damon Synn.

Christian - Huge boot from Synn.

Meadows - Matt delivered that huge punch to Damon’s face, and since then, hasn’t landed a shot!

Damon approaches Matt, and drops down. He grabs Matt’s arms and head, locking in a gogoplata. Matt thrashes around, and manages to get his foot over the bottom rope. The referee tells Damon to break it up, but Damon refuses. The referee counts for the disqualification.

“1” “2” “3” “4”

Damon releases the hold. Matt rests on the ropes, rubbing his throat, gasping for breath.

Meadows - That submission may have but Biggars out of it!

Christian - Damon calls that The Asylum Lockdown. He may have locked this match down with that one.

Damon laughs, standing in the ring. He climbs out onto the apron and drops to the outside. He approaches Biggars, pulling him out over the outside, so that Matt’s feet rest on the apron. Damon tucks Matt’s head under his arm and spikes Biggars’s head into the ground.

Meadows - DDT on the outside!

Christian - That’s unforgiving. The only thing between Matt’s head and cold cement is a thin layer of wrestling padding.

Damon stomps Matt on the ground, and lifts him to his feet. He rolls Matt into the ring, and climbs the corner.

Christian - It always concerns me to see a three hundred pound man fly.

Matt slowly stands, and Damon leaps off, hitting Matt with a flying clothesline. Matt hit’s the mat as Damon rolls to his feet. Matt grabs the ropes, using them to get to his feet. Damon laughs again, standing at the opposite end of the ring. Matt shakes his head. Damon walks up behind Matt, grabbing him around the waist and throwing him in a German suplex, sending Matt rolling across the ring.

Meadows - This is disgusting.

Damon gets up and walks over to Matt. He lifts Matt up, forcing Matt to look him in the eyes. Damon slaps Matt across the face and lifts him onto his shoulder for a piledriver. Damon leaps in the air and drives Matt headfirst into the mat.

Christian - What a move! The Deadly Synn!

Meadows - He may have snapped Matt’s spine with that!

Damon rests his foot on Matt’s chest. The referee counts the pin.

-1-

-2-

Damon lifts his foot off Matt’s chest, shaking his head.

Meadows - This is sick! Just end it!

Damon leans against the ropes, watching as the referee checks on Matt. Biggars slowly rolls onto his stomach, getting to one knee. Damon runs forward and kicks Biggars in the stomach, sending Matt back down again. Matt coughs a few times, and spits up a bit of blood.

Christian - Biggars is bleeding! Between that piledriver, that vicious kick to the stomach, and The Asylum Lockdown, Matt must have so many internal injuries right now…how’s he even moving?

Matt grabs desperately at the ropes, using them as he gets to his feet, shaking. Damon smiles, watching Matt struggle to regain his footing, spitting up more blood. Matt shakes his head, slapping himself in the face a few times.

Meadows - He’s trying to regain focus. Poor guy probably doesn’t even know where he is right now.

Matt turns and charges at Damon, sending a huge flying knee to Damon’s face. Damon stumbles back a bit.

Christian - Damon didn’t expect Matt to even be able to mount an offense! Matt’s still in this!

Matt runs to the ropes and rebounds off, leaping for a second knee. Damon catches Matt by the throat, stopping him in his tracks.

Meadows - So much for that…

Damon stares at Matt for a moment, watching as Matt tries to escape Damon’s hold. Damon lifts Matt Biggars high in the air, holding him there for a moment.

Christian - Look at the elevation on this!

Meadows - He’s looking for his deadly chokeslam, Six Feet Under, from seven feet high!

Damon brings Matt crashing down with a huge chokeslam. He stares at Matt, who doesn’t move. Finally, Damon drops down and pins Matt.

-1-

-2-

-3-

Meadows - Finally.

[Ding Ding Ding]

Rachel O’Reilly - Here is your winner…DAMON SYNN!!!

Christian - That was less of a match, and more of a murder.

Meadows - Damon Synn completely decimated Matt Biggars. Welcome to NLWF, Synn!

Chris Matthews sits in the General Manager’s office, his feet propped up on the desk. He talks on the phone, occasionally glancing at the papers on his desk.

Chris Matthews
Yes, of course.

He pauses, as the person on the other end says something.

Chris Matthews
That sounds about right. We’re in agreement, then.

Another pause as the other person speaks.

Chris Matthews
Excellent…yeah, I know.

Another pause.

Chris Matthews
I’m not sure….of course…yeah…goodbye.

He hangs up, and runs his hand through his hair. He’s no longer in his wrestling gear, instead in his suit. He looks up, and smiles.

Chris Matthews
So, how was visiting your old friends?

The camera swings to show Jessica Matthews sitting on the sofa in Chris’s office, drinking a glass of water. She smiles.

Jessica Matthews
It was great. It’s nice to be back in LA.

Chris Matthews
You doing alright?

Jessica Matthews
It’s a little weird being here…but I’m fine. This is the best thing I can do, I think.

Chris nods.

Chris Matthews
We appreciate you being here.

Jessica smiles, and looks at Chris for a moment.

Jessica Matthews
You actually did it, then?

Chris slowly nods.

Chris Matthews
Yeah…

Jessica is about to say something else, but the door opens, and Alison Williams walks in.

Chris Matthews
Miss Williams! You’re here.

Alison Williams
Hey Chris. What’s going on?

She spots Jessica sitting on the sofa.

Chris Matthews
Jessica, meet Alison Williams. Alison, my sister.

Jessica smiles shyly, but shakes Alison’s hand, before Alison returns her attention to Chris.

Chris Matthews
Alright, Miss Williams. We need to talk.

The camera fades to commercial as Alison takes a seat across from Chris’s desk.

The show returns to TJ Tilli and Chuck Matthews talking.

TJ Tilli
All I’m saying, Chuck, is that FTW looks really promising. I love what Bad Company was about, and sure, you got your perfect world or whatever…but NLWF doesn’t have any titles. The talent is mediocre…FTW seems to be where it’s at.

Chuck Matthews
Understood, but you gotta trust me on this, Tilli. I wouldn’t ask you to trust me if I wasn’t sure that it would be the greatest career move for you to make. Just take my word for it, alright? You give me this week. You give me until the end of the show, and then you can decide for yourself what you want to do. I won’t try and stop you.

TJ looks at Chuck suspiciously.

TJ Tilli
Fine. But only until the end of the night.

Chuck Matthews
That’s all I ask.

TJ Tilli
Well…I have a match to get ready for. See you around, Chuck.

TJ walks away, and Chuck shakes his head sadly. Ruben Ricardo Leó n walks up behind him.

Ruben Ricardo León
Chuck, got a second?

Chuck Matthews
Sure thing. What can I do for you, Ruben?

Ruben Ricardo León
Listen, Chuck, you know I followed you through Bad Company, and unlike TJ there, I’m NLWF through and through. I just wanted to know what the plan is. Is there anything I can do to help us make NLWF even better?

Chuck laughs, and grabs Ruben’s shoulder.

Chuck Matthews
I appreciate the enthusiasm, Ruben. Trust me, I know what I’m doing. You’ve helped NLWF more than anyone so far. Just go out there and give me the best match you can, and that’s the best thing any of us can do.

Ruben Ricardo León
Of course. See you out there, Chuck.

Chuck slaps Ruben on the back.

Chuck Matthews
Looking forward to it.

The camera cuts to Rick and Colleen sitting at the announce table.

Meadows - That little scumbag Tilli! Bad Company turned him into something great, and this is how he thanks them?

Christian - Hey, Chuck asked TJ for one last week, and Tilli gave it to him. That makes me think Chuck has some trick up his sleeve to get TJ to stay. In the meantime, we’ve seen where León’s loyalties lie, and I’m sure he’s not the only one who wants to ensure NLWF’s continued success.

Meadows - Well…I guess we’ll have to wait and see what this ace in the hole Chuck has…if any. And what’s this thing going on between Chris Matthews and Alison Williams?

Christian - I’d be lying if I said I understood everything going on here, but…you know, Brenton Cyrus and Chuck Matthews have been in NLWF since the beginning. If there’s any two men that can lead NLWF into its glorious future, it’s those two.

Meadows - We’re actually in agreement…and speaking of Brenton Cyrus, up next he’s up against TJ Tilli…could this be the ace in the hole Chuck was talking about to keep Tilli on board?

Christian - We’re about to find out.

Tilli comes in to Falling Down with his hooded jacket on, playing to the crowd. when the chorus hits Tilli flips the hood off. He goes into the ring and motions a modified Gunz signal on both hands.

Rachel O’Reilly - The following is a standard match. Introducing first…from Perth, Australia, weighing in at 215 pounds…TJ TILLI!!!

Meadows - This may be TJ’s last match in NLWF.

Christian - Quiet, whore! Chuck Matthews says he has a plan, that means he has a plan! TJ’s not going anywhere!

“Intolerance” by Tool begins to play. The crowd cheers as Brenton Cyrus walks slowly from behind the curtain, and down to the ring.

Rachel O’Reilly - And the opponent…from Des Moines, Iowa, weighing 205 pounds…ladies and gentlemen, please welcome BRENTON CYRUS!!!

Brenton smirks, and walks to the center of the ring, extending his hand. TJ sighs, and shakes Brenton’s hand, and the referee calls for the bell.

TJ Tilli [vs] Brenton Cyrus

[Ding Ding Ding]

TJ doesn’t release Brenton’s hand, pulling him in and dropping him immediately with a clothesline, then stomps on Brenton’s arm. The crowd boos as TJ smiles, raising his arms to the crowd.

“CYRUS!” “CYRUS!” “CYRUS!” “CYRUS!”

Christian - Brenton Cyrus is right at home here in LA. Originally from the Great Plains, Brenton Cyrus has made a huge name for himself on the golden coast.

Meadows - He’s a legend in Hollywood, in NLWF…to some extent, Brenton Cyrus is almost as much in his hometown in Los Angeles as he is in Des Moines.

Brenton gets to his feet, clapping for TJ.

Meadows - Brenton has spent a long time trying to climb his way back to the top, and has said that TJ Tilli actually hindered that.

Christian - TJ Tilli has come a long way, really turned his career around. He’s defeated Brenton Cyrus before…can he do it again here tonight?

Brenton and TJ lock up in the center of the ring. TJ grabs Brenton by the head and flips him onto the mat. He covers.

-1-

-2-

Brenton kicks out.

Christian - Brenton Cyrus’s career lately…some say he’s way past his prime, but I think the majority of the people are his die-hard fans who know there’s still a lot of fight left in him.

Meadows - He’s a force to be reckoned with. Always has, always will be. But you’re right, his career since July has been very lackluster. Is it possible we have seen everything Brenton has for NLWF?

Brenton gets to his feet. TJ runs towards him, taking him down with a cross body. TJ rolls off, then climbs the turnbuckle, waiting for Brenton to get up. Brenton gets to his feet and turns to see TJ leap off with a moonsault. Brenton Cyrus jumps up, dropkicking TJ Tilli. TJ hit’s the corner, and falls headfirst to the mat.

Meadows - Brenton Cyrus with a huge dropkick! He caught Tilli in midair with that one!

Christian - Cyrus is known for those perfect dropkicks. They aren’t the most powerful moves in the world, but when done properly, they can do some damage, and really wear down an opponent.

Cyrus lifts Tilli to his feet and throws him to the ropes. Tilli rebounds off, and is taken down with another dropkick. Brenton stands up, staring at TJ for a moment, then backs into a corner.

Meadows - Here it comes!

TJ gets to his hands and knees. Brenton runs forward, looking for the kick. TJ moves out of the way, and Brenton stops in his tracks. TJ throws Brenton to the corner, and follows up with a clothesline. TJ throws Brenton out of the corner and climbs to the top rope before leaping off with another moonsault. He lands across Cyrus and goes for the pin.

-1-

-2-

-3-

Brenton kicks out.

Christian - Yes! Kickout, right in the nick of time!

TJ gets up, and stomps down on Brenton’s arm. He runs to the ropes and rebounds off, sliding into Brenton’s shoulder with a baseball slide. Brenton grabs his shoulder, and slowly stands.

Meadows - TJ starting to get frustrated.

Christian - You can’t get frustrated, not against a guy like Brenton Cyrus. Frustration leads to mistakes, and you can’t afford mistakes against him.

TJ locks up with Brenton again, pushing him towards the corner. Brenton suddenly throws TJ’s arms off and hits him with an uppercut, causing Tilli to stumble back. Brenton runs forward, driving his knee into TJ’s gut. Brenton quickly spikes TJ down with a DDT, and covers.

-1-

-2-

TJ kicks out.

Christian - Brenton usually doesn’t go for the pin until he’s completely sure he’s got it won. I wonder, did he expect to win with that, or was he simply trying his luck?

Meadows - I don’t think Brenton believes in luck. I think he believes in making his own luck.

Brenton retreats again, stalking TJ as he starts to get up. Brenton races forward, once again looking for the kick. TJ rolls onto his back and kips up, avoiding the kick. Brenton stops, but TJ grabs his arms, trying to spin Brenton around.

Christian - Tilli trying to set Cyrus up for the Breaking Point!

Meadows - That move has put TJ on a long winning streak lately. Could it work against Brenton Cyrus?

TJ sets up the move, but Brenton quickly spins it around, putting TJ behind him again. Brenton hooks TJ’s head and brings him crashing down with the Epiphany.

Christian - Reversal! Epiphany connects!

Brenton hooks TJ’s leg.

-1-

-2-

-3-

[Ding Ding Ding]

Rachel O’Reilly - Here is your winner…BRENTON CYRUS!!!

Christian - He did it! Is this that shift that Brenton needed? Are we finally seeing the road to the king retaking his throne?

Meadows - I thought for sure TJ would win! Where’s this plan of Chuck Matthews? Where’s this thing that’s going to convince TJ to stay?

Christian - Be patient! Good things come to those who wait, Colleen!

Meadows - I’ll tell you something I can’t wait for. The main event!

Christian - The main event of the night. The Pride of Mexico, Ruben Ricardo León, taking on Chuck Matthews, the man behind Bad Company, and one of the masterminds behind the New Federation. These two come to a head…NEXT!

The camera cuts to a shot in the locker room, where Ruben is lacing his boots. There’s a knock on the door.

Ruben Ricardo León
Come in.

Chad Mason enters, holding a box.

Chad Mason
What’s up bro?

Ruben Ricardo León
Chad, amigo. ¿Cómo estás? How are you?

Chad Mason
I uh…I got this package for you.

Ruben Ricardo León
Gracias, Chad.

He takes the box from Chad. Chad nods.

Chad Mason
Good luck against Chuck tonight bro. You got this.

Ruben Ricardo León
So long as I go out and put on a great show for mis partidarios, my supporters…I can go home happy.

Chad slaps Ruben on the back.

Chad Mason
Awesome man. I know you’ll put on a hell of a match. I’ll be cheering for you bro.

Ruben Ricardo León
Gracias. Thank you, Chad.

Chad walks off, leaving Ruben alone with the box. He opens it up and pulls out a note written on pink paper.

Ruben Ricardo León
Ruben, thanks for agreeing to this. I’m sure when it’s all said and done, you’ll understand why I asked you about it. Ashley.

Ruben puts the note aside and looks in the box for a moment before pulling out a new mask. The camera zooms in on the black star across the face of the mask as the show cuts to commercial.

The show returns to the camera, zoomed in on the same black star. It zooms out to reveal not Ruben’s mask, but the tattoo on the shoulder of Chuck Matthews. He stands in his own locker room, lacing up his boots, when there’s a knock at the door.

Chuck Matthews
It’s open.

Johnny Electric walks in. Chuck smirks when he sees them, and the two high-five.

Johnny Electric
You ready?

Chuck takes a deep breath, and cocks his head to the side.

Chuck Matthews
Ready as I’ll ever be.

Johnny Electric
You’ll do fine, man. You’re Chuck Matthews, remember?

Chuck smiles.

Chuck Matthews
Yeah. Thanks, John.

Johnny Electric
Of course. You know, Aubrey and I will be back here, cheering you on the whole time.

Rawrlurb walks up behind Johnny. Chuck smiles when he sees her.

Johnny Electric
I’ll leave you two alone.

Rawrlurb
Chuck…

Chuck Matthews
Ready to watch me kick some ass?

Rawrlurb
Chuck, we need to talk.

Chuck shakes his head.

Chuck Matthews
I know what you’re going to say. So I’ll tell you what. Watch the main event, and afterwards, we can talk all you like. Sound good?

Rawrlurb
But-

Chuck grabs her head and kisses her.

Chuck Matthews
Wish me luck, Aub!

He laughs, and heads out of the room, leaving Rawrlurb looking confused.
Chuck Matthews
Chuck Matthews
Proving Ground
Proving Ground

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Matthews November 14th 2010, 7:01 pm

The camera switches back to the ring, where Rachel O’Reilly waits to announce the competitors.

Christian - It’s time! It’s time! It’s MAIN EVENT TIME!

Meadows - Somewhere in Canada, I think Slayer just shit himself!

Christian - We’ve waited all night, and now we get to see it. Chuck Matthews, one on one against Ruben Ricardo León!

The lights in the arena go out and the fans boo as the opening strains of Vamo' Alla Flamenco hit the speakers. The screen shows a Mexican flag fluttering in the breeze and as the music kicks in Green, White and Red pyro goes off at the top of the ramp in the shape of the Mexican flag and Ruben Ricardo León steps out on to the stage, with his arms spread wide. Green, white and red searchlights begin to scan the arena, as León runs down to the ring, eventually focusing on the centre of the ring as he slides under the bottom rope.

Rachel O’Reilly - The following is a one-fall match, and it is your main event of the evening! Introducing first…hailing from Villahermosa, Mexico…standing at 5’9 and weighing in at 210 pounds…he is “The Lion,” RUBEN RICARDO LEÓN!!!

Christian - Ruben Ricardo León, The Lion, the pride of Mexico. We saw Ruben receive that mask backstage before the match, apparently from Ashley Matthews herself!

Meadows - Miss Matthews is in Canada right now, but there’s no doubt in my mind she’s watching this show right now to see her dad compete. Hi Ashley!

Cast out the storm in my head I've tripped and fell in
Caught in my conscience again
I try to push it away

World to Burn by Rev Theory plays throughout the arena. The camera focuses on the entrance curtain for a moment. Finally, Chuck Matthews emerges, looking at the ring. He faces the ring, smirking.

Christian - THERE HE IS! The mastermind behind the perfect world, the man who has put this show together!

Meadows - He took NLWF, and put it back to a time when it was something to be proud of.

The music suddenly stops.

Christian - HEY!

Meadows - What’s going on?

“Save Me” by Burn Halo suddenly starts to play, and the crowd erupts into thunderous cheers.

Meadows - Whoa!

Christian - Chuck Matthews going a little bit old school tonight!

I’ve been looking for my next mistake
With every other little chance I take.
I’ve left my mark everywhere I’ve been.

Chuck stops halfway down the ramp and looks to the cheering crowd. He raises his hands in his signature old-style cornas. Fireworks erupt in a line behind him, firing back and forth for a moment. Chuck looks back to the ring, and continues walking.

I think it’s time for me to come back down
I think it’s time for me to stand my ground
I don’t know where I should begin.
I hope it’s not too late.

He runs up the steps and pauses on the apron, flashing a grin at the crowd before stepping between the ropes.

Save me cuz I still believe
There’s something in me worth saving
Save me from this disease
That’s feeding on the better part of me.

Chuck climbs up on the turnbuckle. He stares at the crowd, grinning at them, and stretches out his arms, soaking in the crowd's cheers. Finally, he points to Ruben, shakes his head, then motions to himself. He stares at Ruben as he rolls his wrists, getting ready for the bell.

Rachel O’Reilly - And the opponent…coming to us from Chicago, Illinois…standing at 6’1, and weighing in tonight at 230 pounds…ladies and gentlemen, CHUCK MATTHEWS!!!

Christian - The smartest man in wrestling, Chuck Matthews!

Chuck turns and faces Ruben, staring at his mask.

Christian - Chuck sees that star on Ruben’s mask for tonight. That black and red star, which Chuck associates himself so closely to. You have to wonder, does he see this as a sign of respect, or mocking?

Meadows - Ruben’s paying tribute to a legend of our time! It’s a sign of respect for another entertainer!

Chuck’s face breaks into a smile, and he extends his hand. Ruben and Chuck shake hands, and Chuck says something to Ruben, who nods. Chuck breaks his grasp and takes a few steps back, still smiling widely.

Chuck Matthews [vs] Ruben Ricardo León

[Ding Ding Ding]

Christian - And we’re under way! Chuck Matthews, Ruben Ricardo León, right here!

Chuck and Ruben circle each other. Chuck sends a kick, which Ruben leaps back, avoiding. The two keep circling, before Chuck steps forward. The two tie up, and Ruben jumps up, wrapping his legs around Chuck’s neck and taking him down with a head scissors. Chuck rolls across the ring and quickly gets to his feet, staring at Ruben.

Meadows - First shot goes to Ruben.

Christian - This is the main event of the night, and what a match it should be. Chuck Matthews, possibly the greatest defensive wrestler in the sport, against Ruben Ricardo León, one of the fastest high-flyers.

Ruben runs forward. Chuck raises his foot to boot Ruben in the face, but Ruben rolls under it, and kicks Chuck in the back of the leg, dropping Chuck to one knee. Ruben jumps off the middle rope and bouces off, dropkicking Chuck to the back of the head. Ruben quickly climbs the corner and waits.

Meadows - Flurry of offense from Ruben in the early going, but if there’s one thing we know about Chuck Matthews, it’s to never count that man out.

Chuck gets to his feet and turns around to see Ruben moonsault off the top rope. Ruben catches Chuck by the neck, taking him down with a reverse DDT. He quickly covers.

-1-

Chuck kicks out.

Meadows - Ruben testing Chuck’s tenacity in this match. Chuck is so unpredictable in that sense, that you never really know what’s going through his head, you never know if he’s hurting or not.

Christian - But Ruben has a distinct advantage in that his style counters Chuck’s so well. Aaron O’Shea, Jason Hawk, The Notorious K.I.D, all high-flyers, and all guys that Chuck has had a notably hard time fighting.

Ruben quickly gets to his feet again, waiting for Chuck to get up. Ruben grabs Chuck’s arm and throws him to the ropes. Chuck rebounds, coming back, right into a spinning kick from Ruben. Ruben quickly runs to the ropes and jumps off them, backflipping onto Chuck, across his stomach. Chuck cradles his stomach, rolling on the mat. Ruben stands up and jumps, performing another backflip, and landing across Chuck’s stomach again. Ruben covers.

-1-

-2-

Chuck kicks out again.

Meadows - Ruben is dominating here!

Christian - We’ve seen Chuck take some severe beatings, only to come back and win, but this is different. Chuck relies so heavily on his ability to counter whatever’s thrown at him, but Matthews himself is so grounded. Simply put, Chuck can’t defend himself against aerial attacks, and that’s what Ruben uses against him!

Ruben heads to the corner, waiting for Chuck. Chuck gets to his feet, still cradling his stomach. Ruben runs forward and drives his knee into Chuck’s gut, followed by a kick to the face. Chuck goes down, and Ruben grabs Chuck, dragging him to the corner. He sits Chuck in the corner and retreats. Ruben runs forward, hitting Chuck with a shining wizard in the corner. Chuck slumps down. Ruben grabs Chuck’s knee, wrapping around his leg. Ruben bridges backwards, grabbing Chuck’s head and cranking back on the hold. Chuck shouts out in pain, kicking around with his free leg.

Christian - Ruben has that hold locked in. Chuck has had a lot of problems with that knee in the past, and Ruben is twisting in and possibly re-injuring it with this submission.

Chuck reaches desperately for the ropes, but can’t reach them. Ruben cranks back some more. The referee asks Chuck for a submission, but Chuck shakes his head. Chuck tries to push up out of the hold, but Ruben extends his leg, causing Chuck to flop back to his stomach.

Meadows - That’s what’s so devastating about this hold. Just by extending his leg, Ruben can add so much more torque to Chuck’s knee.

Chuck starts fading, doing his best to slide on his stomach across the ring, towards the ropes. He reaches for the ropes, but can’t reach. Slowly, his arm drops, and Chuck begins falling limp.

Christian - Remember, not only is this putting pressure on Chuck’s knee, but Ruben is cranking the pressure on Chuck’s neck as well, restricting air flow.

The referee lifts Chuck’s hand, letting it fall to the mat. He lifts it a second time and lets it fall. Chuck shakes his head in the hold as the referee lifts his arm a third time. Chuck keeps his fist raised, and reaches desperately for the ropes, his hand just out of reach. He uses his free leg to push himself forward just a bit more. Chuck reaches, and grabs the bottom rope. The referee calls for Ruben to break the hold. Ruben rolls off of Chuck. Chuck uses the ropes to get to his feet. Ruben runs to the ropes and rebounds off, racing towards Chuck. Ruben jumps, wrapping his legs around Chuck’s head. Ruben drapes over the top rope, and grabs Chuck’s ankles with his hands. Ruben pulls on Chuck’s legs with his hands, and his neck with his legs, using the ropes to support their weight. The referee immediately demands Ruben release the hold. Ruben releases Chuck’s legs, and takes Chuck down with the hurricanrana, dragging Chuck over the top rope to the outside. Ruben stands up, and lifts Chuck. He carries Chuck to the steps and scoop slams him on top of the steel steps.

“1” “2”

Christian - The fight on the outside, and still no offense from Chuck.

Meadows - Generally, the longer a match goes, the better Chuck’s odds get. But he hasn’t hit a move the entire match. You have to wonder if he can make a comeback at all!

Ruben climbs the corner, perching on the top rope. Chuck slowly gets to his feet, using the crowd barricade for support. Ruben leaps off, and catches Chuck with a missile dropkick, sending Chuck crashing into the guardrail. Chuck leans against it heavily. Ruben backs up, then charges. He steps up the stairs and leaps off, taking Chuck down with a crossbody, the two men crashing through the barricade.

“3” “4” “5” “6”

Meadows - I don’t see them!

Slowly, Ruben crawls out, getting to his feet. He walks to the ring, grabbing his back, and rolls under the bottom rope into the ring.

“7” “8”

Chuck limps out of the crowd, moving slowly towards the ring. He pulls himself up onto the apron.

“9”

Chuck climbs into the ring. Ruben grabs Chuck’s arm, throwing him to the ropes. Chuck rebounds back, and Ruben takes him down with a hiptoss.

Meadows - MEXICAN HIPTOSS?

Christian - You’re not Tommy Cornell, and he's not Chuck Matthews!

Ruben lifts Chuck and throws him to the corner. He runs at Chuck, driving his boot into Chuck’s skull. Chuck stumbles out of the corner as Ruben climbs the corner, pointing to the crowd, then to Chuck.

Christian - Chuck Matthews is completely out of it from that kick!

Meadows - Ruben looking to end this thing soon!

Ruben leaps off with a cross body. He takes Chuck down with a pin. Chuck rolls backwards with it, pinning Ruben instead.

-1-

-2-

-3-

Ruben kicks out.

Meadows - The first move Chuck has hit this entire match, and it nearly gets him the win!

Christian - It’s that shock aspect! Ruben was taken completely by surprise, and didn’t expect Chuck to be able to get the pin.

Chuck gets up before Ruben, and stomps on Ruben’s arm. Chuck drags Ruben to the ropes, and drapes Ruben’s head over the bottom rope before placing his foot on Ruben’s back, choking him on the ropes. The referee yells at Chuck to release it. Chuck slowly backs away. Ruben gets to his feet and turns. Chuck quickly grabs Ruben in a muay thai clinch, driving his knees into Ruben’s face.

Meadows - We saw Chuck’s older brother compete in tonight’s opening match. Look at the contrast of styles between the Matthews brothers.

Christian - Chuck works on one or two body parts. Chuck is so good at systematically picking apart his opponents and then hitting that big move. Chris is about speed and precision.

Chuck sends another hard knee to Ruben’s face, and retreats. He slumps in the corner, motioning for Ruben to stand. The crowd starts cheering.

Meadows - Here it comes!

Ruben gets to his feet and Chuck charges. Ruben sidesteps the spear, sending Chuck shoulder-first into the ring post. Chuck cradles his shoulder as Ruben approaches. Ruben grabs Chuck’s neck and tries to smash his face into the corner. Chuck catches the ropes, and shakes Ruben off. Ruben stumbles back as Chuck climbs the corner.

Christian - We don’t often see Chuck on the top rope, unless he’s getting set up for someone else to hit him!

Ruben runs towards Chuck and dropkicks him. Chuck soars off the top and lands on the Spanish announcer’s table.

Meadows - And this time was no exception!

Ruben slowly climbs the corner and looks at Chuck, laid out on the table. He points to the fans and leaps off with a shooting star press, backflipping once…then again. Chuck rolls to his feet and catches his shoulder to Ruben’s gut, spearing Ruben to the table, both men going through it.

“HOLY SHIT!” “HOLY SHIT!” “HOLY SHIT!” “HOLY SHIT!” “HOLY SHIT!”

Christian - HOLLYWOOD IMPACT OUT OF NOWHERE!

Meadows - Ruben Ricardo León, with a double backflip, right into Chuck’s waiting shoulder!

Christian - That spear is just so deadly. Chuck can hit that any time, any place, from any position!

Chuck slowly climbs out of the pieces of the table, crawling towards the ring.

“1” “2” “3” “4” “5”

Ruben emerges from the table behind him, using the other announcer’s table to get to his feet. Chuck grabs the apron, using it to stand.

“6” “7”

Chuck climbs up into the ring, Ruben close behind.

Meadows - This has been a great match so far, and I still don’t know who’s got it!

Chuck turns to Ruben and sends a hard kick to his gut. Chuck throws Ruben to the ropes. Ruben bounces back and Chuck takes him down with a hiptoss and quickly covers.

-1-

-2-

-3-

Ruben kicks out.

Christian - Chuck has to be wondering what it’s going to take to keep Ruben down.

Chuck lifts Ruben to his feet. Ruben hits Chuck with an uppercut, then throws Chuck to the ropes. Chuck bounces off, and ducks Ruben’s kick on the way back. Chuck hit’s the opposite ropes and bounces back again, taking Ruben down with another spear.

Meadows - HOLLYWOOD IMPACT!

Christian - That’s it!

Chuck hooks both legs.

-1-

-2-

-3-

Christian - ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

Meadows - RUBEN RICARDO LEÓN KICKS OUT!

Chuck runs his hands through his hair. He slowly gets to his feet, lifting Ruben with him. Chuck delivers a kick to the back of Ruben’s leg, then switches feet and kicks the other leg. Chuck throws Ruben to the corner, and charges, driving his shoulder into Ruben’s gut again.

Christian - ANOTHER ONE!

Chuck pulls Ruben out of the corner and climbs it himself. He turns to see Ruben slowly getting to his feet. Chuck leaps off with a flying clothesline, but Ruben ducks it. Chuck rolls across the ring to his feet. He turns and is caught in the face with a quick kick from Ruben. Ruben grabs Chuck’s arm and twists it in a chickenwing. Chuck stands, butRuben doesn’t break the hold. Chuck uses his free arm to deliver elbows to Ruben’s gut behind him. Chuck wrenches his arm free, and turns to face Ruben.

Meadows - These two simply can’t get the edge over the other.

Christian - Every time one of them mounts an offense, the other finds a way to stop it dead in its tracks!

Ruben and Chuck lock up. Ruben punches Chuck in the stomach, then lifts him, taking him down with a fireman’s suplex. Ruben covers Chuck.

-1-

-2-

-3-

Chuck Matthews kicks out. Ruben lifts Chuck to his feet, and takes him down with a scoop slam. He hooks the leg.

-1-

-2-

Chuck kicks out again.

Christian - I think desperation is starting to sink in for both these men.

Meadows - What did you expect? These two simply can’t keep the other down!

Ruben runs to the ropes and jumps off, backflipping and landing on Chuck. Ruben drags Chuck to the corner, lifting him. Ruben sets Chuck on the top rope and jumps up, wrapping his legs around Chuck’s neck and flipping Chuck off with a super hurricanrana. Ruben climbs the corner, looking at Chuck, lying in the ring.

Christian - Last time, Ruben met Hollywood Impact. Is he going to try again?

Ruben jumps off with a shooting star press. He does a backflip, flips again in a corkscrew, then backflips again before landing on Chuck.

Meadows - WHOA!

Christian - He backflipped twice, then flipped a third time in a corkscrew!

Meadows - It’s like two backflips having a threesome with a corkscrew, all ending in an explosion of awesomeness all over Chuck Matthews!

Christian - That might be the most disgusting analogy I've ever heard, but I understand what you're saying. It's almost like Ruben slows down time when he’s in the air. He can move so fast, do so many things before he hit’s the ground.

Meadows - That was amazing!

Ruben hooks both of Chuck’s legs as the referee counts the pin.

-1-

-2-

-3-

Christian - MATTHEWS KICKS OUT!

Meadows - He won’t stay down!

Chuck cradles his stomach, but slowly stands up, Ruben right behind. Ruben punches Chuck to the face, causing Chuck to stumble. Ruben follows Chuck, who boots Ruben in the face. Chuck moves behind Ruben, grabbing his neck and driving him headfirst into the corner. Chuck grabs Ruben’s arm and throws him to the opposite corner. Chuck charges after Ruben, who rolls up the corner, sitting on the turnbuckle as Chuck charges into the ring post.

Christian - Nobody home!

Meadows - Chuck was looking for Hollywood Impact, but Ruben was one step ahead, letting Chuck run right into the unforgiving post!

Ruben reaches down, grabbing Chuck’s legs and tucking them under his arms. Ruben jumps off, planting Chuck face first into the mat, and locking in the boston crab.

Meadows - Tequila Slammer!

Christian - He’s got that hold locked in, in the middle of the ring! This is it!

Chuck reaches desperately for the ropes, but Ruben cranks on more pressure, pressing Chuck’s face into the mat. Chuck tries to push up, but Ruben presses dow harder, preventing Chuck from moving.

Meadows - This is it! He’s gonna tap!

Chuck reaches desperately for the ropes, but can’t reach.

“RUBEN!” “MATTHEWS!” “RUBEN!” “MATTHEWS!”

Christian - These fans are split right down the middle!

Meadows - There are just as many people wanting to watch Chuck escape as there are people who expect him to tap out!

Chuck grabs Ruben’s ankles with either of his hands, and trips Ruben. Chuck quickly stands, crossing Ruben’s legs and locking in the Cryptic Cross.

Christian - WHAT?!

Meadows - He reversed the boston crab, and now it’s Ruben in trouble! Cryptic Cross locked in, center of the ring!

Ruben pushes up, crawling towards the ropes. Chuck stomps un Ruben’s spine, flattening him back to the mat, then adds more pressure to the hold. Ruben shouts, trying to reach the ropes. He pushes up again, crawling towards them.

Christian - Chuck might have it!

Ruben reaches out, but Chuck steps forward, dragging Ruben to the center of the ring.

Meadows - Ruben’s fading fast!

The referee lifts Ruben’s hand, letting it drop to the mat. He lifts it a second time, and lets it drop, but Ruben catches himself before his hand hit’s the mat.

Christian - He’s still in this!

Ruben pushes up, and crawls to the ropes. Chuck presses hard on Ruben’s spine, collapsing him. Ruben reaches out one more time, and throws his arm across the bottom rope. The referee demands Chuck release the hold.

“1” “2” “3” “4”

Chuck releases his hold. He grabs Ruben’s legs and drags him to the ring, then pins.

-1-

-2-

Ruben kicks out.

Christian - How much longer can these guys go?

Meadows - They’ve been at it almost an hour!

Chuck gets to his knees, running his hands through his hair.

Christian - Frustration setting in now.

Meadows - This isn’t a good sign. We’ve seen what happens when Chuck gets frustrated. He starts making mistakes.

Chuck stomps down on Ruben’s arm, then stomps on his leg as well. Ruben tries to get to his feet, getting into a sitting position. Chuck bounces off the ropes and rebounds, planting his boot into Ruben’s face and taking him down again. Chuck approaches Ruben, who springs to life, rolling Chuck up in a pin.

-1-

-2-

-3-

Chuck kicks out.

Christian - So close!

Meadows - León pulled the old possum trick, and it almost worked!

Christian - Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades! This match is STILL going!

Chuck quickly gets to his feet, as Ruben regains his footing. Chuck and Ruben run at each other at the same time. Ruben ducks Chuck’s clothesline attempt, bouncing off the opposite ropes. Chuck and Ruben fly at each other again, and Ruben takes Chuck down with a crossbody.

-1-

-2-

Chuck kicks out. Ruben stands, and bounces off the ropes, looking for a springboard moonsault. Chuck rolls out of the way, but Ruben lands on his feet. Chuck stnds and Ruben runs up behind Chuck, grabbing Chuck by the neck as he flips over him, driving Chuck face first into the mat. Chuck rolls out of the ring, shking his head.

Christian - Is he giving up?

Meadows - He’s been fighting almost nonstop for an hour! This isn’t sex, Rick, even Chuck Matthews needs a breather sometimes!

Christian - I can’t even make a joke about that…

Ruben stares at Chuck, then runs to the ropes, and rebounds off them. He charges towards Chuck, leaping clear over the top rope with a senton, taking Chuck down.

Christian - Huge move from Ruben Ricardo León!

Ruben lifts Chuck and throws him towards the steps. Chuck stops, grabbing Ruben’s arm and reversing it, instead throwing Ruben to the steps. Ruben hit’s the steel stairs and flips over them. He uses the guardrail to get to his feet. Chuck races towards him, jumping off the steps and looking for Hollywood Impact. Ruben sidesteps it, sending Chuck crashing through the barricade.

Christian - That’s twice in one match that Chuck’s been sent through the crowd barrier!

“1” “2”

Ruben enters the crowd, who immediately begind cheering wildly, slapping Ruben on the back, and making a clearing. Ruben lifts Chuck and kicks him to the gut, then throws him deeper into the crowd. Chuck crashes through a bunch of chairs, falling to the ground.

“3” “4”

Ruben lifts Chuck and drags him to the barrier. Ruben slotheslines Chuck over it, the two of them falling out onto the ramp. Ruben immediately gets up, stomping on Chuck on the ramp. Chuck gets to his feet, only for Ruben to kick him in the gut again. Ruben lifts Chuck up, and stands on the barricade with him. Ruben lifts Chuck over his head and the two go crashing down with a suplex, going straight through the ramp.

“HOLY SHIT!” “HOLY SHIT!” “HOLY SHIT!” “HOLY SHIT!”

Christian - THROUGH THE RAMP!

Meadows - They’re gone!

“5” “6”

Ruben’s arm is seen coming up through the ramp. He slowly climbs out, and reaches back into the hole, pulling Chuck up onto the ramp as well. Ruben lifts Chuck up onto his shoulders and struggles as he makes his way back to the ring.

Meadows - What’s he doing?

Christian - He doesn’t want to win by countout! He wants a decisive finish!

Meadows - HE PUT THE MAN THROUGH THE STAGE, HOW MUCH MORE DECISIVE CAN YOU GET?

Christian - Ruben Ricardo Leó n is all about honor. He’s all about prestige, and nobility. He refuses to have a faulty win on his record!

“7” “8”

Ruben rolls Chuck into the ring, but drops to his knees.

Christian - He just carried a 230 pound man to the ring, after fighting an hour against him. Ruben simply doesn’t have anything left!

Meadows - He’s letting this honor thing get in the way! He’s going to lose by countout!

“9”

Ruben climbs onto the apron, and rolls into the ring. He gets to his feet and turns, and is immediately speared to the mat.

Christian - HOLLYWOOD IMPACT! HOLLYWOOD IMPACT! I WISH TOMMY CORNELL WAS HERE TO SEE THIS!

Chuck drops to his knees and hooks Ruben’s leg.

-1-

-2-

-3-

[Ding Ding Ding]

Meadows - He did it!

Rachel O’Reilly - Here is your winner….CHUCK MATTHEWS!!!

Christian - What a match! Ruben saved Chuck from losing the match, he rolled Chuck back into the ring! Chuck saw that Ruben was beat, he saw his opportunity, and he took it!

Meadows - Chuck was waiting for Ruben to climb back into the ring. He waited for his time to strike, waited for that perfect opportunity, and now, Chuck Matthews prevails here tonight!

Christian - Are you kidding me? The only reason Chuck won is because Ruben refused to take the countout victory!

Meadows - Shoulda woulda coulda, Rick! What happened, happened, and Chuck Matthews has emerged victorious!

Chuck stands up, as the referee raises his arm. Chuck walks over to Ruben and offers his hand, pulling Ruben to his feet. Chuck calls for a mic, and takes one from the ringside worker. He stands there for a moment, trying to catch his breath before raising the mic to his lips.

Chuck Matthews
Ruben…Ruben, earlier tonight, I asked you for one thing, and one thing only. That one thing was that you come out here tonight, and you give me a great match…And you did it.

Chuck extends his hand. Ruben nods, and shakes it, only for Chuck to pull Ruben in and hug him.

Meadows - A lot of respect between these two men.

Christian - They fought a classic tonight. How could you fight a match like that and not respect these two? They took each other to hell and back again here.

Chuck Matthews
That being said…I hate to ruin such a great moment, but…Chris. Chris, come on out here…we need to talk.

Christian - What’s he talking about?

The crowd looks to the stage, waiting.

I don’t remember
Don’t use your gender
To drive a stake right through my soul

Chris Matthews walks out onto the stage, holding a microphone. He looks at Chuck in the ring, and rubs the back of his neck. The crowd boos Chris.

Chuck Matthews
Chris before you begin, maybe I should explain a couple of things…

The people quiet down to hear what Chuck has to say.

Chuck Matthews
Last week, Brenton and I talked things through…and we decided that keeping this company split was a bad idea. So this week, we handed our shares over to Chris, the general manager of NLWF. As of tonight, Chris Matthews owns thirty-nine percent of NLWF.

Christian - That means Chris is the new majority shareholder of NLWF!

Meadows - He may hold less than half of the company, but nobody else holds close to thirty-nine percent. That means now, NLWF is run primarily by Chris Matthews! Chuck and Brenton have no power!

Chuck Matthews
But Chris…I know you have something to say…so…I guess this is it. Go ahead and tell us…tell me that thing we don’t want to hear.

Chris takes a deep breath.

Chris Matthews
I…I sold NLWF…

Chris takes another deep breath.

Chris Matthews
…to Nick Ridicule.

Meadows - WHAT?!

Christian - Can he do that?!

The crowd begins to boo Chris, screaming at him, some starting to throw things at him.

Christian - These fans are pissed!

Meadows - They know what this means! NLWF now belongs to FTW!

Meadows - I’ve been so hopelessly lost with who holds what part of the company these days, I don’t remember where the company is anymore.

Christian - If my calculations are correct, Brenton owned fifteen percent, along with Chuck’s twenty-four, all of which now belong to Chris. Nick holds twelve percent as it is, Tommy Cornell holds twenty-five percent, and Ashley Matthews holds the remaining twenty-four. That adds up to 100, right?

Meadows - I’m about as good at math as Alison Williams. Don’t ask me.

The people continue to barrage Chris with trash, throwing popcorn boxes and cups of soda at him.

Chris Matthews
Charlie…you did great. Bad Company was the driving force that saved NLWF…but by the time it did what it set out to do, it was too late. Charlie, NLWF wasn’t meant to be saved. You and Brenton did a truly awesome job…but it was too little, too late. I’m sorry.

Chuck looks at Chris and nods.

Christian - Wow…Chris Matthews…he’s…wow.

Meadows - I can’t help but think he’s right. Bad Company created the perfect world, but maybe it was too late to save NLWF. Maybe Chris isn’t the bad guy here, he’s just the man who had to do what Chuck and Brenton knew needed to be done, but couldn’t bring themselves to do.

Christian - No! NLWF is the greatest company in the world! It can’t be over!

Meadows - I think it’s over…I think Chris has just put the bullet in the head of a dying dog.

Chris Matthews
As of this evening…we finalized the trade.

Meadows - Trade?

Christian - Yes! A trade! Of course a trade! The Matthews brothers are the smartest men in this business, you think Chris would give something as huge as NLWF away and expect nothing in return?

Chris Matthews
I sold Nick Ridicule my shares of NLWF…in exchange for a guaranteed contract for all current members of the NLWF Roster.

Christian - FUCK YOU CHRIS!

Meadows - What are you talking about?! Chris Matthews has made sure that nobody in NLWF suffers because of this! He made sure everyone still has a job after this show!

Chris Matthews
Well…not everyone.

Christian - YES! I hope he didn’t give them MY contract!

Chris looks at Chuck, who looks at the ground.

Chuck Matthews
I…….I’m retiring.

Meadows - WHAT?!

Christian - WHAT?!?!

Meadows - This isn’t happening!

The crowd stares at Chuck, completely silent. Chuck stands in the ring, looking out at the people.

Christian - I’ve seen Chuck Matthews compete through different promotions for the last eight years…I’ve seen him lose huge matches, I’ve seen horrible things happen to that young man, but never in my eight years of knowing him have I ever seen Chuck Matthews in tears, until right now.

Meadows - I can’t believe this…Chuck Matthews is retiring? This isn't right. This must be some sort of plan!

Christian - I don't think so...I think he really means it.

Dirty little secret,
Dirty little lies.
Say your prayers and comb your hair,
Save your soul tonight.

The people begin cheering as Brenton Cyrus walks out onto the stage behind Chris, his eyes fixed on the ring.

Meadows - Brenton Cyrus! Maybe he'll be able to talk some sense into Chuck!

Christian - I don't think that's why he's here. Brenton Cyrus has been in NLWF just as long as Chuck Matthews. These two men have been friends, they’ve been rivals, they’ve been teammates. These guys made NLWF great, and now it looks like Brenton Cyrus is here to say his farewell to his old friend.

Drift among the faithful,
Bury your desires.
Aberrations fill your head,
You need a place to hide
And I am...

Behind Brenton Cyrus, the NLWF locker room files out, wrestlers, staff, interviewers, all walking down the ramp, forming a line on either side of it. Alison Williams and Rawrlurb stand at the top of the ramp, on either side of Chris and Jessica Matthews.

Do you remember me?
And the kid I used to be?
Do you remember me?

Brenton steps up onto the apron, his face emotionless. He looks around at the people, then to Chuck, and smiles slightly.

Meadows - The song that means so much to these two men. It’s so much more than just Salvation’s old theme. It’s that symbol of two brothers, back when they were on the same page, back when Salvation…when Brenton Cyrus, Chuck Matthews, and Nick Ridicule fought to make the NLWF a better place.

Christian - Yeah, and look who’s missing from this picture! Chuck Matthews and Brenton Cyrus are leaving. Where the fuck is Nick Ridicule now? Where the fuck is he to watch the company he helped create come to an end?

When your world comes crashing down
I want to be there.
Your God ain’t looking down on me
I’m not Jesus,
Jesus wasn’t there!

Brenton Cyrus steps into the ring, walking towards Chuck.

You confess it all away,
But it don't mean shit to me
Your God ain’t looking down on me
I’m not Jesus,
I will not forgive!

Brenton stares at Chuck for a moment. Chuck grabs Brenton's wrist, raising Cyrus's hand, and pointing at him as the crowd cheers.

Meadows - Does this mean...

Christian - I...I think it does...Brenton Cyrus and Chuck Matthews are both retiring...

Brenton takes the mic from Chuck and takes a few deep breaths.

Brenton Cyrus
Chuck Matthews…Chuck, you and I have been here since the beginning. You remember those days? The two of us, rolling up in our fancy limos, thinking we were all that, but never really realizing how far we had to go.

Brenton smiles. Chuck nods, smiling.

Brenton Cyrus
We had a great run, man. I mean, just in the last few years, I think between the two of us, we’ve done it all. We had some shitty times…but for every bad day we had, we had two great days. And maybe I’m just speaking for myself here…but I’ll miss you, buddy.

Chuck smiles, and stares at the ground. Brenton slaps Chuck on the back, and hands him the microphone.

Chuck Matthews
I…I really don’t know where to start here. Brenton, bro…We’ve had a lot of issues in the past…somehow we were able to get past them. You know I have all the respect in the world for you. You know I wish you the best, in whatever you decide to do from here on out…Fuck…

Christian - Chuck is…this is so hard for him.

Meadows - This is all he’s ever done. Brenton Cyrus has been doing this for two years, but Chuck…he’s been in NLWF for two years with Brenton, but his career spans so much longer than that…and now he’s bringing it to an end.

Chuck Matthews
Brenton Cyrus and I always said we would be here until the end…NLWF would be our last stop…so here we are. It was an awesome run…I had a blast…goodbye.

Chuck and Brenton face each other, and shake hands, then hug.

“MATTHEWS!” “CYRUS!” “MATTHEWS!” “CYRUS!” “MATTHEWS!” “CYRUS!”

Chuck and Brenton step out of the ring and slowly make their way up the ramp, the crew and wrestlers slapping each them on the back, hugging them, shaking their hands as Brenton and Chuck walk. The camera pans over the crowd, where many of them are standing, applauding them, some people crying, wiping away tears as Cyrus and Matthews walk up the ramp.

Christian - A standing ovation for two legends of our time…Two outstanding careers, one great company, all coming to a close tonight.

Rick and Colleen stand, clapping for Brenton and Chuck. The two men stop at the top of the ramp, where they each shake hands with Chris, and Jessica hugs both men, before they turn and face the crowd.

“CYRUS!” “MATTHEWS!” “CYRUS!” “MATTHEWS!” “CYRUS!” “MATTHEWS!”

Chuck wipes his eyes, looking at Rawrlurb, then back to the crowd. Brenton nods slowly. Chuck and Brenton stand on the stage, staring out at the people, all on their feet, applauding. Brenton Cyrus does his God pose, and Chuck Matthews kisses his own hand before raising it in a single corna as the camera fades to black…

No Limit Wrestling Federation
Copyright 2010
All Rights Reserved
Chuck Matthews
Chuck Matthews
Proving Ground
Proving Ground

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down