NLWF Presents:
The Federation that promises to blow your mind as we lead the golden age of Pro Wrestling into the future! The No Limit Wrestling Federation is like no other, where you will be given limitless opportunities to excel fast as you compete in the Land of No Limits, fighting in the best Blood Sport on Earth!

NLWF accepts anyone brave enough to take the Walk of Fame, the first steps on the path to Immortality, but warns: Enter at Your Own Risk!

No restrictions, no boundaries, no limits, just the sport the way it should be!

Welcome and allow me to introduce you to four letters that will change your life, NLWF!

“IMMORTAL IS THE NLWF STANDARD OF QUALITY”

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NLWF Presents:
The Federation that promises to blow your mind as we lead the golden age of Pro Wrestling into the future! The No Limit Wrestling Federation is like no other, where you will be given limitless opportunities to excel fast as you compete in the Land of No Limits, fighting in the best Blood Sport on Earth!

NLWF accepts anyone brave enough to take the Walk of Fame, the first steps on the path to Immortality, but warns: Enter at Your Own Risk!

No restrictions, no boundaries, no limits, just the sport the way it should be!

Welcome and allow me to introduce you to four letters that will change your life, NLWF!

“IMMORTAL IS THE NLWF STANDARD OF QUALITY”
NLWF Presents:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Til Death Do Us Part

Go down

Til Death Do Us Part Empty Til Death Do Us Part

“Have you ever had that experience where you know you should feel bad about something…but you just don’t? What a great feeling.”

Chuck stares at the chamber in front of him. It’s Trial By Combat. He’s back in the very area where the chamber stands, filled to the top with cement. And somewhere inside, Kim sits, dead, buried alive at Chuck’s hands. The world seems to be standing still. He’s aware of the people in attendance, screaming, cheering. He can barely make out Brenton Cyrus’s voice, saying something…probably gloating over this little trick. But all Chuck can do is stare. He can’t get into the chamber, and even if he could, what’s the point? To save a dead body?

Chuck’s mind is racing…and yet, at the same time, there’s not a thought in his head as he tries to make sense of the whole thing. Why hadn’t he seen this coming? Why had he not factored in the possibility of a second hostage? So now Kim was dead…and the people were eating it up. Chuck stares a moment longer at the chamber. He nods solemnly, then heads through the curtain to the back. He walks slowly down the halls, avoiding everyone’s gaze. He couldn’t understand it. He had it won. Jessica was safe, the Universal Title was draped over his shoulder…the plan had been exected to perfection. But how did he overlook this one crucial factor?

John Conrad, that’s how. Chuck had put him in charge of protecting the family, and Conrad had failed. Something wasn’t right here. How could someone from Salvation get through Conrad’s men? How was Kim taken? There was a piece to this puzzle that Chuck just couldn’t find, and without it, the entire thing was ruined. Things weren’t making sense…and it was stragne. Normally, Chuck knew all the answers, the trick was simply to line them up with the correct questions. Use the information to make a plan. But now, things were different. Chuck had the perfect plan. But he had missed a crucial point somewhere. Something he had overlooked, and for the life of him, he couldn’t figure out what it was. And now Kim was gone…

???: “YOU SON OF A BITCH!”

After Corey Casey or Brenton Cyrus, Bobby O’Day’s voice was quite possibly the last thing Chuck wanted to hear. He slowly turns around, only to feel Bobby’s powerful shoulder slam into his gut, carrying him to the wall behind him. Chuck slams into the concrete wall hard, and feels Bobby’s hand wrap around his throat. Bobby throws Chuck with all his strength, sending Chuck tumbling down the hall, sliding across the floor. He glances back at Bobby. His eyes are glistening as he gets on top of Chuck and begins pounding his fists on any part of Chuck he can find.

Bobby O’Day: “You killed her! You fucking butthead, you let her die!”

He sends punch after punch with each syllable, his voice quavering, tears trickling down his face. Slowly, his hits are getting weaker and weaker.

Bobby O’Day: “You let her die…you…let her die…”

He suddenly stops punching Chuck, who lowers his hands from his face. Bobby sits on Chuck’s chest, his face buried in his hands. Bobby’s crying loudly. Slowly, he gets off, and stands up, staring at Chuck. His face is sad, filled with pain. Then, without warning, his anger is renewed, and he sends a hard kick to Chuck’s gut, knocking the wind out of him.

Bobby O’Day: “You’re no better than Brenton Cyrus! I thought you were different, Matthews!”

Chuck opens his mouth to speak, but Bobby kicks him again.

Bobby O’Day: “I trusted you! Kim trusted you! And look where it’s got us! I’m sick of it! I’m sick of watching my family torn apart by your bullshit!”

He sends another kick to Chuck’s gut. Chuck gasps for breath.

Chuck Matthews: “I…didn’t…do-”

Bobby O’Day: “Shut up! You’re a liar, Chuck Matthews, and if I ever see you near my house or my family again, I’ll fucking kill you.”

Chuck tries to sit up. Bobby sends one last kick to Chuck’s face, knocking him back to the ground. He spits on Chuck’s body and storms off down the hall. Chuck lays there, in the middle of the hallway. Had he really used Kim? Was it all an act? But what was the prize? That was what Bobby failed to understand. His relationship with Kim couldn’t have been false, or Chuck would have gotten something out of it. Wasn’t that how all his plans went? Wasn’t his relationship with Jessica Vestieri just a means to garner power in NLWF? Wasn;t his relations with Sandra Summers a way to get a network for the company? Chuck had a tendency to use people, yes…but he was always sure to collect, and do it fast. What had he collected from Kim? There was a reason she had lasted with Chuck for six months. And all that time, Chuck had received nothing. Perhaps…perhaps he really did love her.

But the past was the past. She was gone now. And as Chuck lay in the hallway, staring at the ceiling, a wave of anger washes over him. He suddenly feels disgusted. He feels sick. Not because he had let Kim die…but because he suddenly remembers his last fleeting memory of her.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 24, 2010
San Janeiro, Brazil

Chuck stands in the doorway of a hotel room, looking in. Kim sits on the bed, staring at Ashley, who’s examining herself closely in the mirror. She sighs deeply, and turns to face Chuck and Kim.

Ashley Matthews: “Well?”

Chuck Matthews: “Well what?”

Ashley Matthews: “How do I look?”

Chuck smiles.

Chuck Matthews: “Beautiful. If you weren’t my daughter, I might be a bit jealous of Nick.”

Ashley frowns for a moment, but her face lights up just as quickly as it had disappeared.

Ashley Matthews: “Little creepy, but I’ll take it. Thanks, dad.”

She looks at Kim.

Ashley Matthews: “Well? What do you think?”

Kim is silent for a moment. She stares off into space, obviously deep in thought.

Ashley Matthews: “Kim?”

Chuck looks at Kim, his eyebrow raised.

Chuck Matthews: “You alright?”

Kimberly O’Day: “I was just thinking, is all.”

Ashley Matthews: “About what?”

Kim is silent for a moment again.

Kimberly O’Day: “You know, Ashley…I’ve been dating your dad for almost six months now…”

Chuck exhales deeply. He can’t believe it’s been six months. Where the fuck did the time go? Ashley passes a quick glance at Chuck, then looks back at Kim.

Ashley Matthews: “Yeah…and?”

Kimberly O’Day: “As time went on, I feel you and I have become really close. We were there for each other when your father was in the hospital…”

Ashley Matthews: “Of course.”

Chuck stares at the two of them. He suddenly has the feeling they’ve forgotten he’s there. Yet, he can’t bring himself to let them talk in private.

Kimberly O’Day: “I guess after everything our families have been through, and with your dad and I so close, I feel…well, I feel like a sort of adopted mother to you, you know? And with that…I feel how important today realy is. I’m really proud of you, and I’m excited that you’re getting married today.”

Ashley smiles, and hugs Kim.

Ashley Matthews: “You’re awesome. Thanks, Kim.”

Chuck looks at the two of them for a moment. The room is silent for a while as Ashley goes back to examining herself in the mirror. Kim heads over and stands next to Chuck.

Ashley Matthews: “I’m nervous.”

Chuck laughs.

Chuck Matthews: “I wish I could give you some advice…but it’s not like I’ve ever done it, so…”

Ashley chuckles. Kim grabs hold of Chuck’s arm and rests her head on his shoulder.

Kimberly O’Day: “You could change that at any time…”

She whispers in his ear. She probably meant for it to sound sexy, but the thought of Chuck getting married himself made his stomach churn. It wasn’t even the fact that it was Kim. Just…something about it didn’t seem right. He was thrilled for Ashley and Nick. He saw that they were ready, and he couldn’t have been more proud of the two of them. But when it came to the thought of Chuck Matthews getting married, few things repulsed him more.

Chuck Matthews: “Yeah…”

Kim looks at him.

Kimberly O’Day: “You don’t sound very excited.”

Chuck forces a smile.

Chuck Matthews: “Come on. This isn’t about us. Today is about Ashley and Nick. We’ll talk later.”

Kim looks at him for a moment, but shrugs, and heads off downstairs. Chuck stays behind, watching as Ashley fixes her hair for the millionth time.

Chuck Matthews: “Ashley, it looks fine. Seriously.”

Ashley Matthews: “I know, I’m just…I’m so scared.”

Chuck Matthews: “Of what?”

Ashley looks at him.

Ashley Matthews: “I’m getting married, dad. This isn’t like before, when we would talk about it, and think about doing it, but never actually make plans. The ring’s been on my finger. We’ve set the date, we’ve planned the day, and now it’s here. I just…I can’t believe it’s already here.”

Chuck Matthews: “Imagine how it feels for your twenty-five year old father.”

He smiles. Ashley laughs.

Chuck Matthews: “All joking aside…I’m happy for you. I know how important this is for you, and I can only wish the best for you and Nick.”

Ashley smiles.

Ashley Matthews: “I love you, dad.”

Chuck smiles. Before he can say anything, Kim’s voice carries to the room.

Kimberly O’Day: “Our ride’s here!”

Chuck looks at Ashley.

Chuck Matthews: “After you.”

Ashley heads down the hall towards the elevator. Kim holds the door open for Ashley and Chuck, and they begin their descent to the bottom. It’s only a few minutes before they’re through the main doors of the hotel. A girl leans against the limo, waiting for Kim, Ashley, and Chuck. Ashley gasps at the sight of her.

Ashley Matthews: “Jenny?”

Jennifer smiles.

Jennifer Young: “Hey Ashley!”

Ashley runs up and hugs her friend.

Ashley Matthews: “I thought you weren’t going to make it!”

Jenny looks at Chuck, then back to Ashley.

Jennifer Young: “Somebody must have really wanted me to come.”

Kim looks at Chuck.

Kimberly O’Day: “Did you…?”

Chuck smiles and puts his finger to his lips.

Chuck Matthews: “Shh…”

He opens the door to the limo, and motions for the three women to step inside. Ashley sides in first, followed by Jenny and Kim. Chuck looks at the driver.

Chuck Matthews: “You know where you’re going?”

Driver: “Yes, sir.”

Chuck steps into the limo, taking a seat next to Jenny. Kim sits directly across from Chuck, next to Ashley.

Jennifer Young: “You look amazing! Are you nervous?”

Ashley sighs.

Ashley Matthews: “Yeah.”

Jennifer Young: “I can’t believe you’re getting married!”

Ashley Matthews: “No kidding.”

Kim and Chuck say nothing. They sit and listen as the two friends talk, catching up on old times. Ashley had not seen Jenny in almost a year, not since Chuck had taken her from the Jameson house.

Ashley Matthews: “So how did you get the money to come here?”

Jennifer Young: “Your dad paid for it.”

Ashley looks at Chuck.

Ashley Matthews: “You gave her the money?”

Chuck nods.

Chuck Matthews: “I knew how important it was to you that she came.”

Ashley Matthews: “How did you get it to her?”

Jennifer Young: “He personally came down and gave it to me. Gave me an invitation to the wedding too.”

Jenny stops suddenly. She looks at Chuck. She doesn’t say anything, but Chuck knows what she’s thinking. He shakes his head. She stares him in the eyes. She looks nervous, as if she’s bursting to say what’s on her mind.

Chuck Matthews: “Don’t.”

He whispers it, so only she can hear it. She shakes her head.

Jennifer Young: “Ashley…I have to tell you something.”

Ashley looks from Jenny to Chuck. Chuck looks out the window, trying to avoid the conversation. Jenny stares at the floor.

Jennifer Young: “When your dad came to visit, we…”

Ashley Matthews: “You what?”

Jenny takes a deep breath.

‘Here it comes…Fuck my life…’

Jennifer Young: “We…we had sex.”

Ashley Matthews: “Excuse me?”

Kimberly O’Day: “WHAT?!”

Chuck’s eyes clench tight.

‘Sooo fucked.’

Chuck slowly looks over at Kim. He can’t quite read her expression. She’s angry. But there’s a part of her that looks hurt. And another part still looks severely disappointed. Regardless, there is nothing on her face to show that she’s okay with this news in any way. She stares at Chuck.

Kimberly O’Day: “Is this true?”

Chuck takes a deep breath, but doesn’t answer.

Ashley Matthews: “Dad?”

Her voice is shaky. Jenny stares at the floor, avoiding eye contact with everyone else in the car.

Chuck Matthews: “Yeah…”

As soon as the word leaves his lips, he feels the fierce sting of Kim’s hand slapping him across the face. He looks at her. As soon as their eyes meet, he feels her hand across his face again. She raises her hand to slap him a third time. Chuck does nothing to prevent it. She makes a motion to hit him, her hand twitching, eager to find its mark again. The shot never comes. Instead, she looks away from Chuck, out the window. Chuck sees tears welling in her eyes. For a moment, just seeing the tears hurts more than any slap to the face. Chuck turns his attention to Ashley, who looks furious.

Ashley Matthews: “I can’t believe you.”

Chuck Matthews: “I’m sorry.”

Ashley Matthews: “She’s my best friend! Is there no low too low for you? Is nothing sacred to you? What made you think it was okay for you to do this to me?”

Jennifer Young: “Ashley, please. It was my fault too.”

Ashley Matthews: “No, this is entirely his faullt. Know why? Because he has no fucking self control. You see a good looking girl, and the only thing in your mind is how long she can last in bed, isn’t it?”

Chuck Matthews: “Ashley, I-”

Ashley Matthews: “You nothing! You’re everything everyone makes you out to be. You’re just some sex hungry idiot. You have no heart. You don’t care about Kim, you don’t care about Jenny, and you sure as hell don’t care about me!”

There’s silence for a moment. Chuck stares at Ashley pleasingly, but she returns it with a piercing stare. He’s never seen her so angry. He tries to lighten things up.

Chuck Matthews: “So…on a scale of one to The Notorious K.I.D, how bad does your wedding day suck right now?”

Ashley looks at him with an expression of total disgust.

Ashley Matthews: “No. I’m not letting you ruin this for me.”

Even as she speaks the words, a tear rolls down her face.

Ashley Matthews: “You know, when you tried keeping Nick and me away from each other, I forgave you because you didn’t know him like I did. When you cancelled his contract with your company, I forgave you because I knew it was just a heat of the moment thing. But this…I’m getting MARRIED, dad! I’ve waited too long for this just to let your bad decisions ruin it for me.”

Chuck opens his mouth to say something, but Ashley interrupts him.

Ashley Matthews: “That’s all you ever do anymore is fuck up, one after another. That’s all you’re turning into, dad. A FUCK-UP. You don’t care about your family. You only care about yourself. My only regret is that it’s taken me this long to see you for what you really were.”

Chuck Matthews: “Ashley-”

Ashley Matthews: “Just shut up! You’re just going to lie to me. Again. And like an idiot, I’ll believe you. No, fuck you. You’ll go to this wedding, and you’ll do your part, because you promised me you would. But after that, I don’t ever want to see or hear from you again. Do you understand?”

Chuck Matthews: “Listen, I-”

Ashley Matthews: “Answer the question. Do you understand me?”

Chuck sighs.

Chuck Matthews: “Yeah.”

There’s a long silence. Chuck looks at Kim, who’s still fighting back tears.

Chuck Matthews: “Kim…”

She shakes her head, avoiding his eyes. Chuck slumps back in his seat.

‘You brought this on yourself. You made your bed, now sleep in it.’

Half an Hour Later…

Chuck stares at his reflection in the window of the limo. He and Ashley stand in front of the church. Ashley refuses to look at Chuck. Inside, the music is heard. The wedding has started. From his place outside the open doors of the building, Chuck can see Kim walk down the aisle, accompanied by Brenton Cyrus. They stand at the front of the church. There is silence in there for a while.

Ashley Matthews: “Let’s go.”

She steps towards the door. Chuck smoothes out his jacket, and walks alongside her. The music begins.

Minister: “All rise for the bride.”

The entire congregation stands. Ashley takes hold of Chuck’s arm, and the two begin their march down the aisle. People are crying all around them. At the fron, Nick stands, waiting for Ashley. Brenton stands at one side, with Kim and Jenny on the other. Chuck leads Ashley to the front, then takes his place next to Brenton.

Minister: “We are gathered here today…”

Chuck isn’t paying much attention. Instead, he’s staring at Kim, who does her best to keep Chuck out of her sight. Her makeup has begun to run, a result of her crying before the ceremony.

Chuck Matthews: “Kim.”

He whispers, trying not to attract too much attention to himself. Kim shakes her head, staring straight at the minister in front.

Chuck Matthews: “Kim!”

She looks angry, but glances over at Chuck before hissing back.

Kimberly O’Day: “What do you want?”

Chuck Matthews: “I just wanted to say I’m-”

Minister: “Excuse me?”

Chuck freezes. He looks at the minister. All eyes are on him.

Chuck Matthews: “Yeah?”

Ashley has her face buried in her hands.

Minister: “Who gives this woman to be married to this man?”

Chuck Matthews: “Oh, shit. I do.”

He slaps Nick on the back. Ashley shakes her head. The people in attendance have mixed reactions. Some, mostly men, look amused at Chuck’s reactions. Most people look offended. The minister continues with his talk. Chuck returns his attention to Kim.

Chuck Matthews: “Kim, listen. I’m really sorry.”

Kim glares at Chuck.

Kimberly O’Day: “Bullshit. Ashley was right, you aren’t the same man I fell for. You’re a cold, heartless asshole who doesn’t think about anyone but himself.”

Chuck Matthews: “That’s not true.”

Kimberly O’Day: “Shut up. Look at what you’re doing now. You’re missing your own daughter’s wedding so you can try and make up for your screw up. How about you stop trying to fix your past mistakes and focus more on trying to avoid making new ones. Hm?”

Minister: “I’m sorry, is there a problem?”

Chuck looks at him.

Chuck Matthews: “Not a problem at all. Please continue.”

The minister looks at Chuck, eying him suspiciously. Chuck can hear Ashley, mumbling furiously.

Ashley Matthews: “I can’t believe him…I’m gonna kill him.”

Minister: “I’m going to ask that you try and keep it down a bit. This is a wedding, after all.”

Chuck nods.

Chuck Matthews: “Right. Apologies.”

He stands with his hands folded at his waist as the ceremony continues. Chuck can’t keep his mind on it, though. He constantly looks ver at Kim, who is now completely ignoring him. If only he could tell her. But what would he say? He didn’t have a reason. He didn’t get anything out of it. He cheated on her, plain and simple. How could he fast-talk his way out of this one?

A stinging pain shoots through Chuck’s chest. For the first time in a long time, Chuck feels hurt. He feels guilty. Kim wasn’t going to forgive him. Ashley hated him. Without realizing what he’s doing, Chuck finds himself stepping off the stage, and walking back down the aisle.

Minister: “Excuse me…where are you going, can I ask?”

Chuck looks back at him.

Chuck Matthews: “I, uh…I need to step outside for a bit.”

He moves quickly down the aisle, ignoring Ashley’s livid expression or Nick’s confused face. Chuck steps outside the church and slumps against the wall, just outside the door. He takes a seat on the front steps, staring up at the sky. For a moment, he’s completely relaxed.

???: “You’re disgusting.”

The moment is over. Kim storms out of the church, stopping to stare at Chuck. She doesn’t look hurt or upset anymore. She looks almost as angry as Ashley.

Kimberly O’Day: “Well? You did it. You wanted to talk to me so bad? Here I am.”

Chuck Matthews: “Whatever.”

Kimberly O’Day: “Don’t you whatever me. This was obviously important enough for you to ruin your daughter’s wedding, you better have something more intelligent to say than ‘whatever.’”

Chuck Matthews: “I don’t have anything to say.”

Kimberly O’Day: “You’re unbelievable. You know she’s crying in there? This is supposed to be the greatest day of her life, and you went and ruined it.”

Chuck Matthews: “Well what the fuck am I supposed to do about it? Go in and yell ‘do over!’ like we’re back in fucking third grade?”

Kimberly O’Day: “You’re supposed to be there for her! But no. Everything is all about you, isn’t it? The world revolves around Chuck Matthews. ‘Oh, I have a girlfriend, but you know, my daughter’s best friend is hotter, I’ll go ahead and violate her, Kim won’t mind.”

Kim’s face is already turning red. Her voice is starting to choke up.

Kimberly O’Day: “Did you think I would never find out? You thought you could just fuck whoever you wanted and nothing would happen?”

Chuck Matthews: “Fuck you. You did the same thing to me!”

Kimberly O’Day: “When, Chuck? When did I ever hurt you like this?”

Chuck Matthews: “You slept with Kendrick Dylan!”

Kimberly O’Day: “And I told you about it!”

Chuck Matthews: “No, you sat by my bed while I was in a coma and told me about it. You didn’t give a shit whether I could hear you or not, so long as it was off your chest. So long as your conscience was clear, right? You’re just as bad as you say I am.”

Kimberly O’Day: “Yeah? Because I only slept with one man. What about you? How many times did you cheat on me? Come on, Mr. Sex Icon. You can’t sit there and honestly tell me that your daughter’s eighteen year old friend was the only one.”

Chuck is about to retaliate, but Kim keeps talking.

Kimberly O’Day: “Do you stop to think about how disgusting that is? She’s six years younger than you, Chuck. She’s your daughter’s best friend. But of course, pussy is pussy to the great Chuck Matthews, isn’t it? Nevermind age restrictions. Nevermind girlfriends. Not even girlfriends who have done nothing but adore you, and stay with you no matter how badly things are going. What a way to thank me.”

Chuck no longer feels bad about it. He no longer feels any pain coursing through his heart. He stares at Kim, his anger growing with each harsh word she speaks.

Chuck Matthews: “I don’t need this.”

Kimberly O’Day: “Oh, you’re gonna be all Mr. tough man now? You know something? Fuck you Chuck. I don’t know what I ever saw in you. We‘re done.”

That’s the trigger. That’s the magical phrase that finally burns Chuck’s fuse to it’s limit.

Chuck Matthews: “No, no. Let me tell you something, little Miss O’Day. You’ve spent the better part of the last month and a half, ever since I got out of that coma, hinting at a wedding of our own. Ever since you saw that Nick and Ashley were doing it, suddenly everyone wants to tie the knot, and Kim’s first in line to jump on the bandwagon. Guess what? I’m no different now than I was when we first met. I wasn’t planning on getting married then, and I sure as hell don’t plan on it now. So what, you think I’m a changed man? Fuck that. I haven’t changed a bit. All that’s changed is your perspective. Fine, you want to go on your merry way, go right ahead. Wherever will I find a single woman who wants to have a shot with one of the most attractive men on the planet? I swear Kim, you might be as retarded as your slut sister.”

Kim stares at Chuck.

Chuck Matthews: “You want to leave me, that’s just fucking perfect. I don’t need you around, and quite honestly, after what I’ve heard from you today, I don’t want you around either. To tell you the truth, Kim? You're just not terribly important to me. I‘m outta here.”

Chuck storms past her, pushing her out of the way.

Kimberly O’Day: “Where are you going?”

Chuck Matthews: “I’m leaving. Fuck you. You want to end this? Fine. No skin off my ass. But you’re crazy if you think I’m gonna stick around for it.”

Chuck slides into the limo.

Chuck Matthews: “Head back to the hotel.”

He opens the window and faces Kim.

Chuck Matthews: “Oh, and by the way? Tell Ashley to have a great fucking life.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chuck’s face turns from one of guilt to one of contempt. So Kim was the one locked away in the chamber, and now she’s the one buried over her head in cement? Fan-fucking-tastic. That’s one less bitchy ex-girlfriend Chuck would have to deal with. Chuck lets out a laugh. Shit. Looks like Brenton was right…in a sense. He claimed Chuck was going to start pushing everyone away. Right and wrong. Chuck never forced himself into isolation. He simply ran a filter through all his associates. Pick out the weak, and keep only the strong by his side. Kim had lost her use, now she’s gone. Bobby decided she was more important than the success he could have had at Chuck’s side. In turn, he became just as weak. You’re only as strong as the people you’re fighting for. Bobby fought for his sister, and his sister was now dead and gone. But Chuck? He fought for himself. And in doing so, his success and failure was his own.

Chris Matthews: “You just gonna lay there all day, or what?”

Chris looks down at Chuck, still laid out in the middle of the hall. Chuck opens his eyes, staring up at his older brother.

Chuck Matthews: “I was thinking.”

Chris Matthews: “About?”

Chuck Matthews: “Things.”

Chris frowns, but reaches down, offering Chuck his hand. Chuck grabs it, and Chris pulls him to his feet.

Chris Matthews: “You wanna talk about it?”

Chuck thinks for a moment.

Chuck Matthews: “No.”

Chris stares at Chuck, his eyes narrowed. Chuck knew that face. Chris was reading him. Whenever he had that look on his face, Chuck knew Chris was suspicious of something. If Chuck didn’t know any better, he could swear Chris could read minds. He was simply that good at telling when people were lying, and what they were really thinking.

Chris Matthews: “It’s about Kim.”

‘Damn it, he’s good.’

Chuck Matthews: “No it’s not. Fuck her.”

Chris smirks, and starts walking away.

Chris Matthews: “Whatever you say, little C.”

Chuck frowns.

Chuck Matthews: “What happened to not calling me that anymore?”

Chris Matthews: “Must’ve slipped my mind. What happened to ‘don’t lie to your brother?’”

Chuck shakes his head. It wasn’t worth arguing over.

Chuck Matthews: “Where are we going, anyway?”

Chris Matthews: “There’s someone we need to see.”

Chuck looks at Chris, expecting him to tell Chuck who it was, but Chris doesn’t answer. Chuck shrugs, an follows him to a locker room. Chris knocks. The door slowly opens.

Angelica McPherson: “Hello?”

Chris Matthews: “Is she still here?”

Angelica nods, and opens the door wider.

Angelica McPherson: “Come in.”

Chuck and Chris step inside, and Angelica closes the door behind her.

Death-Angel: “Ah. Welcome, Chuck.”

Chuck ignores Death-Angel, who stands, watching over a small woman sitting in a chair.

Chris Matthews: “Listen big guy…thanks for helping her.”

Death-Angel nods.

Death-Angel: “You are every welcome.”

Angelica grabs hold of Death-Angel’s massive hand.

Angelica McPherson: “Come on baby. Let’s leave them to talk. I’m sure we can think of something to do.”

She pulls Death-Angel away, out of the room. Chuck does his best not to gag at the thought of what she could have possibly meant. Instead, he turns his attention to the woman. Her feet are soaking in a bin of warm water. Clumbs of cement have settled at the bottom of the bin. The woman is shaking.

Chris Matthews: “Jess?”

She doesn’t say anything.

Chris Matthews: “Jessica?”

Jessica Matthews: “What do you want?”

Chris grabs Chuck by the shoulder and pushes him forward.

Chuck Matthews: “Uh…hey, big sis.”

Jessica glares at Chuck.

Chuck Matthews: “Or not…”

Jessica Matthews: “Who do you think you are?”

Chuck frowns. As soon as he had seen Jessica sitting in the chair, he knew the conversation wasn’t going to be pleasant. He extends his hand, his cocky smile spreading across his face.

Chuck Matthews: “Chuck Matthews. And who might you be?”

Jessica Matthews: “Don’t you dare associate yourself with that name. Matthews is too good for you.”

Chuck Matthews: “Ooh, yeah, you got a point there…Miss Stark.”

Jessica Matthews: “You aren’t in any position to judge me. What about you, Mr. I’m going to kill the family that made me?”

Chuck Matthews: “You’re still crying about that?”

Jessica Matthews: “You’re an asshole.”

Chuck Matthews: “Yeah, I am. What’s your point?”

Jessica Matthews: “My point is that you think you’re such a hero. You’re going to save your sister! My ass, Charles. You were going to let me die!”

Chuck Matthews: “I was going to do no such thing!”

Jessica Matthews: “Fight Corey, and the chamber would fill. Those were the rules.”

Chuck Matthews: “I was calling his bluff!”

Jessica Matthews: “But you gambled my life to do it!”

Chuck Matthews: “And won.”

Jessica Matthews: “Not the point.”

Chuck Matthews: “No? Then what is the point? You’re safe, and I have the belt around my waist. Everything is right with the world.”

Jessica Matthews: “Charlie, a woman died tonight, because your personal success was more important to you than the love of your life. Doesn’t that bother you at all?”

Chuck Matthews: “Have you met Kim O’Day?”

Jessica shakes her head.

Jessica Matthews: “What?”

Chuck Matthews: “Kim. The girl in the chamber. Did you ever meet her?”

Jessica Matthews: “No.”

Chuck Matthews: “Then don’t come talking to me about what I should and shouldn’t be bothered about.”

There’s silence for a moment. Jessica stares at Chuck.

Jessica Matthews: “What happened to you? You used to be a sweet kid. You used to be caring. You used to be a little charmer.”

Chuck Matthews: “I grew up. Maybe it’s time you do the same.”

Jessica Matthews: “Excuse me?”

Chuck Matthews: “Your own brother has been a professional wrestler for eight years, he’s on TV every week, and you still have no idea that this is the same kid you grew up with? Seriously?”

Jessica Matthews: “I don’t like violence.”

Chuck Matthews: “Because you shelter yourself from the world. Grow the fuck up, Jessica. The world is not a nice place. The sooner you learn that, and the sooner you can learn how to manipulate it, the better off you’ll be.”

Jessica slaps Chuck across the face.

Jessica Matthews: “You know why I changed my name, Charlie? You want to know? Because I agreed with you. I saw what dad did to you, I saw how Jacob and Chris treated you, how Uncle Frank treated you. And I felt bad. I was disgusted by it. I left the family and I changed my name because I couldn’t bear to be associated with the Matthews name any more. They were evil people, Charlie. But I guess I was stupid to think you had turned out any different.”

She’s in tears.

Jessica Matthews: “I spent months after you left, praying, hoping that somehow, you were okay, that somehow you had survived. I hoped that wherever you were, that you had something better. I hoped that you would grow up and be better than the family you came from. But you didn’t. You turned out exactly the same. No, I take that back. You’re worse.”

Chuck Matthews: “Well, I’m sorry that life isn’t a fucking fairy tale.”

Jessica wipes a tear from her face.

Jessica Matthews: “Brenton was right about you.”

Chuck smiles.

Chuck Matthews: “Oh! There it is! I was wondering when the magical name would pop up. Everything revolves around him, doesn’t it? Well that’s just fucking dandy, ain’t it?”

Chuck gets very close to Jessica, his face inches away from his sister’s.

Chuck Matthews: “Well, Jessie, the next time you see Brenton, you go right ahead and tell him something for me. You tell him that his little plot to kill off Kim doesn’t affect me in the slightest. Go ahead and tell him that once again, I win. Be a dear and tell him that, won’t you sis?”

Jessica glares at Chuck.

Jessica Matthews: “Brenton is the sweetest man I’ve ever met. Which is more than I can say for the heartless asshole that I’m forced to call a brother.”

Chuck smirks.

Chuck Matthews: “Love you too, Jess.”

He kisses her cheek, the grabs the front legs of the chair, flipping it over, and sending Jessica crashing to the ground. Chris runs to her side as Chuck leaves the room, laughing.

Chuck Matthews: “I’m sitting here right now, and I’m looking at my opponents for this week. How silly of me to think that the NLWF Champion and a fired up Nick Ridicule would be a threat. I’m severely disappointed. I honestly thought I’d have to work my ass off for the win this week, and this is what I get? Looks like the curse will be broken after all.

So what is it about you two, staring at us from across the ring? Nick Ridicule, who has a real issue beating people who have been here less than a month. Should be a cakewalk for you then, fighting two guys who have been in NLWF for quite some time, right?

Oh, except for the fact that you learned half the shit you know from me. We’ve met in the ring as opponents before, Nick, my friend. And we’ve failed to actually fight it out. There’s no closure. You beat me in a tag match where you failed to take me out. You beat me in a TLC match, once again without having to pin me. Tell me, Nick. Can you really beat me? You seem to have this strange obsession. When everyone else hates me, you dig through the layers of ego and malice and you manage to see the good in me.

Aww, that’s real fucking cute. But you know what? That doesn’t win you matches. You would think I’d be grateful, right? In a world where everyone is turning on me, I should be counting my blessings and keeping my friends close, right? But you know what they say. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. I’ve got my greatest enemy of all as a tag partner. So as far as being grateful for a friend in NLWF goes? I’ll pass. Because what you call nobleness, what you call ‘being a true friend’ I see as a weakness. Honestly, Nick? I don’t think you have it in you to beat me. I don’t think you can bring yourself to take me out. I mean, you didn’t have the heart to beat Brenton, not until he insulted you, berated you, made you want to kill him. I’m not gonna do that, Nicky. I;m not going to slap you across the face and refuse to fight back. You want to beat me, you’re going to have to dig real deep and find a reason to hate me, just like everyone else does. Or else, you don’t have a chance of taking this belt from me.

Nick, you had some real nerve saying some things you did this week. And for the record, saying ‘no offense’ before the point doesn’t mean I’m not going to get pissed off about it.

But that’s beside the point. First off, let me explain something to you. The reason Brenton and I were tag champs of the year for 2009 is because we worked well together. Put any two guys together, and they wouldn’t be able to stop us. Hell, the trend continued all the way up until someone decided to put yourself and Jason Hawk on a team. Only then did we manage to lose. But again, I’m getting off topic. You forget that I’ve been tag champion five times, and only three of those were with Cyrus. Do you remember who else I reigned alongside?

YOU, little buddy! And if I recall, that first time, the one that was removed from the books, I hated your guts. What am I trying to say here? I’m saying that I’ve been paired up with Brenton. I’ve been paired with you. And I win regardless. The reason I’m such a dominating figure in the tag team division isn’t because I’m a great singles competitor. It’s because I can pick my battles. I can work with others, regardless of my personal feelings towards the person, and I can win. Brenton and I worked like a well-oiled machne. You and I worked well together. What makes you think Corey and I will be any different? What, just because we’ve had nothing but bad blood between us? That’s the funny thing about me Nick. I’ve been known to shake hands with my worst enemies, so long as it means I get something out of it.

Moving on. I know there was something really stupid you said this week, but I just can’t remember what it was…oh! Some bullshit about my ability to make plans. What I don’t understand is why people refuse to accept this simple fact that there is nobody in NLWF today that can truly outsmart me. I can’t make plans, Nick? Au contraire, mon ami! You don’t get it, do you? What you see as a sudden failure, my plan getting ‘blown to shit’ as you call it…how many times have I seen this coming? My ability to write and rewrite my plans, adapting to any and all setbacks that may or may not come is one of the many reasons I can call myself the smartest man in wrestling. And just as there are all these things you decided not to tell me back in the day, there are just as many things I’ve kept to myself. And am I completely wrong in doing so? Need I remind everyone what happened when Cyrus stumbled upon my little secret regarding Alison Williams?

The point is, there is always a plan. And though, generall speaking, they don’t go off without a hitch, they do always end in some sort of gain for me. And that, dear friends, is a victory. I make these schemes to get myself higher on the pedestal. I do it to bring myself more success. Sometimes, it means other people get to tag along for the ride for a bit. Sometimes, it means I need to step on a few people. But regardless of who is involved, who will be an ally and who will be buried…My plans equal success. My plans equal power. Prestige. And now, my plan will equal my first major title defense in NLWF.

Nick, you’ve built quite a reputation of being a guy with a lot of talent and even more heart. Unfortunately, you’re against the man who has built a reputation of crushing people who try and get by on heart. Jake Stunner, Mexican Samurai, Wayne Morley, Carver Ocean…all these guys had heart. But when they stepped up to plate against Chuck Matthews, they fell short. Will you be any different? I think not. And that’s why I have to say to you that it will in fact be ME that feels bad for taking away YOUR shot at the NLWF title. As I said before…I just don’t think you can bring yourself to beat a guy like me.

Let‘s continue on this thought of people who don‘t have the heart to beat me. Matt Gray. Matt, the only man that can shoot a promo that fucking long and still fail to insult Chuck Matthews at all. Dude, what is your obsession with me? That’s all well and good, you have respect for a man such as Chuck Matthews. But come on. You go on this long rant about Corey, about your tag team partner, and when it comes to the man that poses as your biggest threat, you don’t say a thing. Quite frankly, Matt…well, a picture says a thousand words.

Til Death Do Us Part Wwe-edge

Honestly. I mean, I know I got myself an ego, but I’m not so full of myself that I think I can’t be insulted. But you can’t do it, can you Matt? ‘Oh, brother, I’m sorry about your girlfriend.’ ‘Chum, you create these stipulations but this is something I don’t need to do.’ Jesus titty fucking Christ, Matt, just shut up. Is that the best you can do? Tell me I need a match of my choosing? Well, don’t I feel completely beat right now? How can I possibly come back from a stab like that? What an ego check!

You’re kidding, right? People go on and on about how impressive Matt Gray is, how dominant he is, how he can’t be stopped. You know what I see when I look at you, Matt? I see a man that’s never been pinned. A man that’s never tapped out. And a man that’s never been able to beat Chuck Matthews.

I beat you at War Games, after winning five matches prior to it. I came damn close to beating you at King of the Throne. Why should I think the third time’s the charm for you? Why should I believe this will be the time you pull off a win? Once upon a time, Matt, I was starting to fall for the hype. I saw Matt Gray and started thinking ‘This is the guy to keep an eye on.’ But now that I’m fighting you with both out titles at stake? I realize, you aren’t all that impressive. You won against Nick Ridicule, so what? I look across the ring this week, and I see a man who lost in the End Game, a match that nobody thought he could lose. But I also see the NLWF Champion, a man who’s hiding behind his unpinned, unsubmit streak, and who has done everything in his power to keep it that way. Even if it means running away from the match.

Is that what you’ll do this week, Matt? When you realize you’re up against two top tier competitors, when you realize you’re in way over your head? You’re just gonna fucking run. Head for the hills, and never look back. You’ll lose the NLWF Title, but who cares? You’ll still be unpinned and unsubmit. And it’ll only be a matter of time before you get another shot at the strap, right?

You said it best. When we’re backed in a corner, nobody does it better than Matt Gray and Chuck Matthews. That seems to be a defining characteristic with me, doesn’t it? When Chuck is cornered, when Chuck is determined, hell nor high water isn’t gonna stop him. I look to defend a title. I’ve promised that my next world title reign would be my first defense, and here we are. A promise is a promise, right Nick? A determined Chuck Matthews is no easy obstacle to overcome, right Nick? A Chuck Matthews who’s been backed in a corner is an animal unleashed, right Matt?

You two have dug your own graves. You’ve pushed the right buttons, you’ve said the right things…and you’ve managed to get me cornered. Now I power out, just as you predicted. And I remain the Universal Champion.

You know what’s ironic about this whole thing? The man you have to blame for this isn’t me, or Corey, or Nick. It’s Brenton Cyrus. Him and his whole ‘vicious circle’ bullshit or whatever the fuck he calls it. You know what the beauty of the whole thing is?

Look at it this way. One year ago, Chuck turns on Brenton Cyrus. Chuck hits a bit of a slump with the Hazard gimmick…and Brenton’s career soars. Now fast forward. One World Nation. Brenton turns on Chuck, destroys Chuck’s pet project, just as Chuck did to Cyrus’s Salvation. Now, I’m about to hit you with some fifth grade logic, so hopefully I won’t lose too many of you here.

If Chuck turned on Brenton, and Cyrus’s career took off…what should we expect to happen now that Brenton has turned on Chuck?

Have a nice week.”
Chuck Matthews
Chuck Matthews
Proving Ground
Proving Ground

Male
Birthday : 1991-05-17
Zodiac : Taurus
Chinese Zodiac : Goat
Location Location : Chicago, Illinois
Number of posts : 710

Back to top Go down