NLWF Presents:
The Federation that promises to blow your mind as we lead the golden age of Pro Wrestling into the future! The No Limit Wrestling Federation is like no other, where you will be given limitless opportunities to excel fast as you compete in the Land of No Limits, fighting in the best Blood Sport on Earth!

NLWF accepts anyone brave enough to take the Walk of Fame, the first steps on the path to Immortality, but warns: Enter at Your Own Risk!

No restrictions, no boundaries, no limits, just the sport the way it should be!

Welcome and allow me to introduce you to four letters that will change your life, NLWF!

“IMMORTAL IS THE NLWF STANDARD OF QUALITY”

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NLWF Presents:
The Federation that promises to blow your mind as we lead the golden age of Pro Wrestling into the future! The No Limit Wrestling Federation is like no other, where you will be given limitless opportunities to excel fast as you compete in the Land of No Limits, fighting in the best Blood Sport on Earth!

NLWF accepts anyone brave enough to take the Walk of Fame, the first steps on the path to Immortality, but warns: Enter at Your Own Risk!

No restrictions, no boundaries, no limits, just the sport the way it should be!

Welcome and allow me to introduce you to four letters that will change your life, NLWF!

“IMMORTAL IS THE NLWF STANDARD OF QUALITY”
NLWF Presents:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Break a Hart

Go down

How to Break a Hart Empty How to Break a Hart

Post by Chuck Matthews May 20th 2009, 7:09 pm

The Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates, Illinois lights up. Music blasts through the speakers. Fans cheer as a local favorite disappears behind the curtain after a win. Welcome to the typical NLWF house show. Where main events and dark matches are one in the same. Where we see Brenton Cyrus punt kick local jobbers and make them rethink their career path. Where KingofDX actually had a few fans back in the day. Where Ramirez Silva watches and smiles a bit before handing local wrestlers and legends a contract and saying "Just sign the dotted line." It's not televised. It rarely impacts the going-ons of Direct Hit or Legacy. But the house shows can at times be just as important as the shows on TV. And the NLWF's faithful fans are appreciative just the same...

"One! Two! THREE!"

The ref counts the win for a local competitor, Richard the Giant. He laughs his booming belly laugh, one he's made famous in the indies, as he looks at the mangled body of his small opponent. His music hits, and Richard walks back up the ramp, with fans on either side, cheering.

Fans: "We love Big Dick! We love Big Dick!"

The fans cheer madly, highly anticipating the next match. The stage is empty, as is the ring. Then Burn Halo's "Save Me" roars through the speakers, and the fans erupt into boos. Chuck Matthews steps through the curtains and walks down the ramp. He doesn't look ready to compete; instead of his usual wrestling attire, Chuck wears his jeans and a Chuck Matthews T-shirt. He doesn't mess with his usual entrance antics as he heads down the ramp. Let's face it, the pose isn't half as much fun without the pyro. Chuck slides into the ring, gets on the tunbuckle, and holds his No Limit title high over his head. The fans boo madly. A crew member hands Chuck a mic as he paces the ring. Chuck opens his mouth, only for the crowd to boo even louder. Chuck tries to speak again, but the fans drown him out. Finally,

Chuck Matthews: "SHUT UP!"

The fans quiet down.

Chuck Matthews: "I'm not here to wrestle a match. I'm here because I have a bone to pick with a Mr. Frank Hart-"

The fans cheer wildly at the mention of Frank's name.

Chuck Matthews: "Now as much as I would LOVE to kick the living hell out of Hart right here tonight, I'm afraid he isn't here tonight, so I just can't do that. But i do have a special guest in attendance, who I'll be talking with later on. Before I do that however, let's talk about my opponent at the Hall of fame show, Frank Hart."

"Everytime Frank Hart opens his mouth, you can guarantee the same bullshit excuse will come out. 'You were handed everything.' Frank, isn't it time you just shut the fuck up? How many times do I need to disprove that? You said I was handed title defenses? Are you serious? Was it not Carmine, the man you claim handed me those defenses, that said, very clearly, that he was trying to get the titles AWAY from Salvation? He put me in two matches at King of the Throne. He made Brenton Cyrus defend both his titles in one night. Does that sound like a man who would 'hand' me anything?! It's about time you got a new excuse."

"But I know what you're going to say, Hart. I know exactly what your comeback is. The infamous Jake Stunner Screwjob. Let me explain something to you. What happened in that match was completely legal. In fact, let's take a look at a few highlights of that match right now. Roll the fucking tape."

Chuck looks to the screen, where the moments of Jake Stunner vs. Chuck Matthews play out.

------------------------------
Jake slowly gets to his feet, with the aid of the ropes. He spins around just as Chuck charges at him, looking for the Mattews Spear! Jake avoids this by leapfrogging Chuck, who slams shoulder first into the steel ring post! Jake takes advantage of this, and pulls Chuck out, and nails him with Greetings From Eagle Park! Jake quickly covers.

ONE

TWO

THREE...

NO!

Chuck shoots his shoulder off the mat at the count of two and a half.

Jake slowly climbs to his feet for a second time, as Chuck rushes at him, and this time he connects! Chuck hits the Mattews Spear! Chuck quickly hooks the leg.

ONE

TWO

THREE...

NO!!

Jake kicks out as Chuck pounds the canvas and almost tears his hair out!

Chuck holds Jake's hands behind his back. Cyrus holds the chair above his head, and drops Jake Stunner!! Cyrus gets out the ring and slowly heads up the ramp, taunting as he does so.

Cyrus dissapears backstage just as the ref gets to his feet and makes a cover...

JAKE STUNNER KICKOUT!!!

Jake is slow to his feet, as Chuck is on his, Matthews rushes Jake who out of the blue connects with the Greetings from Eagle Park on to the steel chair! Jake falls dropping his arm over and Chuck's motionless body.

ONE

TWO

THREE
------------------------------

Chuck strokes his chin as he watches the end of it play.

Chuck Matthews: "Yeah. I get it. Brenton Cyrus hit Jake Stunner with a chair, and I tried for a pin. But I didn't manage it, did I? The only reason Jake Stunner managed a pin was because of this right here."

Chuck points to the screen, where the video rewinds and shows Jake Stunner hitting Greetings from Eagle Park onto the chair. Chuck points to the screen again. The video rewinds once again, and shows the same thing. Chuck points. The video rewinds. Greetings from Eagle Park onto a chair.

Chuck Matthews: "Regardless of either of our actions during that match, it was Jake Stunner who cheated to win. What Carmine did was prevent a tragedy. Jake Stunner is dead by my hands. I crucified the man with my own hands at Annihilation, and Salvation destroyed him once again on Direct Hit. Is that the kind of man you want holding a belt? A guy who claims he will destory Salvation, then can't deliver? The way I see it, Carmine had one of two options. He could have given me the world title shot and Jake would be the No Limit champion. But Carmine chose the other way. Honestly, Frank, there is no weaseling involved here. It's an honest GM doing what's best for his brand, and for his show."

The crowd begins booing loudly. Chuck looks around, a smirk on his face.

Chuck Matthews: "Speaking of general managers, let's talk about that. Frank, you go on and on about how Carmine did this, Carmine did that. Carmine made Chuck Matthews. Carmine made Salvation. Blah blah fucking blah. Carmine gives people a chance. I took tha chance and did something with it. You want to talk about general manager's success? Let's look at Legacy. Are you truly that stupid, to think that Legacy had good ratings because you can put on a good show? Don't flatter yourself, Frank. The only reason Legacy had any level of success was because it had a damn good general manager. Bert Hales could make a card. Bert Hales could hype a match. The way I see it, if carmine is the man responsible for the success of Chuck Matthews, so too then, was Bert Hales responsible for Legacy's little hot streak. You want some proof? What happened when Hales left and Justin kash took over? What happened when Kash ran Legacy in the beginning? It was a joke! It mocked everything that NLWF stood for. Legacy had nothing to its name until Bert Hales took over."

"But to be honest, Frank, I don't really think it matters anymore. As you pointed out, Silva has moved all the talent worth having to Direct Hit. Once the draft comes along, Kash will be fired. Again. Come on, Frank, look at it. You take so much pride in competing on the B-Show. In the end, that's all Legacy is. Ratings or not, Legacy has ALWAYS been the B-Show. You had a good run on Legacy. You came to Direct Hit, and what happened? You lost. At the draft, it'll be time to separate the main eventers from the half-assed champions. I'll go to Direct Hit, where the real competition is, and you can go to Legacy. But look at the bright side: You can sit and reminisce with your good buddy FBF about the good ol' days when you could tell someone to give up, to throw in the towel, and know that they just might do it."

"You always think you have me beat Hart. But then I come back and cut you right back down to size. And it scares you. Do you know why this is? It's because you see me win matches without even breaking a sweat. You know damn well I don't worry about my matches, because honestly, I'm just that good. Now I have an actual competitor. Someone who could potentially pose a threat to my title reign. Someone who, success wise, could very well be an equal. But you aren't used to seeing me step up like this, are you? You thought you knew my limits, but everytime you try and strike back, I come in and send another knockout punch of my own, and you have to retreat and regroup, while I can sit in the limelight for a little bit. You have no idea where the bar is, Frank, because I keep raising it. That alone is why you will never beat me."

The crowd boos louder than ever. Within seconds, they begin a rousing chant of "Fuck Chuck! Salvation Sucks!" Chuck laughs.

Chuck Matthews: "You people have all been brainwashed by Frank, haven't you? Frank never shuts up about how Salvation cheats. Salvation is delusional. Salvation this, Salvation that. Hart, I sure hope you're listening, because I'm going to give you a lesson in Teams and Stables 101. Lesson one: Teammates help each other out. Brenton, Alex and I have each other's backs in any situation. We trust that no matter what, someone will always be there to watch our backs. We don't let people attack us...or throw us off bridges for that matter. Lesson two: Teammates do not refuse each other when one asks for help. When Alex wanted Brenton to accompany him to the ring against Tapido Delevega, Cyrus did it. What about you? Remember what Tails asked you to help him against Cyber Punk? What did you say again? Let's see if we have that on tape..."

Chuck pauses. Frank Hart's voice comes in over the speakers, a replay of Direct Hit:

Frank Hart: "We were the Heart Attacks. That ship has sailed"

Chuck grins.

Chuck Matthews: "Ouch. That's rough. But that's the kind of man Frank is, I suppose. He teams with a guy, they treat each other like brothers, then Frank turns around and pushes his friend aside. Frank, this is why Salvation is a success. This is why Salvation could and would curb stomp the Heart Attacks any day of the week. We know what it takes to be a team. You, obviously don't. Don't get me wrong, you two were good. Back in the day. But this is now. That was the past. The days of JWF. And that, ladies and getlemen, brings us to the much anticipated event of the evening. I'd like to introduce my special guest for tonight."
Chuck Matthews
Chuck Matthews
Proving Ground
Proving Ground

Male
Birthday : 1991-05-17
Zodiac : Taurus
Chinese Zodiac : Goat
Location Location : Chicago, Illinois
Number of posts : 710

Back to top Go down

How to Break a Hart Empty Re: How to Break a Hart

Post by Chuck Matthews May 20th 2009, 7:09 pm

A murmer of interest ripples through the crowd, as many wonder out loud who the special guest could be.

Chuck Matthews: "This man was known only for his short stint in JWF. However, he is credited with defeating Frank Hart in Frank's final televised match before the company tanked. Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome...DAVID HUDSON!"

"Wanna Be Loved" by Papa Roach blasts through the speakers as the fans erupt into trmultuous cheers. Dave Hudson himself walks through the curtains, pumped with the energy of a man thrilled to be back in front of the crowd. He looks to the fans, then to Chuck, who stares at the former JWF competitor. Hudson climbs into the ring. He extends his hand to shake Chuck's. Surprisingly, Chuck accepts the gesture. A crew member hands Dave a mic.

Chuck Matthews: "Well...Welcome, Dave."

Dave nods.

David Hudson: "Matthews."

The two stare at each other for a moment before Chuck breaks the silence.

Chuck Matthews: "Well, Dave, let's cut to the chase. I called you here because you were the last man to step in the ring with Frank Hart in JWF, and you won. You knew Hart when he was at his prime, you know things I have never seen before. Talk to me."

Dave seems to be drifting into space, but snaps back to reality at Chuck's question.

David Hudson: "Frank Hart.....He was a great competitor. Yes, I beat him, that is true. I was focused. Focused on another match A future match..."

David's voice trails off. Chuck snaps his fingers in front of Hudson's face.

David Hudson: "Oh...Apologies...I was thinking about something. What were you saying?"

Chuck looks as though he would love nothing more than to pound Hudson right there, but instead he takes a deep breath.

Chuck Matthews: "Tell me, Dave. How does a man go from a JWF world champion to a man who can't even hold onto a midcard belt for longer than one defense?"

David Hudson: "Well, I suppose if he's stressed, it could affect him. Stress can have horrible effects on a man, Mr. Matthews. You should always keep control of your emotions. They're like drugs into the heart, don't you agree?"

Chuck stares at Dave with a blank look.

Chuck Matthews: "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

Dave begins rocking back and forth, a dazed smile on his face. Chuck takes a deep breath, frustration obviously taking a toll.

Chuck Matthews: "One last question. This Saturday is Joe Santiago's Hall-"

David Hudson: "Joe Santiago? I know him. Such a nice man."

Chuck Matthews: "WE ALL KNOW WHO JOE SANTIAGO IS!"

Chuck closes his eyes for a moment and breathes heavily, settling down.

Chuck Matthews: "I, Chuck Matthews, will defend my No Limit Title against Frank Hart. Now tell me, Hudson: What could Frank Hart possibly have that I don't? Why is he so sure he can win? But most importantly, Hudson...Why do you JWF alumni remain in the past? Why can't you let go of what you used to be?"

Dave stares off into space for a moment. Chuck's eye twitches in anger. He snaps in Hudson's face, who looks to Chuck with a confused look.

David Hudson: "Do you know a man named Escobar?"

Chuck Matthews: "THAT FUCKING TEARS IT."

Chuck pounds the mic into Dave's head, causing Hudson to stumble back from the blow. Dave turns to face Chuck, who catches him by the gut and spears him to the mat! Dave cradles his stomach and Chuck begins stomping on every inch of Hudson he can find. Chuck steps back and looks at the hurt Hudson. Chuck catches sight of the turnbuckle, and a sinister grin spreads across his face. The crowd boos as Chuck drags Hudson to the corner and lifts him onto the top rope. Chuck climbs and points to the crowd, yelling.

Chuck Matthews: "Remember this, Hart!"

Chuck jumps from the corner, with Hudson in position for a death valley driver. Chuck destroys David with his own variation of Frank Hart's DVD Moment! Hudson lies, down and out in the ring. Chuck kicks at Hudson, rolling him out of the ring. Chuck picks up the mic as EMT's race to ringside.

Chuck Matthews: "Get this piece of shit out of my ring!"

Chuck watches as Dave Hudson is strapped to a stretcher and rolled out of the arena.

Chuck Matthews: "Let this be a message to you, Hart! JWF is dead, buddy! It's over! All those guys you thought of as competition then are nothing now. Bobby Ocean's a loser. Nic Leone is in the same boat. Salvation killed DXLatin. Tails is a shadow of what he once was. Even your beloved leaders Joe Santiago and Johnny Stylez have stepped aside for the younger generation, for Salvation to step in. The only success story is Cyber Punk, and he didn't even wait for NLWF to kill the legends of JWF. What makes you so special? Do you think you're back? You think you still got it? Nobody cares about the Straightedge Warrior anymore, Frank. You haven't evolved. You haven't moved on. You just think you have. In reality, Hart, you're more disillusioned than you say I am. It's time to move on. Accept your defeat. JWF is dead for a reason. NLWF is where the action is now. To put it in terms you can understad...The King of Hearts is dead."

The camera view fades into a show of the big screen. "Experience Hart" comes on the screen. The word "Hart" melts away and is replaced by a new name, leaving the screen reading "Experience Matthews" as the camera fades to black.
Chuck Matthews
Chuck Matthews
Proving Ground
Proving Ground

Male
Birthday : 1991-05-17
Zodiac : Taurus
Chinese Zodiac : Goat
Location Location : Chicago, Illinois
Number of posts : 710

Back to top Go down